This Greek Yogurt Dip uses a secret ingredient to keep it healthy but SUPER thick and creamy! It’s quick, easy and protein packed!
Why the long face chum?
Oh, right. Because it’s Monday and you were hoping that somehowsomeway when you woke up, the world would magically stick to being the weekend forever.
I get it.
BUT, will you let me take 5 (maybe 6, depending on if you’re one of skim-the-pages kind of reader or if you eat, live and BREATHE every word on this little page in cyberspace) of your time to make it SO MUCH BETTER.
“Better” like healthy Greek yogurt dip that tastes like Spinach and Artichoke dip but it’s made with a HEALTHY ninja secret ingredient. Or maybe more than 1!
The suspense. Is it killing you? Don’t worry, it’ll be over in a few more sentences.
A-L-S-O, “better” like YOU COULD WIN A BLENDTEC. Like of your very own. You don’t have to share with nobody.
I don’t want anyone falling off their chairs and blaming me. I know how your noggins work.
So. This greek yogurt dip. It’s really kind of random in the sense of why-on-earth-is-there-CAULIFLOWER-in-my-dip. But, remember the Cauliflower Bake and Cauliflower pizza? Cauliflower can be anything that it sets its mind to.
That’s what my Momma always told me when I was a wee tyke, so I am going to pass these nuggets of knowledge onto the food that I eat too. Even veggies want to feel loved, you know?
Yes. You can send help now.
If the cauliflower wasn’t enough, I decided to pull the ol’ 1! 2! And throw in some kale. You know, because SUPAFOOD!
If you’re trackin’ with me, this Greek yougurt dip is about 85% vegetables. And your family isn’t even going to notice.
WHA BAM! You sneaky person you.
As much as I love me some veggies, I thought the dip needed more OOOMF. So in went the Greek yogurt. Because you can’t eat veggies without yogurt. Or something.
Just go with it. You know I have an affinity to throwing anyandall things protein into anyandall things food.
I tasted the above combo. It was good, but not GOOOD, if you know what I mean. It needed something to kick it up to that ooeyy gooey, creamy “screw the crackers, I just wanna dip my WHOLE FACE” into this dip” level of general num and tastiness.
It needed cheese. Parmesan, to be exact.
Really, it’s an obvious choice. Cheese is NEVER a bad idea.
Throw the cheese into the dip and then X2 it with some cover-the-top-and-broil-to-warm-bubbly-perfection kinda action.
So, what’s your dipper of choice? The timid cracker?
The sort-of-adventurous finger?
Or the no-holds-barred-I’m-going-for-it face into bowl?
Greek Yogurt Dip with Kale and Parmesan
- 1 Head of garlic
- 2 tsp Olive oil divided
- 6 Cups Cauliflower cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 Cup Onion roughly chopped
- 1 1/3 Cup Parmesan cheese grated (divided)
- 1/2 Cup Plain Non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp 2% Milk
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Smoked Paprika
- Pepper to taste
- 2 Cups Kale packed
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the top of the head of garlic off, so that the tips of the cloves are exposed. Place it in center of a piece of tinfoil (shiny side in) and drizzle with 1 tsp of olive oil. Massage the oil into the garlic and then form the tinfoil around the garlic head tightly, like a little packet. Place on a small baking tray and cook until soft and fork tender, about 30-40 minutes.
- While the garlic roasts, place the cauliflower into a large, microwave-safe, lidded bowl and fill with a few inches of water. Microwave until fork tender, about 9-10 minutes. Drain the water out and set aside.
- Heat the remaining 1 tsp of oil in a small pan over medium heat and cook the onion until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Set aside..
- Once the garlic has cooked, place the cooked cauliflower, onion, 1 cup of the grated Parmesan cheese, Greek yogurt, Milk, Salt, smoked paprika and Pepper in the Blendtec. Then, roughly chop 4-8 cloves of the roasted garlic,* and add it into the Blendtec as well.
- Turn the Blendtec on to the "blend" setting until smooth and creamy.**
- Once the dip is smooth, add in the kale and turn the Blendtec to the "chop" setting just for a few seconds until the kale is broken down.
- Turn your oven to HIGH broil and pour the dip into a small oven-safe baking dish. I used a brulee dish measuring 8.5 inches long and 1.5 inches deep. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/3 cup of grated Parmesan.
- Broil until golden brown and bubbly, about 7-10 minutes.
- Let cool for a few minutes and DEVOUR immediately!
Recipe Notes* The amount of garlic you uses depends on the size of your cloves, and an on how much garlic flavour you like. We like a lot of garlic and I used 4 very large cloves, and we found it perfect. Add a few at a time, taste and adjust to your liking.
** If the Blendtec tells you to "add more liquid" stop it, scrape the sides down and continue blending until smooth.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?If you try this recipe I would love to see it and share it! Tag me on IG @foodfaithfit, using the hashtag #foodfaithfitness
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
If you make this recipe please remember to tag @foodfaithfit and #foodfaithfitness on Instagram! I LOVE seeing your recipe re-creations! 🙂
If you need some other healthy recipes to get you started, here are 10 from blogger friends around the web:
Quick and Easy Apple Butter – Happy Food Healthy Life
White Chocolate Almond Butter– Dinners, Dishes and Desserts
Gluten Free Peach Crisp – Noble Pig
Low Carb Homemade Caramel Frappuccino – All Day I Dream About Food
Protein Crepes – Oh Sweet Basil
Whole Wheat Blender Pancakes – Taste And Tell
Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie – Yummy Healthy Easy
Blueberry Pineapple Green Detox Smoothie – Life Made Sweeter
Roasted Cauliflower Soup – The Roasted Root
Citrus Berry Smoothie – The Lemon Bowl
A few more blender recipes from FFF:
Avocado Smoothie Bowl
Almond Pear Smoothie
Pineapple Smoothie with Coconut Cream
Stay in touch with Blendtec on social media for more yummy recipes:
This post is sponsored by Blendtec. Because of super sweet relationships like this, I can keep providing you with quality content. Thank you so much for supporting the brands that Food Faith Fitness loves!
Stay in DA KNOW (and get special behind-the-scenes info) by following along with FFF on Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!