These Air Fryer Apple Chips are a wonderfully healthy and delicious snack! You only need 2 ingredients and they are SO easy to make!
It’s like air fryer potato chips but even HEALTHIER
*and the crowd goes WILLLLLD*
No, but for real, you should be going wild about these crispy little snacks because they are going to be your new snackin’ go-to.
Especially once apple season rolls around and you have so many apples that you just don’t know what to do with ’em!
Why you will LOVE This Recipe
If you’re not a stranger to the blog, you will know that I am OBSESSED with my air fryer around here. I use it to make everything from air fryer chicken nuggets to air fryer butternut squash and beyond- I even do some baking in it (hello air fryer cinnamon rolls!). Today’s recipe is a healthy, easy AND tasty one that you will very quickly become obsessed with, so consider yourselves warned! Let’s all welcome the snackable, the delicious, the incredible air fryer cinnamon apple chips to FFF. They are SO simple to make, are incredibly addictive, and are a healthy choice for a snack anytime of day. Even picky eaters will go wild for these chips, and they are a fantastic choice for a snack on the go as well.
Healthy Benefits of Apples
Why apples, you ask? Well, apples are incredibly versatile, are naturally sweet, but they also are loaded with vitamins and minerals that are good for our bodies. Apples boast being high in vitamin C and antioxidants, while also aiding in digestion with their high fiber content. They are made up of a lot of water, hydrating our bodies and they support a healthy immune system, fighting off illness and disease! Making a batch of apple chips in air fryer is a fantastic idea because they are not only delicious, but are good for you too.
Now that I’ve lured you aboard the apple train, it’s time to gather up everything we will need to make some apple chips air fryer. And to be honest, you will only need 2 ingredients, so this may be the most simple recipe you have ever made! For this recipe, all you will need is:
How to make Air Fryer Apple Chips
Using a mandolin, slice the apples into slices.
Place a few of the apple slices into the mesh basket of your air fryer and sprinkle them with a little bit of cinnamon. Do not overcrowd the slices or they will not crisp up- you need to cook them in a few separate batches. Cook them, with a rack placed on top, until they are lightly browned and crispy. Flip the slices once during the cook time.
Remove the apple sliced from the air fryer and let them crisp up until they are completely cooled. Repeat by cooking all the rest of the apple slices.
Serve up the apple slices and enjoy!
Top Tips for Making Air Fryer Apple Chips
- Use A Mandolin: To ensure even thickness in your apple slices, I recommend using a mandolin to slice the apples.
- Place a Rack on Top: Place a rack overtop of the apple slices when cooking them to ensure that they don’t fly around while they are cooking.
- Watch Closely: You will want to make sure to check in on the apple slices so that they don’t burn while they are cooking!
I recommend storing these apple chips in a bag or airtight container at room temperature for up to a week! They will keep well, but make sure they are completely dried and cooled before storing them so that they don’t get soggy.
more healthy air fryer recipes
- 1 Large apple
- Use a mandolin to slice the apple about 1/8 inch thick.
- Place a few of the apple slices in the mesh basket of your air fryer and sprinkle with a little cinnamon. It's VERY important to not overcrowd the apples or they won't get crispy.
- Place a rack over them so they don't blow around and Cook on 300 degrees for 5 minutes. Flip and cook an additional 4-6 minutes, until the edges curl up and there are golden brown areas (but not black!) on the apple
- Remove from heat and let them cool and crisp up on the counter
- Repeat with the rest of the apple
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
For This Recipe, I recommend:
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!
Leave a Comment