This quick and easy, Chewy Gluten Free Sugar Free Sugar Cookies Recipe has cranberries and pistachios! They’re a healthier treat for 95 calories!
PIN Chewy Gluten Free Sugar Free Sugar Cookies Recipe
(originally posted Dec 16/13. Updated August/2018)
Today’s cookies come straight to your from my G-ma’s kitchen.
How-ev-er, I was trying to be sneaky and sprinkle a little “Grama” in there ‘cause everyone knows that if it’s got a Grama behind it, it’s going to be baked with layers of love, which is equivalent to YUM CITY.
Yes, I am only 27 and a little bit far off from Grama-hood, but I still baked these with layers of love, just for you guys. Aw.
Now, it’s confession time: when I made the peppermint gluten free chewy sugar cookies recipe, and these soft and chewy sugar cookies, it was the first time I have ever made my own gluten free sugar cookie recipe. Actually, really the first time I have ventured into ANY sugar free cookie recipes!
To say I was terrified was an understatement.
Everyone grows up with sugar cookies coming out of their eyeballs around Christmas time, along with whipped gluten free shortbread cookies and healthy ginger snaps, which makes for some pretty big boots to fill.
Confession # 2: It took a while to truly perfect these, but I thiiiiiiiink you guys are going to like the outcome.
And think = KNOW because I taste tested eleventy billion of this sugar free chewy sugar cookies recipe for you.
It’s a tough job, but someone has to do it.
Like I mentioned before, My G-ma used to always make the most amazing sugar cookies at Christmas. She never used icing and always covered them with Jello powder, along with the cranberries and pistachios. They were always my favorite Christmas cookie. So, as I was baking the layers of love into these for you guys, I was also rolling around in nostalgia.
Then, I realized that it was actually flour that I was rolling in and I just looked like a gluten-free-all-purpose-flour snowman. ‘Tis the Season, as they say.
Anyway. Now you’ve got cookies full of nostalgia, love AND the image of a healthy human snowman rolling around a kitchen, what more could you want?
UHHH, probably these gluten free sugar cookies?!
In the sake of health and good things, we’re skippin’ the Jello powder today. But these soft chewy sugar cookies, my internet friends, still JUST as good and baked with LOVE. You could even turn them into gluten free sugar cookie bars if that was more your jam!
The pistachios add a very subtle crunch and hint of nuttiness that elevates these sugarless cookies little above your boring old cookie. Also, it makes them feel fancy.
Pistachios are such a fancy-person nut amIright?
Cranberries are just chewy and DELICIOUS and adds this tangy flavor profile to this otherwise super sweet, Chewy Gluten Free Sugar Free Sugar Cookies Recipe shenanigans that is happening in our real-person-cookie-eating-lives.
ALSO, together they are green and red.
Which is basically as Christmas-y AS IT GETS RIGHT.
Throw on a Christmas movie, tie on that Santa Claus apron that I KNOW you have and get to Christmas-colored-cooking-baking WORK.
Other Recipes You Might Like:
Chewy Gluten Free Sugar Free Sugar Cookies Recipe
- 1 Cups Gluten free all purpose flour (180g) *
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 Cup Granulated monkfruit
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted butter or ghee, softened to room temperature
- 1 Egg, at room temperature
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/4 Cup No sugar added dried cranberries, roughly chopped
- 3 Tbsp Roasted salted pistachios, roughly chopped
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- in a medium bowl, mix together the flour, salt, cornstarch and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the monkfruit and butter with an electric hand mixer until it is light and fluffy and pale in color.
- Add in the egg and vanilla and beat until well combined.
- Gradually stir in the flour mixture into the butter mixture, stirring just until combined, and the dough forms a ball. Stir in the cranberries and pistachios.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop the dough into balls on the prepared cookie sheet, pressing down until they are about 1/2 inch thick.
- Bake until the edges JUST begin to turn golden brown, about 13-14 minutes. They will still feel very soft and unbaked, that is good.
- Let them cool on the cookie tray for 5 minutes, and then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: SMART POINTS: 4 POINTS+: 3. OLD POINTS: 2
(per 1 cookie)
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!