These Easy Healthy Buffalo Chicken Meatballs have a ranch twist and are paired with cauliflower Alfredo sauce and zucchini noodles for a quick, easy and healthy dinner!
PIN Easy Healthy Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
Oh delicious cauliflower, how do I love thee? Let me count thy ways:
- Cauliflower Bakes are the new AND IMPROVED mashed potatoes.
- Cauliflower rice is givin’ those carbo filled rice bowls a run fo’ their money.
- And now I can even turn your albino-tree-likeness into cauliflower Alfredo sauce. Sauce that tastes like my favorite creamy Alfredo, but with about eleventy billion percent less fat/calories and general I-wont-even-attempt-to-eat-that-in-my-skinny-jeans qualities.
You guys. It’s pure love in vegetal form.
Note the specified “vegetal” form. I have to reserve the “people” form for the Hubs. Or else he might get jealous and have some sort of cauliflower skirmish in my kitchen.
Which would be kind of fun to see. Hmmm….
Yes, like the Greek Yogurt Dip from Monday, we are eating cauliflower turned into something that you wouldn’t really expect it turned into with these easy healthy buffalo chicken meatballs.
Plus, there is that whole “Cauliflower sauce is ACCOSTING my eyeballs at every click of a new page and every time that I visit Pinterest.” It’s like the impending stomach ache DOOM after you face-plant into a plate of breaded, crispy pork with DOUBLE the Sweet and Sour Sauce at Panda Express.
YOU JUST CAN’T GET AWAY FROM IT.
Not that I know anything about that or anything.
So, I listened to what internet land was telling my soul, and I tried it. Which lead to the realization of why it happens to be in every single nook and cranny of the interwebz.
UM WHOA. <3 <3 <3 It’s DANG DIGGITY DELICIOUS. Like creamy. And thick. With a flavour POW that you would not think that this pale, bland, sad looking little vegetable would have.
ESPECIALLY when you swirl it around with these easy healthy buffalo chicken meatballs. You knew it was coming.
My friends, it is the season of Buffalo ALL THE THINGS. And, yes, that is foreshadowing. After this buffalo chicken meatballs recipe, there will be another Buffalo creation coming to a face near you.
I wouldn’t want you to have to eat Q-tips on Game Day. Just giving you options.
Also, don’t even ask why Q-tips was the first thing that came to mind when thinking about weird things to eat.
Now, as ah-may-zing as the sauce/buffalo/ohmygoshcreamygoodness is, I don’t want to push aside the actual recipe for ground chicken meatballs. 🙁 <— That is what they would look like if I let that happen.
You guys. These are the kind of skinny buffalo chicken meatballs that your Hubskerdoodle asks you to make extra of so that he can freeze them and bring them in his lunch bag for all the evers left of his life.
The kind of meatball that make you say “OH HELLO YOU TASTY THANG YOU” when you bite into it.
You know why? Cheesy goodness with a super-secret-surprise ranch twist.
Are you even going to question the goodness of all that WITH buffalo sauce, so-creamy-that-I-might-even-put-it-in-my-coffee Cauliflower Alfredo And more low, carby vegetable goodness with some zucchini noodles?
These easy healthy buffalo chicken meatballs are a DELISH dinner for your Game Day.
That doesn’t even remotely resemble a Q-tip.
I figured you’d be okay with that.
Ranch Buffalo Chicken Meatballs with Zucchini Noodles and Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce
These easy healthy Buffalo Chicken Meatballs have a ranch twist and have cauliflower Alfredo sauce and zucchini noodles for a quick, family friendly dinner!
- For the Zucchini Noodles:
- 8 Large Zucchinis
- For the cauliflower sauce:
- 3 Cups Water
- 3 Cups Vegetable broth
- 5 Cups Cauliflower cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Garlic minced
- 1/2 Cup Onion roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp 2% Milk
- For the meatballs:
- 1 Lb Extra Lean Ground chicken
- 1/2 Cup Mozzarella cheese grated
- 1/4 Cup Green onion diced + additional for garnish
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Garlic minced
- 1/4 Cup + 2 Tbsp Rolled old fashioned oatmeal, gluten free if needed
- 1 Tbsp Ranch seasoning (I use this one)
- Pinch of pepper
- 1 Large egg white
- Buffalo chicken sauce
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and spray a baking sheetwith cooking spray. Set aside,
- Use a 5 or 7 mm julienne blade on amandolin and slice zucchini lengthwise to make long noodles. *
- Toss the zucchini noodles with a sprinkle of salt, and let them sit in a strainer over a bowl for 20-30 minutes. Stir them around a few times while they strain.
- Combine the water and vegetable broth in alarge pot and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add in the cauliflower and cover. Boil until the cauliflower are tender, about 6-7 minutes. Remove from heat and cover to keep warm. Do not drain!
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground chicken, cheese, 1/4 cup green onion, 1 tsp salt, 1 1/2 tsp garlic, oatmeal, Ranch powder, pepper and egg white. Stir until evenly mixed.
- Roll the meat into balls (I like using a small 1 1/2 Tbsp cookie scoop) and place onto the prepared baking sheet. Place into the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes, depending on how big your meatballs are.
- Heat the 1 Tbsp of Olive olive in a medium pan and cook the garlic and onion until lightly golden brown. Add the cooked garlic and onion into a large food processoror blender.
- Using a slotted spoon transfer the cauliflower into the blender and add in the salt, pinch of pepper and the milk. Blend and then add in 3-4 more Tablespoons of the cooking liquid until the sauce reaches desired consistency.
- Squeeze out the excess water from the zucchini noodles and divide between plates. Top with cauliflower sauce, meatballs and drizzle with buffalo sauce and extra green onions, if desired.
*You can also use a spiralizer to make the noodles! I LOVE THIS ONE!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?If you try this recipe I would love to see it and share it! Tag me on IG @foodfaithfit, using the hashtag #foodfaithfit
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: SMART POINTS: 4 POINTS+: 10. OLD POINTS:8
(per 1/4 of the recipe)
More Zucchini Noodles for your face:
Turkey Pizza Zucchini Lasagna
Recipes with Cauliflower Sauce from around the web:
Not your Mom’s Shepherds Pie – Nancy’s Cravings
Healthier Carbonara Pasta – leealicious
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!