This Ranch Baked Greek Yogurt Chicken with cheese and bacon is a quick and easy weeknight meal that is healthy and delicious! A total crowd pleaser!
PIN Ranch Baked Greek Yogurt Chicken with Cheese
Originally posted May 2/2014, Updated Jan 26/2018
You know what I was thinking about the other day?
I was thinking that marriage is kind of a really weird concept.
It’s like hey-I’ve-known-you-only-9-months-which-is-about-.000079-of-my-life-and-5-months-of-that-was-via-skype-but-let’s-live-together-forever-and-I’ll-even-let-you-move-me-to-a-whole-new-country-and-hey-we-may-as-well-even-move-the-farthest-away-possible-from-my-family-who-I-have-lived-with-for-22-years-and-have-never-been-apart-from.
Yes, that was long, there was a lot of hyphens and some of those parts may or may not have been “me” specific – like the only knowing each other 9 months, with 5 months via skype (again, clarification can be found with this healthy Ice Cream recipe) and the whole moving to a different country thing, but it’s WEIRD right?
But, it’s also totally Biblical, which makes it awesome.
Especially because it’s like getting to have permanent sleepovers with your best friend.
Except sometimes, those sleepovers aren’t really that awesome. Like when your husband proceeds to steal the covers on purpose all night. OR when he is “all over the place” in his sleeping (his words, not mine.)
OR, when he makes your dog poke you in back all night with her paws, and then pretends that she is totally doing it on her own, and he is in no way making it happen. All the while, he is laughing like a crazy person which doesn’t really help the believe-ability of his story.
Not that I know anything about those last two bits.
How-ev-er I might be a little bit tired this morning and it may or may not have to do with aforementioned last 2 bits.
And, due to being tired, I didn’t want to cook. But, I’m a food blogger….I kinda have to do it.
Definitely wasn’t feeling like whipping anything SUPER ultra creative up or anything though. No green cashew curry chicken bowls with watermelon or shredded cabbage salad with apples and curry FOR ME.
Not even gonna bother lying, I did debate just eating a back of popcorn and watching “Marriage Bootcamp.”
Sidenote: Have you seen this show? It makes me and the huberoni feel like we have the most functional marriage ever.
Anyway. This baked greek yogurt chicken came together because:
- I was too tired to think and be creative. Cheese and bacon make everything better right? So together? No way it could fail. Which means no way that I would have to use my brain.
- I had ranch seasoning left over from some roasted cauliflower, and I didn’t know what to do with it.
- Greek yogurt makes my protein loving heart happy. SO, a chicken recipe with Greek yogurt? SO MUCH PROTEIN GOODNESS.
- I was too lazy to put on real pants and go to the grocery store.
- I like healthy greek yogurt chicken.
Well, not really the end, but the-strange-man-that-I-call-hubs and I loved this guys.
So much so that I decided it would be a wise life choice to be lazy and never go to the grocery store, and only make food out of whatever I have in my pantry.
Up next: Dog kibble crusted Greek yogurt baked chicken breasts!
I’m kidding. Scruffy (our puppy) doesn’t share.
Andddd you’re probably pretty relieved about that.
- Combine the Greek yogurt, buttermilk, ranch seasoning, garlic powder and pinch of salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Place the chicken breasts in the bowl and cover with the yogurt mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray a small baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place the chicken breasts in the prepared baking dish, covering with all the yogurt mixture, and then topping with the grated cheese.
- Bake until the chicken is no longer pink inside, about 25-30 minutes.
- Heat a small pan on med/high heat. Cook the bacon until golden and crispy, about 2-3 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper towel and blot off any fat.
- Crumble the cooked bacon on top and DEVOUR
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: SMART POINTS: 4 POINTS+: 6. OLD POINTS: 6
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!