Just wanted to let you know that this ultra-creamy spring-time dessert is sponsored by my friends at REBBL!
This easy, paleo Lemon Turmeric Vegan Cheesecake is made from cashews and has a blueberry swirl! It’s so creamy you’ll never know it’s dairy, grain and gluten free!
Those swirls though.
I wanna eat that. You want to eat that.
If you looked up “delicious” in the dictionary, PRETTY SURE that a slice of spicy-sweet, tart and tangy dessert NIRVANA would be the definition.
You guys remember the gluten free carrot cake vegan cheesecake and easy paleo pecan pie pumpkin vegan cheesecake, where we discovered the cashews + flax = the ULTIMATE of velvety-smooth, mega indulgent cheesecake vibes….WITHOUT the usual dairy and eggs.
SRSLY. Is there anything our toasty-roasty, crunchy little nut friends can’t do?
Cashews? Marry me.
Don’t tell Mr. FFF I just internet proposed to a nut. Okay?
Clearly, there is a cashew-based cheesecake obsession going on in our little space of the Interwebz, and something in my brain tells me you’re A-OKAY widdat.[clickToTweet tweet=”Celebrate spring with some #Vegan Lemon Blueberry Turmeric Cheesecake! @REBBLelixirs #REBBLTribe” quote=”Celebrate spring with some #Vegan Lemon Blueberry Turmeric Cheesecake! @REBBLelixirs #REBBLTribe” theme=”style2″]
Last month, I introduced you to REBBL when we ate that vegetable slow cooker quinoa with golden milk recipe. This was A-L-S-O the first time that we shoveled the ultra-hip-ultra trendy turmeric into our faces together. Which led to an addiction and we even got crazy and added it to turmeric oat flour BREAD!
REBBL just launched this CRAZY addicting Turmeric Lemon Tart flavor and, you guys, it is SO SO SO good. Think sweet honey, mish-mashing with creamy, rich coconut milk, tangy bursts of fresh lemon and then an underlying flavor profile of spicy turmeric that warms the back of your throat as you slurp each and every drop of goodness.
Right? That’s the GOOD STUFF.
Didja know that it’s Earth Day on April 22? A-L-L of REBBLS products are certified organic, which means that their growers work WITH Mother Nature, not against her. They ain’t using any toxic pesticides, herbicides or fertilizers when they grow the ingredients that you’re about to slurp-slurp-slurrrrp!
PLUSPLUSPLUS, their growing partners use sustainable farming practices so that land remains healthy.
Ummmmm, I think a slice of celebratory cheesecake is in order, don’t you? #ALWAYS.
P.s you don’t use the WHOLE bottle of REBBL to make the cheesecake. I did plan this intentionally so that you could drink down the extra WITH your cheesecake.
TUREMRIC TRIPLE THREAT. <– the third threat is how SUPER happy you’ll be when the above eating + drinking combo happens in your very real person life.
Other fun facts about this recipe that I feel would be beneficial for your brain to know:
If you’re trying to get your husband out of bed, because you want to start your day and you’re waiting for him to go to the gym, you should make this cheesecake VRY VRY early in the morning. We’re talking, liiiiike, 5 am.
I did this. His nose was tickled with the smell of sweet, fresh blueberries and zesty lemon WAFTING through the house.
ARISE SLEEPY HEAD HUSBAND. <– It worked.
True story. It really happened.
The only downside to above-mentioned scheme is that you then must share. You and I both know how we feel about that.
Spoiler alert: we don’t like it.
When you dig your teeth through the swirly-twirly layer of blueberries, down through the golden-colored, LUSCIOUS layer of lemony-sweet-n-spicy creamy cashew heaven, and end with a CRUNCH of crispy, coconut-y crust, you’ll know EXACTLY what I mean.
Maybe just let the loved ones sleep in today.
For step-by-step instruction of this recipe, watch my video tutorial below:
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE! New recipes posted each week!
For the cheesecake:
- 3 Tbsp Flax seed meal
- 12 1/2 Tbsp REBBL Turmeric Lemon Tart, divided * (about 1/2 of a single 10oz bottle)
- 2 1/2 Cups Roasted cashews, soaked in water overnight**
- 1 Cup Unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 Cup + 2 Tbsp Coconut sugar
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp Ground turmeric
- Pinch of sea salt
For the blueberry sauce:
- 1 Cup Fresh blueberries
- 2 Tbsp REBBL Turmeric Lemon Tart
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the flax seed meal into a medium bowl. Pour 7 1/2 Tbsp of the REBBL elixir into a liquid measure and microwave just until warm, about 30 seconds. Pour the warm REBBL elixir into the flax seed meal and whisk until combined. Place into the refrigerator to thicken.
- Drain the water from the cashews and add them, along with all the remaining cheesecake ingredients into a high-powered blender and blend on the highest speed until smooth and creamy, stopping to scrape down the sides as necessary. Pour into a large bowl and set aside until ready to use.
- Place the blueberries and the 2 Tbsp of the REBBL elixir in a medium sauce pan and bring to a boil on high heat. Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium and cook, stirring frequently, for 7 minutes. Add the honey and mash the blueberries with a fork. Cook an additional 3-5 minutes until the sauce thickens and the blueberries and broken down. Transfer to a small bowl.
- While the blueberry sauce cooks, beat the coconut oil and honey in a large bowl, using an electric hand mixer, until smooth and creamy. Add in the coconut flour and salt and stir until a wet dough forms.
- Transfer the dough to a 9 inch Springform pan and press out evenly. It takes a little bit of time to press out, as the dough is a bit wet. Bake until the sides JUST turn golden brown, about 7 minutes
- When there are about 2 minutes left for your crust to cook, remove the flax seed meal eggs from the refrigerator and whisk into the cheesecake mixture until well combined.
- Take the crust out of the oven. If a few spots have risen up slightly, VERY quickly use a small spoon to press down, making sure there are no cracks. You need to pour the cheesecake on ASAP to make sure that it adheres to the crust while baking, so do this as fast as possible.
- Immediately pour the cheesecake over the crust and smooth out evenly. Drop the blueberry sauce over top and use a sharp knife to swirl.
- Bake until the cheesecake has risen and the outside appears set and firm, but just a small circle in the center still appears slightly jiggly, about 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool completely on the counter. Then, cover and refrigerate overnight to completely set.
- Once chilled overnight, cut and DEVOUR.
Tips & Notes:
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY MY FRIENDS AT REBBL. THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO CONTINUE CREATING GREAT CONTENT FOR YOU BY SUPPORTING PARTNERSHIPS WITH SUPER-FAB BRANDS THAT FOOD FAITH FITNESS LOVES TO WORK WITH! AS ALWAYS, OPINIONS REMAIN 100% MY OWN!
Click HERE to find out where to buy REBBL – they’re also rolling out into all Whole Foods Market Stores nationwide!
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: SMART POINTS: 17 POINTS+: 11. OLD POINTS: 9
(For 1/12 of the cheesecake)
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS!