These Low Carb Sugar Free Keto Blueberry Muffins with Almond Flour are SO tender and moist you’ll never believe they are healthy and gluten free! Perfect for breakfast or snacks!
PIN Low Carb Sugar Free Keto Blueberry Muffins with Almond Flour
Yep. Another blueberry muffin recipe.
Actually, that IS RIGHT. Because those paleo blueberry muffins are not T-H-E-S-E muffins.
These little gems, bursting with fresh, sweet and JUICY blueberries with this perfectly lightly-crisp outside and tender, moist, yet CHEWY inside are pretty much one of the best keto muffins that I’ve made. Even rivaling the chocolate chip keto low carb muffins.
I mean, truth be told, I love ALL muffins and would consider myself a muffin inclusivist. If you put oatmeal applesauce almond butter muffins, easy healthy gluten free carrot cake muffin or paleo chocolate muffins in front of me, I wouldn’t say no.
But, put these? GOING. TO. TOWN.
You and I both are normal, real-life humans that understand one thing in life:
The very reason that there are 1094039 blueberry muffin recipes on the internet is because this classic little breakfast item is just SO GOOD. There’s something about the way the pops of blueberries swirl over your tongue with flecks of sweet, dough that just makes you feel HAPPY, you know?
Usually I would probably explain that because, uhhhh, CARBS YO. But these SUPER moist, chewy and BURSTY blueberry muffins?
Ever since the low carb keto pumpkin muffins, You guys have been wanting more easy healthy low carb recipes, so I tested this almond flour blueberry muffins recipe about 10 times before getting it perfect. I kept getting some lackluster Low carb sugar free keto blueberry muffins that were just okay. Mr. FFF said he would eat them because they were “good for what they are.” <–He also said that about the sugar free angel food cake which made me test THAT one over 10 times too.
Umm. NOPE. Not what I want to hear.
Work was done. Things were tweaked. There were dry-as-the-desert results. There were SO-MOIST-that-you-could-put-on-a-swimsuit-and-go-for-a-dip-results. <– do not recommend unless you want to turn blue.
Maybe the blue man group would hire you though?
While I realize this adds a few carbs to these Low carb sugar free keto blueberry muffins , it is the SECRET SAUCE (literally) that makes these once not-so-shiny-not-so-delicious sugar free blueberry muffins a MAJOR 10 in both the yummy factor AND texture factor.
Since applesauce is a natural binder, it allows us to not have to use quite so many eggs to hold these sweet little breakfast gems together, so they don’t have that “eggy-ness” that some gluten free baking does.
See also: MOIST. As much as no one enjoys this word, applesauce helps keep baked goods moist, which helps offset how using natural sugar replacements can sometimes dry them out.
It’s A-L-S-O adds this yummy hint of apple, and pop of natural sweetness, as your muffin-munching-mouth chews through each juicy blueberry and swirls each almond-studded bite across your taste buds.
Pretty much a WIN-WIN in the grain free blueberry muffins baking universe.
How do you make blueberry muffins?
These paleo blueberry muffins are SUPER easy to make!
- Spray the muffin pan with COOKING SPRAY. This is KEY. I tried it with coconut oil and the muffins just absorbed it all and they STUCK to the pan!
- Mix all the dry ingredients in one bowl, and beat all the wet ingredients in another bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir until combined. Fold in the blueberries.
- Let the batter stand f0r 5 minutes. This allows the coconut flour to start absorbing the moisture!
- Divide them into muffin cavities. I like to try to use my fingers to evenly disperse the berries!
- Bake at 350 degrees for 24-25 minutes.
- Cool in the pan for 15 minutes, and then on a cooling rack to cool COMPLETELY!
What can I use instead of almond flour to make these gluten free blueberry muffins?
You can use any nut flour. However, as nut flour is different than any other four out there, I can’t tell you have any other kind of flour would work, as recipes are tested only as written. Stick to nut flours – hazelnut, cashew etc- and you’ll have success!
Even if you’re not doing a low carb diet, I can guarantee that these bites of blueberry bliss are going to make you happy and be excited to do this crazy thing that we call life.
I know you probably THINK that you already have your “go to” blueberry muffin recipe, but lemme just tell you that, and I mean this in the most loving way, YOU DO NOT.
That is, until you try these.
Similar recipes you might like
Get this recipe with Facebook Messenger
- 3 Cups Almond flour (300g) *
- 4 Tbsp Coconut flour, packed (32g)
- 1 Tbsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 3/4 Cup Monkfruit (or granulated sweetener of choice)
- 7 Tbsp Coconut oil, melted
- 3 Large Eggs, at room temperature (this is key)
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2/3 Cup Fresh blueberries, (105g) **
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray a muffin pan with oil spray. ***READ NOTES
- In a medium bowl, mix together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric hand mixer, beat together the monkfruit, coconut oil, eggs, applesauce and vanilla until well blended.
- Stir in the almond flour mixture, along with the blueberries until well combined. Let the batter stand for 5 minutes so the coconut flour can begin to absorb the moisture.
- Divide by 12 muffin cavities (I like using a big ice cream scoop so that the muffins cook up with really domed tops!) and bake until very golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 24-25 minutes.
- Let cool for 15 minutes. Then, gently run a knife around the edges of each muffin to loosen them. Then, let cool COMPLETELY in the pan before trying to take them out.
Tips & Notes:
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
More gluten free recipes
We have over 30 gluten-free recipes on Food Faith Fitness! Explore them all in our Gluten-Free Library!
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: FREESTYLE SMART POINTS: 9 POINTS+: 7. OLD POINTS: 6
(per 1 muffin)
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!