This CREAMY healthy fall vegan sweet potato soup is made in the slow cooker for an EASY weeknight dinner with cozy flavor! Gluten free, paleo and delicious!
PIN Creamy healthy fall vegan sweet potato soup
Ohhhh the sweet potato soup recipe of 1000 FACES.
Which only makes sense to you if you live in my kitchen, which you don’t, so you’re probably just sitting there scratching your cute little noggin’ wonderin’ what I’m talking about.
Internet friends, you know I like crazy food combos. I am the girl that made healthy banana muffins with turmeric and green cashew curry chicken bowls with watermelon.
But, sometimes, even my own taste buds get it wrong. They think they know WHAT IS UP and that flavor combo XYZ is going to make the best, most YUMMIEST slow cooker sweet potato soup. And then they actually taste it.
Annnnd they’re like “BYYEEEE, we’ll just go back to SIMPLE crock pot paleo hamburger soup or kabocha squash soup K THANKS.”
This creamy vegan potato soup was one of those moments in my life when I questioned my recipe-developing brain. It started out as MAPLE APPLE CHIPOTLE COCONUT with ONION NOODLES.
Holy whoa, slow your rolllll Taylor. That was just TOO much going on, and the chipotle hit ya with a POW of not-so-good-spiciness-cannot-taste-anything-else-for-the-rest-of-the-day-kinda BADNESS.
Then there was PEANUT BUTTER COCONUT TERIYAKI (???) with CUCUMBER NOODLES.
Do not even know why I thought that would be good. We’ll just leave that over there.
F-I-N-A-L-L-Y we landed on this COZY bowl of fall B-L-I-S-S with creamy notes of sweet potato, spicy cinnamon and ginger with a little naturally-sweet and FRESH ‘n fruity apple and that velvety-smooooth swirl of creamy coconut milk and maple syrup.
Wiiiith a pinch of cumin to balance it allll out so your mouth doesn’t feel like it’s slurpin’ on a healthy SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE.
Also, almond butter and APPLE noodles because it worked so well for coconut curry with almond butter, and it’s taking the creamy factor of this easy sweet potato soup recipe OFF THE CHARTS.
Also, the sequel: cumin roasted almonds might just be your new favorite snack because they are just SO SIMPLE 3-ingredients-kinda-good, but are gonna make your texture-freak self VRY excited about eating a bowl of soup.
So, liiike, make extra to feed your snacking mouth, mmkay?
One almond for the soup, three for Y-O-U. Rep-EAT.
Besides being totally fall-appropriate and hitting all the texture marks – creamy! Crunchy! Crispy! – you’re going to get really excited when you realize that choosing to eat healthy sweet potato soup is basically like pressing the EASY BUTTON on your dinner life.
HOLY friends could not get ANY simpler.
Well, maybe if you bought it. But then you wouldn’t be the ultra-successful-kitchen-MASTER that I know lives inside you.
How do you make sweet potato soup with coconut milk?
- Peel and roughly chop your sweet potatoes, along with your apples (no need to peel those!) and add them into your crock pot.
- Add in your chicken broth, spices and a little swirl of creamy almond butter.
- Cook those suckers until super-soft and tender, which is 2-3 hours on high heat
- Toss it ALL into a blender with a drizzle of PURE maple syrup and light coconut milk and blend until your creamy-soup-dreams are A REALITY
Pressin’ that easy button on dinner and feelin’ VRY cozy-creamy-fall FANTASTIC about it.
Other Recipes You Might Like:
Easy Homemade CrockPot Vegetable Soup
Moroccan Roasted Acorn Squash Soup
- 2 Medium Sweet potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped (700g)
- 2 Large Fuji apples, seeded and roughly chopped (300g)
- 1 1/2 Cups Reduced-sodium Vegetable broth
- 3 Tbsp Natural creamy almond butter
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp Fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tsp Ground cumin
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- 1 Cup Light coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp Maple syrup
- 1/2 Cup Almonds
- 1/2 tsp Olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Ground cumin
- 3 Large Fuji apples, spiralized with blade D
- Fresh cilantro, minced
- Stir all the ingredients up to the coconut milk (not including the milk) In the bottom of your slow cooker (mine is 7 quarts.) Cover and cook until the potatoes and apples are soft and tender, about 3 hours on high or 5-6 hours on low.
- While the soup cooks, heat your oven to 375 degrees. In a small bowl, toss the almonds with the oil and ground cumin, sprinkling with salt. Spread onto a small pan and bake until golden brown and toasted, about 10-11 minutes. Roughly chop and set aside.
- Once the soup is cooked, transfer to a large blender, along with the coconut milk and maple syrup. Blend until smooth and creamy, adjusting the salt if necessary.
- Transfer into bowls and divide the apple noodles, almonds and some fresh cilantro on top of each bowl. DEVOUR!
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
Weight Watchers Points Per Serving: Freestyle SmartPoints: 10 Points+: 7. Old Points: 5
(per 1/6 of the recipe or about 1 cup of soup with 1/6 of the apple noodles and almonds)
STAY IN DA KNOW WITH THINGS GOING ON AT FFF (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!
Leave a Comment