Roasted Strawberries make for a delightful & healthy sweet treat! The perfect topper for a breakfast or dessert. Delicious on their own, too!
Table of Contents
“You’re right. These are better than maple syrup” – client.
Yep, I told one of my weight loss clients to try the roasted strawberries that I have been loving on my protein cauliflower oats almost every morning on her cottage cheese pancakes and she is NEVER going back.
Really, the roasted strawberry opportunities are endless.
Why you will LOVE this Recipe
If you’re new around these parts, you need to know something. I LOVE roasting veggies like roasted sweet potatoes and brussels sprouts or air fryer roasted potatoes, but did you know you can also roast fruit?! YES, it’s true, and it’s beyond delicious. First, I roasted up some peaches on buckwheat pancakes and today I am bringing you my new obsession: baked strawberries! They’re SO easy to whip up and will add a little extra pizazz to whatever pancakes, waffles, or crepes you serve them on, or however you choose to devour them! Strawberries are healthy as is, but I ALSO used no processed sugar in this recipe, making it the perfect healthy dessert, snack or breakfast anytime!
Health Benefits of Strawberries
In case you need any more convincing that ANY strawberry baked goods are worth making, here are some health benefits of strawberries that you may not know:
- Rich in Antioxidants: Strawberries contain a high amount of antioxidants, which protects our bodies’ cells from free radicals.
- Immunity Boosting: Rich in vitamin C, eating strawberries will aid in protecting your body against illness.
- Inflammation Reducing: If you need a natural anti-inflammatory, consider adding more strawberries to your diet!
- Rich in many Nutrients: Strawberries are high in vitamins C and B as well as folate and fiber, too!
The list of ingredients you’ll need to grab from the supermarket for this baked strawberries recipe is short and sweet and SO simple. You may even already have the ingredients on hand, so let’s get roasting. Here’s what you will need:
- Hulled Strawberries, quartered
- Honey or Agave
How to make Oven Baked Strawberries
Turn on the oven and let it preheat. Cut up your strawberries into quarters and place them in a baking dish. Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
Place the baking dish in the oven and bake for about 10 minutes. Remove, stir, then place it back in the oven to roast an additional 10-15 minutes.
Serve the strawberries up as desired and enjoy!
Top Tips for Making Roasted Strawberries
- Cut them the same size: When slicing your strawberries, you’ll want to make sure they are similar in size so that they all roast evenly together in the oven.
- Keep an eye on them while baking: Since I used honey instead of sugar, watch the strawberries closely as they roast to ensure they do not burn. Stopping halfway through to stir everything will help with this.
- Use Ripe Strawberries: Using fresh, ripe and juicy strawberries will result in better flavor when they are roasted.
How to store Strawberries
Once roasted, these strawberries can be saved and used throughout the week as desired. I recommend storing them in an airtight container in the fridge for about 4-6 days. You will love having these on hand for breakfasts and desserts, too!
How to use Roasted Strawberries
These strawberries would be FABULOUS served so many different ways, so feel free to get creative with how you enjoy them! I recommend serving them atop a stack of whole wheat vegan pancakes or protein waffles with a generous dollop of whipped cream or coconut cream. For a delicious dessert, serve it over top of your favorite ice cream or sorbet.
more recipes you will love
- 1 Lb Hulled Strawberries, quartered *(read notes)
- 1/4 Cup Honey (or agave)
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a baking dish, mix all the ingredients.
- Bake for 10 minutes, stir and then bake for another 10-15 mins until soft.
Tips & Notes:
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
For This Recipe, I recommend:
STAY IN DA KNOW WITH THINGS GOING ON AT FFF (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!