HUGE thank you to my friends at XOBY Organics for sponsoring these super chewy peanut butter chickpea chocolate chip cookies!
This easy vegan, chickpea chocolate chip cookie recipe is SO soft and chewy! Gluten, grain and dairy free and SO tasty!
PIN Peanut Butter Chickpea Chocolate Chip Cookies
A CHICKPEA chocolate chip COOKIE recipe.
Just when you think you’ve seen every VARIATION of easy healthy gluten free chocolate chip cookies under the sun, I bring you T-H-I-S.
I mean, I am the maker of green cashew curry chicken bowls with watermelon, so it IS possible that aforementioned marbles have been LOST. But…you should know this by now.
For realsies though my internet friends. I would never make a promise of gluten free chocolate chip cookies that would not TICKLE your taste buds and fill your cookie-monster-inner-soul with happiness, feel-good-vibes and just general ALL AROUND GOOD THINGS.
These peanut butter chickpea chocolate chip cookies have ALL OF THAT. Plus, they marry peanut butter and chocolate, which is the most delicious combination of foods on planet earth EVER, and will NEVER EVER let you down.[clickToTweet tweet=”You’ll love these soft + chewy #Vegan Chickpea Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies! @XobyOrganics” quote=”You’ll love these soft + chewy #Vegan Chickpea Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies! @XobyOrganics” theme=”style2″]
You should have seen this chickpea chocolate chip cookie recipe coming. It was only a matter of time before the “cookie dough” component of cookie dough banana ice cream and vegan cookie dough stuffed peanut butter bites got a little UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL with a hot-hot-hot oven for some ACTUALLY-BAKED-NO-LONGER-DOUGH shenanigans.
Blending up ACTUAL chickpeas, instead of making this a chickpea flour cookies recipe (which is actually a real-but-hard-find-thing), get rid of their sometimes-grainy-qualities and turns them into this SOFT and smooth ingredient that BINDS these cookies with swirls of nutty, rich and CREAMY peanut butter, perfect coconut sugar sweetness and BURSTS of OOEY-GOOEY melty chocolate chips in every MOUTHFUL.
Your cookie-munching mouth? Gonna LOVE IT.
Straight up. I CAN’T EVER with HOW SOFT and CHEWAYYY these little chickpea gems are. There’s a little crispy-cookie action on the outside with a cookie-dough-LIKE (but still, you know, BAKED) surprise center that just GETS ME like WHOA.
SRSLY. People are gonna eat these and be like “HOLD UP. Chickpeas are in this? Like actual chickpeas? The ones you make HUMMUS WITH?”
Don’t you love blowing people’s MINDS with health and wellness and real-food-good-for-you INGREDIENTS?
On the topic of the ingredients in these peanut butter chickpea chocolate chip cookies, I got mine from Xoby Organics!
What is “Xoby Organics?” you might ask. They are SAVING the lives of super-busy humans.
- You. IE. ME.
- EVERYONE ON PLANET EARTH.
They are an online, one-stop-shop for ALL kinds of organic products! You simply shop for your products, add them to your box and they send it RIGHT TO YOUR HOUSE (super quickly!) as OFTEN as you would like. Plus, it’s SUPER easy and takes almost ZERO time to pick yo’ products.
These boxes are ALSO shipped free so if you forget to add an ingredient? NO BIGGIE. Just order another box!
You know those times when you have to run around to ELEVENTY billion stores to find all your ingredients, which ends in annoyed-you because, liiike, WHO HAS TIME FOR THAT?
Xoby Organics is making that situation a never-real-thing-in-your-real-person-life and I truly <3 <3 <3 them for it.
Considering we have the same thoughts about finding-things-in-life-that-are-easy-because-so-many-things-required-to- “adult”-are-just-wayyyy-too-hard, I KNOW that you’re gonna L-O-V-E them juuuuust as much as I do.
I’ll dip my ultra-chewy-and-basically-perfect peanut buttery-chocolatey cookie in some ALMOND MILK to that.
Peanut Butter Chickpea Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 Can Reduced-sodium chickpeas, drained and rinsed (15 oz)
- 3/4 Cup + 2 Tbsp Natural creamy peanut butter (the no-stir kind)
- 1/2 Cup Coconut sugar, firmly packed
- 1/3 Cup Agave
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp Baking powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 3 Tbsp Coconut flour, firmly packed
- 1/3 Cup Dairy-free semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the drained and rinsed chickpeas on a paper towel. Using another paper, gently pat them dry. Remove any of the chickpea skins that have come loose (you don't need to remove any of the ones that are still stuck to the chickpeas) and place the chickpeas into a large food processor.
- Add all the ingredients, except the coconut flour and chocolate chips. Blend, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed, until smooth and creamy. Make sure you scrape under the blade as I found a lot of my agave pooled under it.
- Add the coconut flour into the food processor and blend until well combined. Again, check under the blade. The dough should begin to pull away from the blade.
- Pour into a large bowl and refrigerate for 5 minutes to cool down the dough. Then, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Use a cookie scoop to drop by lightly heaping 1 Tbsp balls onto the prepared pan, pressing out each cookie about 1/2 inch thick. These cookies don't spread, so you should be able to get them all on one pan.
- Bake until the edges are golden brown and the cookies are lightly puffed up, about 25-30* minutes. Let cool COMPLETELY on the pan.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY MY FRIENDS AT XOBY ORGANICS. THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO CONTINUE CREATING GREAT CONTENT FOR YOU BY SUPPORTING PARTNERSHIPS WITH SUPER-FAB BRANDS THAT FOOD FAITH FITNESS LOVES TO WORK WITH! AS ALWAYS, OPINIONS REMAIN 100% MY OWN!
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: SMART POINTS: 7 POINTS+:4 . OLD POINTS: 3
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS!
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER, FACEBOOK, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!