This sugar free banana bread is sweetened only with bananas and has no sugar added! It’s moist, whole grain and perfect for a healthy breakfast or snack!
PIN Sugar free banana bread
Honestly? It’s pretty unusual for me to crave banana bread.
We’ve had banana bread in all forms here on Food Faith Fitness. Paleo coconut flour banana bread, caramel stuffed paleo banana bread muffins, paleo banana bread with chocolate and almond butter and even whole wheat banana bread with Greek yogurt. Once we even nixed the greek yogurt and used protein powder to make high protein banana bread.
There was even that time that I was too lazy to make a full bread and we ate a banana bread in a mug cake.
Truth be told, those recipes were MOSTLY for Mr. FFF because he LOVES banana bread with a passion. Me on the other hand? I enjoyed all those recipes, but I didn’t OBSESS over them.
Until this SUGAR FREE banana bread recipe!
Can you make banana bread without sugar?
YES. You can. I never would have thought that sugarless banana bread would actually be tasty. BUT, it turns out that I actually prefer it since the banana flavor is a little less intense and the sweetness isn’t overpowering. It’s just a nice, slightly sweet breakfast bread that tastes amazing warmed up with almond butter on top! *Swoon* You could even get crazy and totally ELIMINATE the banana and make low carb keto banana bread!
To make up for the lack of sugar, we’re using EXTRA bananas. Make sure they are REALLY ripe before you make this banana bread, so it has enough sweetness.
Sugar Free Banana Bread Ingredients
To make this banana bread, you’ll need some SIMPLE, pantry essential ingredients
- White whole wheat flour (which also makes great whole wheat blueberry muffins)
- Baking Soda
- Ripe Bananas
- Coconut Oil
How to Ripe Bananas Quickly
Have you ever wanted to make banana bread, but you didn’t have any ripe bananas and couldn’t find them in the store? Well, you are in LUCK because there is a super easy cheat that you can do so you can have some no sugar banana bread TODAY.
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees F
- Line a rimmed baking pan with tinfoil
- Place the bananas onto the pan and bake for 15-30 minutes until black, flipping halfway
- Let them cool and use!
Sugar Free Banana Bread Healthy Swaps
Flour: Most banana breads are made with white all-purpose flour. To add some whole grain nutrition and fiber, I’m using my favorite baking flour: white whole wheat. You could probably use a cup for cup gluten free flour to make this gluten free banana bread, but I have not tried it, so I can’t confirm!
You cannot swap a grain free flour to like almond or coconut flour here.
Sugar: This is banana bread without sugar! Yep, the only sweetness comes naturally from bananas!
Oil: To give this bread some heart healthy nutrition, we’re using coconut oil instead of the typical canola oil. It also adds a nice subtle coconut flour and is KEY in making this bread flavorful and moist. DO NOT SKIP THIS!
How to Freeze Banana Bread
This banana bread will stay in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. If you can’t eat it before then, I recommend freezing it to keep it fresh.
- Place all the slices on a cookie sheet and freeze overnight
- Place the frozen slices in an air-tight Tupperware container. I always recommend writing what it is on the outside!
- Freeze for 3-6 months and eat as you want!
The perfect little snack, breakfast or even dinner when it’s late and you don’t want to cook anything.
Not that I know anything about that ?
Other Banana Recipes:
Sugar Free Banana Bread
- Pre heat your oven to 350 degrees. Place the pecans on a small baking sheet and bake until lightly golden brown, about 10-15 minutes. Additionally, line the bottom of an 8 inch loaf pan with parchment paper and spray the sides with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Place the mashed bananas into a large bowl and whisk in the oil, egg and vanilla until well mixed.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until just combined. Roughly chop the toasted pecans and stir them in.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 1 hour to 1 hr 10 minutes. Let cool COMPLETELY in the pan!
- Once cool, slice and DEVOUR!
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: FREESTYLE POINTS: 6 POINTS+: 6. OLD POINTS: 4
(per slice – based off the recipe making 10 slices. Will vary if you cut thinner and make 12 slices)
STAY IN DA KNOW WITH THINGS GOING ON AT FFF (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!