Just wanted to let you know that these tasty little breakfast gems are sponsored by my friends over at NOW Foods!
These healthy banana muffins are loaded with crunchy cocoa nibs and are gluten free and vegan friendly! They’re only 180 calories, low fat and perfect for quick breakfasts!
Bold statement alert: these are THE muffins to end all muffins.
Real-life speaking, I didn’t either.
Let’s look at the facts
- Made from super wholesome, whole-grain oatmeal
- Contain ZERO added sugar – not even unrefined sugar. Sweetened with sticky-sweet dates and banana.
- Super-easy made in a food processor
- Crunchy bursts of cacao in every bite
- Like the size of your head. (minor exaggeration. But you get it)
Now that you’re armed with the knowledge of the healthy goodness that is packed inside these perfectly moist, perfectly sweet muffins that have this totally addicting, underlying flavor profile of turmeric that warms your throat with EVERY SINGLE chew, you are nodding your head in agreement of such a bold statement.
You are also imaging said muffin slathered with some paleo pumpkin butter from Perry’s Plate. <–SO GOOD.
Considering that I’ve just thrown so many bullet points at you, let’s expand on them. DEETS:[clickToTweet tweet=”Start your morning right with #sugarfree & #healthy Turmeric Banana Muffins! @NOWFOODS #NOWWellness” quote=”Start your morning right with #sugarfree & #healthy Turmeric Banana Muffins! @NOWFOODS #NOWWellness” theme=”style2″]
Oat flour. Did you know you can make your own oat flour in, liiiike, under 1 minute? All you need is oatmeal (uhh, duh?) and a high-powered blender. Pretty much just throw it in (don’t actually throw it unless you are one of those strange humans that enjoy your kitchen being covered in oatmeal. I am not one of those people) and press “GO!”
Or “on.” But “go” is so much more fun. Blenders really should say that instead.
ZERO ADDED SUGAR. Your taste buds BASICALLY fell out of your head when we discovered that you could use dates as a sweetener in the strawberry oatmeal muffins with rhubarb. OBVS you need to blend them for this to be a “thing,” so you’re gonna need a food processor.
I felt the need to clarify, since I had visions of you wielding a potato masher and a bowl of dates. I could only see that ending with a very sad, sticky you.
Crunch-crunch-CRUNCHAY cacao nibs for 2 reasons. 1. I like chocolate. 2. I like texture.
Cacao nibs are the ultimate blend of intense, DEEP DARK chocolatey yumminess and CRISPY CRUNCHY, well, CRUNCH, in every bite.
Straight up internet friends, these muffins are not messing around in the “size department.” Can we all just agree that any form of carby-delicious baked good that is teeny-tiny, and requires less than 12 bites (give or take) to eat has Z-E-R-O place in our lives?
Knew you’d think so.
I’ve been making Mr. FFF Golden Milk every single morning to take to school (gold (en MILK) star wife status? UH HUH) and I’ve been using NOW Foods CurcuFRESH™ Curcumin Powder.
This awesome little powder is a free radical scavenger that is made from Turmeric Root Extract, as Curcumin is the major component of Turmeric. <– Betcha didn’t know that! (If you want more turmeric facts, make sure to read this How to Use Turmeric post!)
Curcumin may help maintain healthy joints, a healthy heart and even a healthy brain! <– Mr. FFF is in graduate school and he needs ALL the healthy brain goodness he can get!
It might sound like a KINDA strange combo, but the natural sweetness of fruity banana with dates, rich chocolate-y cacao nibs and cozy, warm and spicy Curcumin Powder is *insert fist-bump emoji HERE*
Turmeric banana muffins.
AKA: the breakfast that is gonna make you feel REAL POSITIVE about the healthy (and delicious!) choices you made before even putting on your PANTS.
Healthy Banana Muffins with Turmeric
- 3/4 Cup Dates, Halved and rightly packed (140g)
- 3/4 Cup Ripe banana, mashed (200g)
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 Tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 Cup Oat flour (gluten free if needed - 103g)
- 1 1/2 tsp NOW Foods CurcuFRESH™ Curcumin Powder
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Cocoa nibs
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and spray a muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a large blender, add the dates, banana, milk, apple cider vinegar and vanilla and blend until smooth and combined, stopping to scrape down the sides as necessary.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the oat flour, Curcumin Powder, baking powder, ginger, baking soda and salt. Add into the food processor and blend until smooth and combined, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Scrape the batter into a bowl and stir in the cocoa nibs.
- Fill 6 muffin cavities with the batter - they will be pretty full! Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY MY FRIENDS AT NOW FOODS. THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO CONTINUE CREATING GREAT CONTENT FOR YOU BY SUPPORTING PARTNERSHIPS WITH SUPER-FAB BRANDS THAT FOOD FAITH FITNESS LOVES TO WORK WITH! AS ALWAYS, OPINIONS REMAIN 100% MY OWN!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Stay in touch with NOW Foods on social media for other tasty recipes and health tips:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: SMARTPOINTS: 6 POINTS+: 5. OLD POINTS: 3
(per 1 muffin)
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS!