Just letting you know that this vegan chickpea salad sandwich is sponsored by my friends at Oregon Fruit! It’s gonna be your favorite lunch!
This sandwich with chickpea spread has tangy notes of balsamic vinegar, sweet blackberries and fresh basil! It’s a healthy, gluten free lunch that’s packed with plant protein and fiber!
PIN Vegan Chickpea Salad Sandwich
ChickPEAS chickPEAS! Where my pulse peeps at?
T-H-I-S smash-y mashed chickpea salad with its tangy swirls of balsamic vinegar, dreamy CREAMY yogurt, fresh basil and those mesmerizing, jewel-toned bursts of rich, PUNCHY and sweet blackberries in every bite.
I LOVE IT SO.
Whether your vessel of choice is a slice of bread (like me!) or goin’ straight at it with a spoon, this vegan chickpea salad sandwich is gonna be jazzing up your not-boring-anymore desk lunches ALL week long.
BUT HAVE YOU TRIED SMASHED CHICKPEAS?
Ever since discovering the versatility of chickpeas in the vegan chickpea cookie dough bowls and peanut butter chickpea chocolate chip cookies, I think my brain has been on some subconscious quest to see what other new and HAPPENIN’ ways we can use our little pulse buddies because:
- They’re PACKED with plant-based protein. If there’s protein in it, you can BET I am in.
- Fiber YO. Real talk: have you ever tried to add fiber to your diet through those sketchy fiber supplements? You know the ones were overly excited people are dancing around holding their tummies happily on TV, because said fiber is doing magical things for their digestion?
Yea. They don’t taste very happy. Would MUUUCH rather get my 25-30g daily from MORE food please!
- They’re yummy. ‘Nuff said.
Instead of being super tradish (because when do we ever eat traditional food flavors ‘round here?) I thought you might like something a little more fresh and VIBRANT. <– I know the snow is barely gone (longest winter ever, HELLO) but I think we’re READY for Spring food!
I’m paying a little homage to where I call home – the Pacific Northwest – and using Oregon Fruit’s canned blackberries to add some fruity-fresh and tangy-sweet flavor profiles to this vegan chickpea salad sandwich, that are basically kind of perfect.
Don’t worry though – you can get their fruit worldwide, not just the PNW! ?
Oregon Fruit is an 82-year old family company that packs its berries and assorted fruit in the summer for MAXIMUM ripeness, flavor and consistency! <– You know what is going to be UP when you open any can!
They’re also Non-GMO, have Z-E-R-O High Fructose Corn Syrup and a Non-BPA lining!
Canned blackberries are a SUPER quick and E-Z-P-Z way to add the yummy flavors and nutrients of fresh blackberries into our chickpea sandwich. Annnnd it’s the secret-trick that allows you to enjoy a THICK slice of pillowy bread piled high with some mashed chickpea salad ALL YEAR LONG.
It’s the kind of lunch that you make for yourself when you don’t really have time to eat, but inner-foodie-you wants something more exciting and “adult” than the PB and J sandwich that you ate yesterday.
And the day before that….and the day before that….
Not that I know anything about that. All just hypothetically speaking, of course.
The vibrant blackberries and deep, emerald-green basil are also making this sandwich read NEXT level on the scale of your standard sandwich prettiness. I think both you and I can agree that pretty food is JUST the most fun to eat.
Lunch envy. Be prepared to give it to E’RYONE around you.
Blackberry Basil Vegan Chickpea Salad Sandwich
- 1 Can Chickpeas, drained and rinsed (15 oz)
- 4 Tbsp Dairy-free plain yogurt
- 2 Tbsp Good quality balsamic vinegar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 6 Tbsp Oregon Fruit Canned Blackberries, Drained and packed
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 6 Slices Bread, of choice
- Place the chickpeas, yogurt, balsamic vinegar and salt in a large bowl and mash until most of the chickpeas are broken down, leaving some a little chunky for texture. I find using a potato mashed helps a lot!
- Add in the blackberries, lightly mashing them and stirring them in until well mixed. Stir in the basil.
- For optimum yumminess: cover and refrigerate for at least one hour to chill and develop the flavors.
- Spread on bread and DEVOUR!
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY MY FRIENDS AT OREGON FRUIT. THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO CONTINUE CREATING GREAT CONTENT FOR YOU BY SUPPORTING PARTNERSHIPS WITH SUPER-FAB BRANDS THAT FOOD FAITH FITNESS LOVES TO WORK WITH! AS ALWAYS, OPINIONS REMAIN 100% MY OWN!
OREGON FRUIT IS BEING FAB AND GIVING 1 OF YOU A CHANCE TO WIN A $100 AMAZON GIFT CARD AND COUPONS FOR 1 FREE OREGON FRUIT CAN A MONTH FOR AN ENTIRE YEAR! ENTRY IS SUPER SIMPLE, JUST USE THE WIDGET BELOW!
This giveaway will run from 5/07/2018 until 05/14/2018. 1 winner will be and contacted via email within 48 hours. The winner has 48 hours to claim their prize, or a new winner will be selected in their place. Open to residents of the USA and Canada only
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: FREESTYLE POINTS: 2 POINTS+:5 . OLD POINTS: 3
(per 1/3 of the salad, not including bread of choice)