Just wanted to let you know that this spicy-sweet healthy carrot bread is sponsored by my friends over at Kalona Supernatural
PIN Healthy Carrot Bread
Not even going to beat around the bush here.
You know I love cake for breakfast. ESPECIALLY carrot cake. You and I have been around the carrot-cake-for-breakfast-clock a couple of times with carrot cake overnight oats, carrot cake Instant Pot French Toast Casserole and healthy gluten-free carrot cake muffins
But you know what was missing during our walk around this block? KEFIR.
Awww yah! The yummy, creamy, probiotic goodness that is Kalona Supernatural Kefir is BACK and it’s SHINING.
Considering we’ve also been around the kefir-baked-goods-for-breakfast block with healthy gluten-free chocolate chip muffins and PB & J healthy soft oatmeal breakfast bars, it was just TIME to combine the 2 ya know?
Kefir is an amazing ingredient to really pump up this bread because it acts kind of like buttermilk (like in the blueberry kefir pancakes) and makes the bread SUPER moist and have a nice, domed top!
Not to mention, Kalona Supernatural Kefir is made from high-quality milk from happy, grass-fed cows and is Non-GMO which is just the icing on this icing-less carrot cake loaf!
Is Healthy Carrot Bread a good breakfast bread?
I love a nice, thick slice of bread for breakfast- it’s just so satisfying and filling in the morning. Whether I’m craving some Vegan Gluten Free Banana Bread or Green Cranberry Pistachio Bread, it ALWAYS hits the spot, and this Healthy Carrot Cake Bread is no exception! It’s a FAB choice for breakfast because of the protein in the nuts, the sweetness of the pineapple and carrots, health benefits of Kefir, and the better-for-you ingredient swaps I’ve made such as coconut sugar and coconut oil!
Healthy Carrot Bread Ingredients
This loaf of sweet bread calls for an array of warm spices, fruits and veggies, nuts, and whole wheat flour. It tastes incredible but it also uses wholesome, nourishing ingredients that you’ll feel good about putting in your body and serving to your family and friends. To make it, you will need:
- White Whole Wheat Flour
- Baking Powder
- Ground Nutmeg
- Coconut Sugar
- Crushed Pineapple, drained
- Kalona Supernatural Vanilla Kefir
- Melted Coconut Oil
- Vanilla Extract
- Carrot, grated and tightly packed
- Pecans, roughly chopped
How to make Carrot Bread
This carrot bread recipe is simple and delicious- a common theme on the blog if you haven’t noticed! I’m all about easy steps and a tasty result so if you’re ready, let’s get started!
Set your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and allow it to fully preheat. Line the bottom of an 8 inch loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
In a medium bowl, add the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, nutmeg and salt and whisk it to combine it well. In a separate large bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients except for the carrots and pecans.
Whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until JUST combined. Be careful not to overmix. Next, gently fold in the carrots and pecans.
Pour into your prepared pan and sprinkle with additional chopped pecans, if desired. Bake in the oven until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. This should take approximately 47-55 minutes.
Let the loaf cool COMPLETELY in the pan. Run a knife along the edges and then take it out by turning the pan upside down. Slice on a cutting board, and devour!
How to Store Quick Breads
I love baking quick breads for a few reasons, some of which I outlined above. They are packed with nutrition, they are easy to whip up, they’re a quick breakfast for those busy mornings or snack on the go, and the best part of all? They taste so incredibly delicious! They also freeze really well and thaw quickly, so when I set out to bake one, I often bake a few for later! I recommend storing it in plastic wrap in the fridge for up to a week. If you decide to freeze it for the future, I recommend slicing it into portions, then freezing the slices in between pieces of parchment paper, or each slice in its own individual ziploc bag.
Other Healthy Carrot Recipes
Healthy Carrot Bread
- 1 3/4 Cups White whole wheat flour (210g)
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup Coconut sugar
- 2/3 Cup Crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 Cup Kalona Supernatural Vanilla Kefir
- 1/4 Cup Coconut oil, melted
- 2 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 Cup Carrot, Peeled, Grated and tightly packed
- 1/2 Cup Pecans, Roughly chopped + more for topping (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and line the bottom of an 8 inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients, except the carrot and pecans.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and whisk until just combined, being careful not to overmix. Fold in the carrots and pecans.
- Pour into the pan, topping with more pecans, if desired.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and the top is brown, 47-55 minutes.
- Let cool in the pan COMPLETELY.
- Run a sharp knife around the edges of the cooled pan, turn out onto a cutting board and slice and DEVOUR!
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY MY FRIENDS AT KALONA SUPERNATURAL. THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO CONTINUE CREATING GREAT CONTENT FOR YOU BY SUPPORTING PARTNERSHIPS WITH SUPER-FAB BRANDS THAT FOOD FAITH FITNESS LOVES TO WORK WITH! AS ALWAYS, OPINIONS REMAIN 100% MY OWN!