This Homemade Caramel Vanilla Iced Coffee tastes better than the coffee shop and is SO easy to make! Paleo and vegan friendly and gluten/grain/dairy/refined sugar free too!
PIN Homemade Caramel Vanilla Iced Coffee
snobs, errr CONNOISSEURS, LOOK AWAY.
To you, this caramel iced coffee might be ADULTERATING your beloved cup of joe. But to me?
COFFEE ANGELS ARE SINGING.
When someone asks if I “like coffee.” I have to preface with “I like MY coffee.” AKA. I only like the coffee I drink at home.
AKA, the sequel: it has to be flavored coffee grounds and then I add (an embarrassing amount) of this homemade caramel sauce. This is how I start my morning and it makes me SO happy about rolling out of bed at the ungodly hour of 5am.
But, fancy-people beans that are toasted and roasted JUST to the perfect amount and may even be from the droppings of a cat (have you seen that expensive coffee?) JUST NOT FOR ME.
I mean, I’m still drinking white Moscato sangria over here and pretending I like wine because – HI – I have the taste buds of a 5-year-old.
This vanilla iced coffee though.
Considering it’s eleventy million degrees outside, I wake up and my face is basically already melting off my head, and I CANNOT DO hot coffee even though I want it SO BAD, the frosty-cold sensation of this homemade caramel vanilla iced coffee? MHM MHM MHM . I DIG IT.
And, I feel like you wake up with the same FACE METLING BADNESS as I do which means you are gonna be ALL UP IN ITS BUSINESS, slurpety-slurp-slurping, just like meeeeee.
Unless you are too fancy and just like your iced coffee BLACK. <– I want to be you when I grow up.
How to make iced coffee at home.
This method of making iced coffee at home is actually SO SIMPLE. All you need is brewed, chilled coffee, ice, almond milk and caramel!
- Brew your coffee and place it in the freezer for 30 minutes to an hour until cold. If you do not need it RIGHT NOW, you can just refrigerate it. I like to just make a huge pot in the morning and then pour the extra into a jar, and refrigerate to have on hand all week!
- Fill a tall glass half way with ice cubes. Don’t use crushed ice as it melts too fast, causing watery coffee!
- Fill your glass half-3/4 of the way with coffee and finish off with milk of choice.
- Add your sweetener (if you’re not a fancy person) and drink!
If you want a Frappuccino-style iced coffee, you could totally stick this all in your blender!
AND, if you’re, liiike, SUPER prepared, you can even freeze excess coffee into ice cubes, so your iced coffee doesn’t get diluted AT ALL as the ice melts! NIFTY. OR, if you have extra, make it into some latte overnight oats with Greek yogurt!
We even drizzled it on healthy gluten free samoa scones with Greek yogurt. Obsessed with it and not mad about it.
I just swapped almond milk instead of coconut milk, as the lower-fat content keeps this caramel thinner and pourable! Have no fear, if you over-cook it, and it become too sticky and thick, just throw ‘er in the microwave for a FEW seconds to make it perfectly-pourable!
This EASY homemade caramel vanilla iced coffee is going to be getting you through the Summer, my internet friends. It’s:
- Sweet but not TOO Sweet
- Swirled with a PUNCH of creamy vanilla
- Refined sugar and dairy free!
THERE COULD BE NOTHING BETTER.
Homemade Caramel Vanilla Iced Coffee
For the caramel:
For the coffee:
- 3 Cups Chilled, brewed coffee
- 1 Cup Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- In a SMALL pot, stir together all of the caramel ingredients on medium heat. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, cook until the caramel reduced by almost 1/2 and deepens in color, stirring constantly so that it doesn't burn, this takes about 5-6 minutes.
- Immediately transfer to a measuring glass (you should have just over 1/3 cup of caramel) and let sit for at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally, until nice and thick.
- Fill 3 highball glasses 1/2 way with ice cubes. Pour 1 cup of cold coffee into each glass, followed by 1/3 cup of almond milk. Add 2 Tbsp of the caramel * syrup into each glass and stir well, until the caramel is dissolved and well mixed.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
Weight Watchers Points Per Serving: Freestyle SmartPoints: 10. Points+:5. Old Points: 4
(per 1 coffee – based on the recipe making 3)
STAY IN DA KNOW WITH THINGS GOING ON AT FFF (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!