Vegan chickpea cookie dough is made with chickpeas, peanut butter, chocolate chips and almond milk so you can have healthy cookie dough for breakfast!
Do you know what dreams are made of?
NO, besides chemicals and crazy brain functions.
Ugh. Way to go ruining my intro by being all technical-schmechnical.
I’m going to ask you again, and then I am going to TELL YOU. Do you know what dreams are made of?
THIS garbanzo bean cookie dough. FOR BREAKFAST.
Is that not somuch better than trying to overthink and be logical? I knew you would come around.
These chickpea chocolate chip cookie dough breakfast bowls are actually not like cookie dough in the sense that they have NO flour, grains and NO refined sugar. But they are like dough from the land of cookies in the sense that they taste JUST LIKE IT.
Did your taste buds just fall off your head?
You might want to pick those up. You know, before someone steps on them.
Don’t say I don’t look out for you.
Let’s be real though, are you surprised that I turned the chickpea cookie dough from the vegan brownies stuffed with peanut butter cookie dough, vegan cookie dough stuffed peanut butter bites AND cookie dough banana ice cream recipe and turned it into a STRAIGHT up bowl of yumminess?
I mean, cookie dough was great covered up under a layer of oatmeal in the cookie dough overnight oats. Or with banana ice cream on top if you wanna get down on some cookie dough vegan banana ice cream bars. But, you and I both know that a bowl of JUST cookie dough > the inclusion of oatmeal.
Besides the whole PEANUT BUTTER VEGAN COOKIE DOUGH ON A SPOON INTO FACE BEFORE I EVEN KNOW HOW TO FUNCTION shenanigans, there is another winning factor to these here bowls.
You can make them in a food processor. Like, in ONE BOWL. AND you can EVEN make them the night before. They also don’t require any annoying rolling like other cookie dough recipes (I’m looking at you peanut butter protein healthy cookie dough balls.)
Which, depending how you fare with mornings, you MAY want to take me up on that suggestion.
I am not liable for what happens between you and sharpy-pointy-bladed-electrical equipment at 6am, capeesh?
How do you make vegan chickpea cookie dough?
It is actually easier than making regular cookie dough in the sense that there is no chilling time, and you only need a small food processor! Simply combine the chickpeas, peanut flour, sweetener, vanilla, peanut butter, and almond milk in a small food processor until smooth and creamy! Give it a few minutes to get nice and smooth!
Should I take the skin off the chickpeas to make vegan cookie dough?
Nope! Unlike the hummus recipe with jalapeno and lime, you can just dump the rinsed chickpeas right into the food processor, no skinning required!
Since you can make the cookie dough ahead, these bowls, for cereal, makes mornings a SNAP CRACKLE POP.
I’m not even sorry that just happened. I needed to throw some cutesty play on breakfast words into da MIX.
You understand. Maybe.
- 1/2 cup Chickpeas 75 grams
- 2 tablespoons Peanut Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Raw Vanilla Extract Regular works great if you’re not vegan
- 1 tablespoon Light Agave Nectar Or to taste
- 1 tablespoon Peanut Butter Plus additional for serving, if desired
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk Plus additional for serving
- pinch of Salt
- 1 tablespoon Vegan Mini Chocolate Chips Again, regular works, too
- dash Cinnamon For garnish (optional)
- In a small food processor (mine is 3 cups) blend the chickpeas, peanut flour, vanilla extract, agave, 1 Tbsp peanut butter, 1 ½ Tbsp Vanilla Almond milk and pinch of salt until smooth and creamy. You may need to scrape down the sides of the bowl every so often. Additionally, the chickpeas will not break down entirely, which you want for some good cookie-dough like texture.
- Once blended, transfer the mixture to a bowl and pour additional almond milk around the outside. Top with more peanut butter (if desired,) the chocolate chips and option sprinkle of cinnamon.
Tips & Notes:
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.