Just wanted to let you know that these FLUFFY healthy gluten free zucchini muffins with applesauce are sponsored by my friends over at Enjoy Life Foods!
These dairy free Zucchini Muffins are fluffy and sugar free! Sweetened with dates, studded with chocolate chips and so tasty!
PIN Healthy Gluten Free Zucchini Muffins with Chocolate Chips
Tell me: are you prepared for the zucchini apocalypse?
You know. The one that happens every summer to all the fancy-green-thumb people who actually have the skills to make things grow and plant zucchini in their gardens?
To be honest, I don’t much about this zucchini apocalypse phenomenon on account of the fact that I somehow managed to kill a cactus once. I also have about 5 dead succulents sitting in my house entry way right now.
Needless to say, my green thumb? Pretty NON EXISTENT.
But, from what I hear, zucchini GROW. Like GROW, GROW. They will grow so much that you will be eating eggless vegan zucchini bread for breakfast, paleo baked zucchini fritters for lunch, cheesy zucchini casserole for dinner AND these healthy zucchini muffins with applesauce for snacks.
Zucchini ALL THE THINGS.
Now, I may not be the worlds best gardener, but I DO know my way around making some muffins GROW. <– Which really just means I know how to make muffins but “grow” seemed like the right thing to say when talking about gardening.Ready for zucchini season? Make these #Glutenfree & #Dairyfree Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffins! @EnjoyLifeFoods #EatFreely
These zucchini bread muffins, I do have to say, are pretty much perfect my internet friends. They are moist and soft and super tender, with that high, round, bakery-style top that is a little bit crispy and crunchy. They have these swirls of spicy cinnamon that complement the (natural!) sweetness of the dates and zucchini and then explosions of melty Enjoy Life Foods Chocolate Chips!
Enjoy Life Foods need so introduction. Whether you’re making paleo chocolate avocado cake, a chocolate vegan crepe cake or these healthy gluten free muffins with applesauce they have a product for you that is certified gluten-free, free-from 14 common allergens, verified Non-GMO, AND certified kosher. Their products are all made from quality ingredients, whole grains and have no artificial ingredients! Their chocolate is REAL chocolate and you will know that as soon as each melty chocolate chip EXPLODES in your mouth!
May is Celiac Awareness month and while Mr. FFF isn’t celiac, he has sensitives to gluten and dairy, so I try to make mostly gluten/dairy free recipes for him. It’s definitely been a long journey of exploring what works for him and what doesn’t jive with his body, but it’s been a great learning experience and has pushed my recipe creation a lot!
He LOVES healthy zucchini muffins and has been begging me to make some, so these little gems are like a representation of helping him feel his best on this journey, while being able to eat the food he loves, and Enjoy Life Foods has been part of that process every step of the way! <3
Wow did not think I could get emotional about zucchini muffins yet here we are.
How to make these zucchini muffins vegan
I’ve made these healthy gluten free chocolate chip muffins by mixing 1 Tbsp of avocado oil, 2 Tbsp of water and 2 tsp of baking powder and subbing it in the for the egg, and then removing the baking powder from the dry mixture. HOWEVER, the texture is not quite as good and you will only get 6 muffins, not 7, this way!
Final things that you need to know about zucchini muffin goodness:
- FLUFFY factor off the charts
- Tender, moist and basically perfect
- Vegetables disguised as a muffin
- Chocolatey chips in every bite
Really, is there anything else we could ask for?
Other Recipes You Might Like:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and spray a muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Place the dates into a microwave safe bowl and microwave until just warm, about 30 seconds. Place them into a large food processor (mine is 10 cups) along with the zucchini, applesauce, almond milk, vanilla and egg. Blend until combined, stopping to scrape the sides down as needed. There will be tiny pieces of dates visible in the mixture, this is fine!
- Combine the remaining ingredients, excluding the chocolate chips, in a medium bowl. Add in the zucchini mixture and stir until well mixed. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Fill 7 muffin cavities just over 1/2 of the way full (I like to use an ice cream scoop for nice, domed tops!) and bake until browned and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 20-22 minutes.
- Let cool in the pan for 30 minutes. Then, run a sharp knife around the outside and remove the muffins to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Tips & Notes:
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY MY FRIENDS AT ENJOY LIFE FOODS. THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO CONTINUE CREATING GREAT CONTENT FOR YOU BY SUPPORTING PARTNERSHIPS WITH SUPER-FAB BRANDS THAT FOOD FAITH FITNESS LOVES TO WORK WITH! AS ALWAYS, OPINIONS REMAIN 100% MY OWN!
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: 6 POINTS+: 4. OLD POINTS: 3
(per muffin , based on the recipe making 7 muffins)