This Sauteed Broccolini is an easy, 3 ingredient side dish that is perfect for busy weeknights! Naturally low carb and so tasty too!
PIN Sauteed Broccolini
Ahhh broccolini – one of my favorite vegetables!
What’s the difference between Broccoli and Broccolini?
I’m a broccoli fanatic. It’s a fantastic veggie that is jam PACKED with nutrients for your body, is easy to cook with, goes well with so many different foods, and is delicious to boot. If you’re not on the broccoli train, I’m going to invite you aboard with this recipe that uses broccolini! Now, you might be wondering what on earth is broccolini?! The difference between broccoli and broccolini is that broccolini is a hybrid of broccoli and is much more delicate and the stems are longer, similar to asparagus. It looks a lot like broccoli but has those subtle differences that make it unique.
What does broccolini taste like?
Aside from the look of broccolini, the taste can be a bit different as well. It is definitely similar to broccoli in its texture and its taste as well, however, broccolini is a bit sweeter than its brother, broccoli!
Sauteed Broccolini Ingredients
This AMAZING recipe comes together with just a handful of wholesome ingredients, a lot of which you may have kicking around the kitchen already! Don’t you LOVE it when you don’t have to run out to the store when you’re in a pinch and need some nutritious, tasty food fast? Me too, and that’s why you’re going to approve of the ingredients list for this broccolini:
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Salt
How to Sautee Broccolini
Now that we’ve had a chance to gather our ingredients (didn’t take long!), I’m going to guide you through cooking up this tasty side dish! Let’s get started!
Start by cutting off the stalky ends of the broccolini and remove any leaves.
Put the broccolini into a high sided large skillet with the water and set the heat to medium. Cover and cook, stirring frequently, until the broccolini turns bright green and the stalks become fork-tender. This should take approximately 8-10 minutes. Next, uncover and cook an additional 1-2 minutes or until the water dries up completely.
Push the broccolini to one side of the pan and add in the oil and garlic. Stir it all together and cook a bit longer, until the broccolini is a bit charred and browned.
Season to taste with salt, serve, and enjoy. DEVOUR!
What to Serve With Sautéed Broccolini
This sauteed deliciousness is a nutritious, wholesome dish that screams YUM all on its own! If you’re throwing a dinner party and want to add some proteins and other sides to make it a full course meal, you totally can! Here are a few recipes that I recommend pairing with this broccolini dish:
- Protein: Everything Bagel Chicken or Pistachio Crusted Chicken would be BOMB alongside this broccolini, or a big juicy Keto Steak with Garlic Butter Mushrooms.
- Other sides: Cook up a pot of rice, or for a lower carb side, cauliflower rice to go with this broccolini recipe. Check out How to cook Cauliflower rice to learn 4 easy ways to make it!
Other Healthy Broccoli Recipes:
- 1 Lb Broccolini
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Garlic, diced
- Cut the stalky ends of the broccolini and remove any leaves.
- Place the broccolini into a large, high-sided skillet with the water and turn to medium heat. Cover and cooking, stirring occasionally, until the broccolini is bright green and the stalks are fork tender, about 8-10 mins.
- Uncover and cook until the water dries up, about 1-2 minutes.
- Push the broccolini to the side and add in the oil and garlic. Stir together and cook until the broccolini is a little bit brown and charred.
- Season to taste with salt and DEVOUR!
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!