Just wanted to let you know that these gluten free whole30 paleo turkey meatballs are sponsored by my friends over at Hammons Black Walnuts!
These healthy turkey meatballs are simmered in coconut milk basil pesto cream sauce for an easy, weeknight meal that will please even picky eaters!
PIN Gluten Free Whole30 Paleo Turkey Meatballs
This one goes out to all my friends who:
- Like to feel VRY VRY fancy
- But also REALLY like to just hang out inside, in their pajamas
I get you. The struggle is REAL.
Feels like an ULTRA fancy restaurant meal but- PSYCH – you get to eat it in the COMFORT of your pajamas. Aint no one gonna care if you slurp up those zoodles, causing creamy pesto goodness to splatter ALL over your face.
You just do you my internet BFF. Nooooo judgement.
Not that I could judge anyway. Mr. FFF always comes home and asks me “will I ever find you NOT covered in some sort of food?”
But, back to the whole30 turkey paleo meatballs situation because they’re going to save your real life “what am I going to make for dinner that tastes good, and is as easy as a sandwich, but doesn’t taste like a sandwich, because I am craving something more exciting” kind life on MORE than one occasion.
Don’t lie. I know you’ve had that VERY conversation in your head too.
Just going to walk you through the dinner scenario at hand because it is a TASTY ONE.[click_to_tweet tweet=”Even if you’re not doing #whole30, you’ll love these #paleo basil @blackwalnut pesto turkey meatballs! ” quote=”Even if you’re not doing #whole30, you’ll love these #paleo basil @blackwalnut pesto turkey meatballs! ” theme=”style2″]
It starts with the easiest gluten free turkey meatballs that are made of simple, panty-essential kind of ingredients. Even though these whole30 turkey meatballs have an ingredient list that seems a little “HOO-HUM” once you put ‘em in your mouth, you’re gonna be liiike “OH YUM.”
I mean. Fresh basil! Zesty lemon! Juicy turkey! All the makings of meatballs success are HERE.
Whole 30 meatballs are great but creamy, herb-y, zesty sauce? IT IS BETTER.
Boy oh boy oh boooooy, your taste buds are really just in for a TREAT.
The classic basil pesto is getting a VRY VRY flavorful upgrade with the addition of Hammons Black Walnuts!
They’ve added their robust flavor to Harvest paleo vegan stuffed sweet potatoes, vegan gluten free brownie cookies and chocolate chip keto low carb muffins and now these INTENSELY flavorful little powerhouse of a tree nut are shimmying all up into pesto’s business, only to leave you wondering why we haven’t ALWAYS made pesto with them.
You don’t know what you don’t know, I guess.
But, internet friends, we are now IN THE KNOW, so let’s never go back to black walnut-less pesto.
Aside from a depth of flavor like no other, black walnuts add a triple threat of heart-healthy Omega-3s, Magnesium and plant protein (the most of any tree nut!)
Their unique, complex flavor is brightened up by bursts of punchy, fresh lemon, vibrant basil and a little steamy-stove-time with creamy, rich coconut milk to create the most luscious pesto cream sauce that your taste buds will hardly believe came out of YOUR very own kitchen.
Just gonna be pressin’ rep-EAT on Gluten Free whole30 paleo turkey meatballs over and over and overrrr.
Do not blame you ONE BITE.
Other Recipes You Might Like:
Gluten Free Whole30 Paleo Turkey Meatballs
For the meatballs:
For the sauce:
- 1/3 Cup Hammons Black Walnuts
- 2 1/4 Cups Fresh basil, very tightly packed (35g)
- 2 Tbsp Fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp Lemon zest
- 1 tsp Fresh garlic, minced
- 3/4 tsp Sea salt
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 6 Tbsp Full fat coconut milk
- 6 Tbsp Reduced sodium chicken broth
- In a large bowl, mix together all of the meatball ingredients up to the coconut flour until well mixed. Add in the coconut flour and stir until well mixed. Form into 20 lightly heaping Tbsp sized balls (I used a cookie scoop.)
- Heat a large, non-stick pan (or 2 mediums pans) over medium-high heat. Brown the meatballs on each side - about 1 minute per side- until golden brown. Add in the chicken broth, reduce the heat to medium/low and cover. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the meatballs are cooked and have absorbed the broth, about 8-11 minutes.
- While the meatballs cook, add the black walnuts into a SMALL food processor (mine is 3 cups) and process until broken down. Add all the remaining ingredients up to the olive oil and pulse until broken down and combined.
- With the food processor running, stream in the olive oil until well mixed.
- In a large, high-sided frying pan, combine the coconut milk and chicken broth on medium/high heat. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, whisk in all of the pesto until well combined and boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Then, reduce the heat to medium/low and simmer for 2-3 minutes, until the sauce begins to thicken up.
- Heat a dry frying pan on medium high heat and cook the zucchini noodles until they just begin to soften, about 3-4 minutes. Transfer to a layer of paper towel and lightly press out the excess moisture. Divide between 4 bowls.
- Stir the meatballs into the sauce and serve over the zoodles, garnishing with fresh basil and a squeeze of lemon, if desired.
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY MY FRIENDS AT HAMMONS. THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO CONTINUE CREATING GREAT CONTENT FOR YOU BY SUPPORTING PARTNERSHIPS WITH SUPER-FAB BRANDS THAT FOOD FAITH FITNESS LOVES TO WORK WITH! AS ALWAYS, OPINIONS REMAIN 100% MY OWN!
BUY HAMMONS ONLINE TO MAKE THESE GLUTEN FREE WHOLE30 PALEO TURKEY MEATBALLS AND USE THE PROMO CODE “FFF01” AT CHECKOUT TO GET 10% OFF YOUR ORDER! CLICK HERE TO SHOP!
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: FREESTYLE POINTS: 11 POINTS+: 12. OLD POINTS: 11
(Per 1/4 of the recipe)