This Brie Grilled Cheese is made extra delicious with sweet and crispy apples! An adult grilled cheese that feels SO fancy but is SO easy to make!
PIN Brie Grilled Cheese
Name a food that is better than a grilled cheese sandwich.
Right. There isn’t one.
We’re talking crispy, buttery bread with ooey-gooey melty cheese in the middle. It’s simple, it’s comforting and it’s just SO DANG GOOD.
Especially when you give it a super fancy-feeling makeover and make a grilled BRIE sandwich!
What Goes Well with Brie in a Sandwich?
In my opinion, brie cheese is one of the best cheeses on the planet. It’s salty and has a rich, deep flavor. But, you don’t want to pair it with something else that has a super distinct flavor or it will all taste a little messy in your mouth! My favorite pairings with a brie sandwich are apples and almonds!
To make this brie grilled cheese, we’re adding the most amazingly fresh, sweet and spicy apple chutney and crispy, toasty almonds on the inside. You might actually think you’ve gone to a cute little bistro for lunch but WHOA you are just an ultra-fancy lunch-making person!
Brie Grilled Cheese Ingredients
You need a few simple ingredients to make this apple brie sandwich come together:
- GOOD bread
- Slivered almonds
- Maple syrup
- Ground ginger
- Ground cinnamon
- Brie cheese (duh)
What kind of bread to use?
The key to making this the BEST brie and apple sandwich in all the land is to use really good quality, soft and flavorful bread. This is not the time to use that old sandwich bread that has been slowly dying in the back of your freezer.
Don’t lie. We all have that loaf.
My favorite bread to make a grilled cheese is sourdough. Really, sourdough is the king of all breads. Whether your making dessert toasts or a little side of garlic toast to serve with Instant Pot Primavera? It just tastes the best, and it’s NO different when it comes to making the BEST grilled cheese.
But, if you’re gluten free, you could use gluten free bread too!
How to Cut Brie for A Sandwich
- Wrap the brie tightly in plastic wrap and freeze for at least 30 minutes
- Once frozen, remove the wrap and slice off the top and bottom of the brie. This should be easy since the cheese should be frozen!
- Then, you simply must lay the brie flat against a cutting board. Then, use a serrated knife to cut along the edges and slice off the sides. As you cut, start pulling the sides of the rind away from the cheese. Continue until you’ve completely removed the rind.
- Slice like normal cheese and make your sandwich!
How to make Brie Grilled Cheese
Spread the almonds on a shallow, rimmed baking sheet and toast in a 400-degree oven until lightly browned and fragrant, about 4-5 minutes.
Mix the almonds, diced apples, maple syrup, ginger and cinnamon together to make the apple chutney.
Slice the brie cheese and divide it between 4 slices of bread
Melt the butter in a large pan over medium heat. Once melted, place two slices of bread into the pan, cheese-side up. Divide the apple chutney between the two slices and quickly cover with the remaining two slices, cheese-side down. Cook until golden brown, about 1-2 minutes. Then, flip and repeat.
THIS is the kind of cheesy that NO ONE complains about.
Other Healthy Sandwich Recipes:
- 2 Tbsps Slivered almonds toasted
- 2/3 Cup Apples, diced (I like fuji)
- 2 Tbsps Maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp Ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 4 oz Brie Cheese, sliced
- 4 Slices Sourdough bread (or GF bread if needed)
- 2 Tbsps Butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F, and spread the slivered almonds on a small baking sheet. Bake them until lightly browned, about 4-5 minutes.
- Mix the toasted almonds, diced apples, maple syrup, ginger and cinnamon together in a small bowl.
- Divide the Brie slices between all 4 pieces of bread.
- Melt the 2 Tbsps. of butter in a large panover medium heat.
- Once the butter is melted, place two slices of bread into the pan cheese side up.
- Quickly divide the apple chutney between both pieces of bread, and top with the remaining slices of bread, cheese-side down.
- Cook until golden brown, about 1-2 minutes, and then flip and repeat on the other side.
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: FREESTYLE POINTS:21 POINTS+: 15. OLD POINTS: 13
(per 1 sandwich, based on the recipe making 2)
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!