This breaded Air Fryer Chicken Breast is SO crispy you won’t believe how healthy and easy it is! Great for busy weeknights, with a gluten free option!
PIN Air Fryer Chicken Breast
CRISPY chicken breast in the air fryer!
Because I love my air fryer. Maybe even more than my instant pot and my food processor combined. You can make air fryer buffalo cauliflower, air fryer potato chips and even crispy air fried fish in the air fryer. I even discovered you could make air fryer falafel and crispy air fryer brussels sprouts and it pretty much blew my mind. It’s even easier to make air fryer hard boiled eggs than boiling them in water!
Mine pretty much does not leave my counter top and use it ALMOST daily to make healthy air fryer recipes.
Seriously. This little contraption is NEVER going out of style and if you don’t have one yet, you need to FIX THAT.
Especially because it creates these INSANELY juicy-on-the-inside, crispy on the outside air fryer chicken breasts that could not even be the least bit more simple, minimal-ingredients kind of weeknight dinner that the whole family will love! Think of it kind of like the air fryer chicken nuggets, but in BIG form.
Seriously. Mr. FFF and I didn’t expect to love this easy chicken dinner SO much because we usually go for crazy bold flavors like creamy chickpea curry or mango chicken with coconut cauliflower rice but you know what they say right?
KISS. <– Keep it simple stupid. Not that any of us are stupid <3 but we gotta keep it SIMPLE sometimes and this air fryer boneless chicken breast recipe is PROOF of that!
Air Fryer Chicken Breast Ingredients
To make this dinner happen in your-person, food-eating life you will need similar ingredients to the air fryer chicken Parmesan. You’ll need:
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Olive oil
- Panko crumbs
- Spices – seasoning salt, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and ground mustard
- Cooking spray
That’s it! See? Pantry essential kinda goodness!
How to Cook Chicken Breast in the Air Fryer
You want to use a meat mallet or rolling pin to flatten the chicken (like when I showed you how to grill chicken!) because this makes it cook evenly.
Once your chicken is flattened, dry it off well and then drizzle it with olive oil. This helps it get extra crispy and stay moist and tender!
Mix the panko and all the spices in a large Ziploc bag and then transfer to a shallow, rimmed plate.
Sprinkle the chicken with a pinch of salt and then bread it by pressing it into the panko mixture, covering entirely and pressing the panko onto it.
Place the chicken into the mesh basket of your air fryer (after it has been pre-heating 10 minutes) making sure to leave some room between breasts. Spray it with cooking spray and cook at 400 degrees for 8 minutes. Flip it, spray again and cook another 6-8 minutes until the panko is golden and an instant read thermometer reads 165 degrees.
How to Make It Gluten Free
If you are following a gluten free diet and still want to eat some chicken breast air fryer, simple sure certified gluten free panko breadcrumbs. I’ve used Ians and they would great – just make sure you use the unseasoned kind!
What to serve with Air Fryer Chicken Breast?
Because the seasonings in this chicken are super simple, you can pretty much serve this with anything! Some of my favorite sides are:
- Mediterranean Low Carb Broccoli Salad
- Low Carb Mock Cauliflower Potato Salad
- Cauliflower Tater Tots
- Roasted Cauliflower with Parmesan
It would even be delicious topped on your favorite salad for a little magical crunchy texture!
Seriously. Once you go air fried.
You’ll never go back.
Other Healthy Chicken Recipes
Crispy Breaded Air Fryer Chicken Breast
- Air Fryer
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Place the chicken breast between two layers of parchment paper. Use a rolling pin or meat mallet to gentle press the chicken so it's an even width throughout. Dry the chicken breasts off with paper towel.
- Pour the oil onto the chicken (I do this right on the parchment) and rub all over, coating it equally. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in a small bowl, shaking together. Pour onto a large rimmed plate.
- Cover each of the chicken breasts well with the panko mixture, and then place onto the mesh basket of your air fryer, making sure to leave room between the breasts - they would not be touching.
- Spray the tops of the chicken with cooking spray and cook 8 minutes. Gently flip and cook another 6-8 minutes until the chicken is crispy and golden and an instant read thermometer reads 165 degrees Fahrenheit inserted into the chicken
- DEVOUR! (Great with ketchup! ?
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: FREESTYLE POINTS:1 POINTS+: 4. OLD POINTS: 3
(per 1/4 of the recipe)
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!