These Zucchini Blueberry Muffins are a perfect mash-up recipe! Deliciously tender, moist, and bursting with fruitiness & flakes of zucchini!
I know, I know. You’ve had 1090234 blueberry muffin recipes.
BUTTTTT have you put zucchini in them?
It’s like the BEST of both worlds because blueberry muffins? Great.
Zucchini muffins? Great.
So together? MAGIC 🪄
Why you will LOVE This Recipe
I’m ALL about delicious muffins because they are the PERFECT easy, ready made, on-the-go breakfast or snack for anytime of day. PLUS, you can load them with goodness so even the pickiest of eaters won’t know all the nutrient rich goodness you packed into them. One of my favorite veggies to cook and bake with is zucchini! I’ve hidden it in chocolate paleo zucchini bread and also in gluten free zucchini muffins with applesauce and today, I’m going to show you how to bake it into these paleo zucchini blueberry muffins! They are perfectly moist thanks to the zucchini, have JUST the right amount of sweetness and are made with better-for-you ingredients! You are going to love them!
It’s time to bake up a batch of healthy zucchini and blueberry muffins! You’ll need to raid your pantry and fridge to gather up the ingredients you will need, so let’s get started! Here’s what’s on the list for this recipe:
- White Whole Wheat OR All Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Sea Salt
- Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Avocado Oil
- Coconut Sugar
- Egg Yolk
- Vanilla Extract
- Fresh Blueberries
- Grated Zucchini
- Raw Organic Cane Sugar
How to make Zucchini Blueberry Muffins
Turn on the oven and let it preheat. Spray a muffin pan with cooking spray and set aside.
In a medium bow, add the flour with the baking powder and salt and stir it together with a whisk. In a large bowl, add the remaining ingredients other than the blueberries, zucchini and cane sugar. Stir until everything is well incorporated. Add the flour mixture to the wet and stir until it is JUST moistened, but don’t overmix!
In a small bowl, stir together the remaining flour and the blueberries and gently fold them into the batter, along with the zucchini. Be sure to not mix it too much.
Spoon the muffin batter into your prepared muffin pan and sprinkle the tops with cane sugar. Pop the pan into the oven and bake for 5 minutes. Reduce the heat and continue baking until the outside is golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Let the muffins cool for a while in the pan, then flip them over onto a wire rack to cool completely. DEVOUR!
Top Tips for making muffins
- Don’t Overmix! Once the dry ingredients have been mixed into the wet, don’t keep mixing! If it’s still a bit lumpy, that is perfect and will result in fluffier muffins!
- Use Fresh Blueberries! Frozen blueberries can work in muffin recipes, however fresh just adds a more desirable texture and taste, in my opinion.
There are so many ways that you can make this recipe your own! Feel free to omit the blueberries and add raspberries or blackberries instead. You could also take out all the fruit and add chocolate chips and chopped nuts with a dash of cinnamon, or swirl some nut butter on top before you bake them!
How to store Zucchini Blueberry Muffins
Since these muffins are SUPER moist thanks to that awesome zucchini in them, they should not be stored on the counter at room temperature! In the fridge, though, these muffins can last up to 5 days when kept in an airtight container.
If you want to freeze these muffins, I recommend placing them in a freezer safe container or freezer style ziploc bag. They will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months!
Zucchini Muffins FAQ
In this recipe, you do not need to wring out the zucchini as it makes the muffins nice and tender and moist!
By tossing them in a bit of flour, you will prevent the blueberries from bursting while they bake!
The flour that the blueberries are tossed in before being folded into the batter will not only prevent them from bursting, but it will also prevent them from sinking!
I prefer to keep blueberries whole when baking them into muffins so that they don’t bleed into the batter!
More delicious muffin recipes
- strawberry rhubarb oatmeal muffins
- whole wheat banana muffins with chocolate chips
- dairy free vegan carrot muffins
- 1 3/4 Cup + 1/2 tsp White whole wheat OR all purpose flour (210g) divided * (See notes for gluten free)
- 1 Tbsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened almond milk (or regular milk)
- 1/2 Cup Avocado oil (or any neutral flavored oil)
- 1/4 Cup Coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 Egg, at room temperature
- 1 Egg yolk, at room temperature
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 Cup Fresh blueberries
- 1 Cup Grated zucchini, lightly packed
- 1 Tbsp Raw organic cane sugar
- Heat your oven to 450 degrees and generously spray a muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour (excluding the 1/2 tsp) with the baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, stir all the remaining ingredients together, excluding the blueberries, zucchini and cane sugar.
- Add in the flour mixture and gently whisk until JUST moistened – should only be 8-12 stirs. You want to see a few floury streaks and some many small lumps. This is the KEY to good, soft muffins.
- In a small bowl, mix together the remaining 1/2 tsp of flour with the blueberries. Fold them into the batter gently, along with the zucchini, making sure to not mix it more.
- Use a large ice cream scoop (I like one that is spring loaded) and scoop the batter into the muffin cavities – they will be almost full which is okay. Sprinkle the tops with the remaining cane sugar.
- Bake for 5 minutes. Then, turn down the heat to 375 degrees and bake another 12-14 minutes until the outside is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Once cooked, cool in the pan for 30 minutes. Then, transfer to a cooling rack to cool COMPLETELY before serving (I like to flip mine upside down so the bottoms don't get soggy.)
Tips & Notes:
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
For This Recipe, I recommend:
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!