This coconut blueberry mojito recipe with strawberries is a healthier, gluten free, easy Summer drink with only 130 calories! Perfect for July 4th!
PIN coconut blueberry mojito recipe with strawberries
Summer DRANKS on ME.
Mr. FFF and I developed this Coconut blueberry mojito recipe with strawberries one night when we were sitting by our fire pit, needing a little something to sip on and I’ve been SO excited to share them with you ever since.
Just an educated guess here: I THINK that means YOU?
Right along side Tropical white moscato sangria, Mojitos are my Summer go to. Whether you get a little crazy and make a blended raspberry mojito, or one more “true to form” like this blueberry mojito recipe, I just DIG ‘EM.
They’re just the right blend of cool, fresh, sweet and TANGY with that zesty lime that makes laying out in the 10000-degree weather SOMEHOW seem bearable.
And when you invite a few blueberry’s and strawberries over to the party, turning the classic mojito recipe into a BERRY mojito recipe, WITH COCONUT?
We’re just slurping RIGHT INTO SUMMER internet friends.
Let’s start with the basics though. Maybe a few of you have yet to make a mojito. If this is you I demand you get up off your couch and do this RIGHT NOW. Do not venture into the land of non-traditional mojitos JUUUUUST yet.
What is in a mojito?
A classic mojito ingredients are muddled mint and limes, which is then mixed with white rum, simple syrup (a sugar and water syrup to add sweetness) and club soda.
How to make a mojito:
- The base of a great mojito is lime juice and mint. Start by slicing some limes and placing them into a bottom of a highball glass with a pinch of sugar and a few sprigs of fresh mint.
- Pro tip: warm the limes up a bit first, as this helps them release their juices!
- Use a muddler and muddle the mint and lime together REAL GOOD. <– Isn’t it funny how you’re allowed to play with your food when making something SO ADULT?
- Add some ice, a shot (or 2, depending on how rough work was, you know?) of white rum, club soda AND DRINK UP.
What does a mojito taste like?
Mojitos have a very FRESH, mint-forward taste, that ends with a little bit of tang as your taste buds get hit with a PUNCH of fresh lime juice. It’s not sour though, as the little bit of sugar calms allll that punchiness right down!
Okay. You’re back.
You’ve got your traditional mojito in hand and you’re ready to enter the BIG leagues with this COCONUT BLUBERRY mojito recipe with STRAWBERRIES.
I’m using coconut water instead of club soda because:
- Coconut and berries works SO well together.
- It’s, liiike, SO summery
- See also: SO hydrating <– no hangover if you accidentally drink one too many on aforementioned holiday.
I GOT YOU.
There’s a little monkfruit action as well but you could 100% use cane sugar if you don’t have this on hand. Use your sweetener of choice to taste!
Tangy? YEP. Sweet? PERFECTLY SO. BERRYLICIOUS SUMMER LOVIN?
Gangs ALL HERE.
Coconut Blueberry Mojito Recipe with Strawberries
- 1 Large lime, cut into 8 slices
- 16-20 Mint leaves, depending how minty you like it
- 3-4 tsp Monkfruit, to taste
- 2 Tbsp Fresh blueberries
- 2 Large strawberries, diced
- 3 ounces White rum
- 1 Cup Coconut water
- Divide the lime slices and mint leaves between 2 highball glasses and use a muddler to muddle them together until the limes have released their juices and the mint is broken down.
- Divide the monkfruit (I like 2 tsp per mojito, but you can start with less if you like) between the 2 glasses, as well as the blueberries and strawberries. Muddle again until the fruit is mostly broken down, but still has a few chunks.
- Divide the rum and the coconut water between the 2 glasses and fill up with ice.
- Stir well and SIP!
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: FREESTYLE POINTS: 5 POINTS+: 1. OLD POINTS: 3
(per 1 drink)
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!