These Vegan Granola Bars are a perfect and delicious snack! Gluten free and homemade with wholesome ingredients without dairy or eggs!
Perfectly sweet and chewy with little swirls of peanut butter and chocolate bursts in EVERY bite.
That is what these little bars, that your snacking mouth is going to ❤️❤️❤️❤️, are made of!
Just in case you (like me) are not watching your carbs and didn’t want to eat keto low carb granola bars.
I made these just FOR YOU because I grew up eating Quaker chewy chocolate chip granola bars and I think that everyone needs a healthy remake.
Why you will LOVE This Recipe
I am always up for getting in the kitchen and creating healthy recipes for you and your crew to enjoy! One of my most FAVORITE types of recipes to create is healthy bars- around here, we love healthy peanut butter oatmeal breakfast bars and keto low carb granola bars, but I got to thinking that we need another VEGAN bar recipe to add to the list. So join me in welcoming homemade vegan granola bars to the club! They are chewy, they are flavorful, they are PERFECTLY sweet and they are made with better-for-you ingredients that you will feel good about.
Making any specialty recipe might seem intimidating, but they don’t have to be! This vegan granola bar recipe combines simple, easy-to-pronounce-ingredients, many of which you probably have in the fridge and pantry already, to make the most delicious bars! Here’s what you will need to make a pan of these bars:
- Maple Syrup
- Peanut Butter
- Vegan Butter
- Vanilla Extract
- Quick Oats
- Puffed Rice Cereal
- Dairy Free Mini Chocolate Chips
How to make Vegan Granola Bars
Line a square pan with parchment paper, allowing it to hang over the sides of the pan.
In a medium pot, add the maple syrup, peanut butter, butter and molasses and cook over medium heat, bringing it to a boil. Once simmering, stir until it thickens and then remove from heat.
Whisk the vanilla into the hot mixture, then stir in all remaining ingredients except for the chocolate chips and craisins. Once mixed well, carefully stir in the chocolate chips and craisins.
Press the mixture very firmly into the prepared pan and pop it in the fridge to cool for a couple of hours.
Slice the bars once firm enough and serve. DEVOUR!
Top Tips for making DIY Vegan Granola Bars
- Don’t Cook Too Long: Once the butter mixture has simmered for a minute or two, remove it from heat. You don’t want to burn the peanut butter by boiling it too much.
- Press it Firmly: Don’t be afraid to put some muscle into it! By pressing the bars down firmly, you can ensure that they won’t fall apart when you serve them
- Double Check your Oats: If you are gluten free, be sure to purchase oats that are certified gluten free!
It’s time to mix things up! If these vegan granola bars aren’t quite your jam, feel free to switch things around to suit your needs and preferences! Not into peanuts? Try almond or cashew butter instead of peanut butter! Want a little extra crunch? Chop up your favorite nuts and toss in a handful or two. Also, you can leave out the craisins and add more chocolate if you desire or vise-versa.
How to Store Granola Bars
These delicious vegan friendly granola bars are the perfect, energy-boosting breakfast or snack ANYTIME of day. To store them, simply place them in an airtight container and place them in the fridge for up to two weeks. They will last even longer in the freezer- I recommend wrapping them individually in plastic wrap and then tossing them all in a freezer style zip lock bag. They will be good for up to 3 months this way!
more vegan recipes
- 4 1/2 Tbsp Maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp Peanut butter
- 3 Tbsp Vegan Butter
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Molasses
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 Cups Quick oats
- 3/4 Cup Puffed rice cereal
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3 Tbsp Dairy Free mini chocolate chips
- 3 Tbsp Craisins
- Line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper, leaving enough to hang over the edges of the pan.
- Combine the maple syrup, peanut butter, butter and molasses in a large pot on medium heat and bring to a simmer.
- Once simmering cook, stirring constantly until it just starts to thicken, only 10-20 seconds. Remove from heat.
- Whisk in the vanilla. Then, add in all the other ingredients except the chocolate chips and craisins.
- Once mixed well, stir in the chocolate chips and craisins.
- Press into the prepared pan VERY firmly (you don't want the bars to break apart!).
- Chill in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours until firm.
- Slice and DEVOUR!
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
For This Recipe, I recommend:
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!