This Spinach Artichoke Greek Yogurt Chicken is grilled and topped with a creamy, Parmesan Greek yogurt sauce! It’s a healthy, low carb dinner that’s perfect for a weeknight, and only 1 WW Freestyle point!
PIN Spinach Artichoke Greek Yogurt Chicken
(Originally posted Aug 2015, photos updated April 18. Narration not changed.)
Let’s play a game.
It’s called “how about you put a blindfold on and don’t look at the photos and just imagine creamy-dreamy-cheesy sauce dripping down your chin and coating your taste buds in the most tongue-tingling way EVER.”
Whaddya say? Can we play together like true internet BUDZ would DO?! Please say yes.
MMMKKAY, SEW. The story on these photos. This was the 3rd time that I shot this silly little piece of chicken AND it was the very first shoot that I ever did in our place after we moved. SO SO SO, I hadn’t figured out the lighting sitch yet, and I hated every photo EVER.
Like, I actually went to my townhouse office and asked how much it would cost to break our lease and move. 1 week after we had just MOVED IN.
Mr. FFF? He had some words about that. TEEHEE.
*insert awkward-I’m-crazy laugh RIGHT HERE.*
Luckily, I figured it out eventually – as seen in this FOURTH ROUND of photos.
BUT YOU KNOW WHAT? I made this Greek yogurt Parmesan chicken over and over and over again because, UHMM, cheesy creamy sauce all oozing over moist, grilly chicken that is STUFFED up with tangy-delicious artichoke hearts and spinach.
Super food chicken. That tastes like your favoritest dip EVER, but in, like, WEEKNIGHT E-Z DINNER FRIENDLY FORM.
You like it.
This Greek yogurt baked chicken is also one of those recipes that isn’t TOTALLY a “real” recipe. Mostly because there are items that are NOT MEASURED. I KNOW, what kind of food blogger makes a recipe and then lets you guys just RUN WILD with your own interpretations of it.
Reality check friends: It’s only artichokes and spinach that are going un-measured here. Don’t start questioning my life choices. Calm DOWN.
Sidenote: I also suggest (read: demand) that you shove as MUCH spinach and artichokes inside your spinach artichoke Greek yogurt chicken that you POSSIBLY can. And then stuff in some more.
It’s all in the name of antioxidants that make your hair shiny and skin glowy right? You need to eat A LOT of spinach to do that.
Just givin’ you DA FACTS. <— I feel like I need to end that with “yo.” Resisting the urge.
What side dishes should I serve with these Spinach Artichoke Greek Yogurt Chicken?
There are so many things that you could serve with it! You could go simple with some roasted cauliflower or easy sautéed fresh green beans, or you could go bold with something like Greek healthy broccoli salad or a cauliflower bake with goat cheese.
OooooOOOH and before you get any ideas re: skipping the whole “marinating in Greek yogurt” shenaingans. Just STAP. It’s like bathing your chicken in creamy goodness which seals in all that tender tastiness and makes your chicken XPLODE in bites of juicy, cheesy YUM all over yo’ MOUF.
Why would you deny yourself a piece of THAT.? Exactly. You wouldn’t.
So stop trying to make an easy recipe even EASIER.
On that note, 3 cheers for weeknight dinners with DOUBLE the protein sources.
Spinach Artichoke Greek Yogurt Chicken
This Spinach Artichoke Greek Yogurt Chicken is grilled and topped with a creamy, Parmesan Greek yogurt sauce! It's a healthy, low carb dinner that's perfect for a weeknight, and only 1 WW Freestyle point!
For the chicken:
- 3 Tbsp Plain Non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 tsp Garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp liquid from a jar of artichokes packed in water.
- Pinch of salt/pepper
- 1 lb Chicken breasts
- 4 Small artichoke hearts, packed in water (drained)
- Italian seasoning
For the Greek yogurt sauce:
- 1/2 Cup Plain Non-fat Greek yogurt
- 4 Small Artichoke hearts, packed in water (drained)
- 1 tsp Garlic minced
- 1/3 Cup Shredded Parmesan + Romano Cheese blend * 30g
- Salt/pepper to taste
- In a large container, whisk together the 3 Tbsp Greek yogurt with the garlic, artichoke liquid and a pinch of salt and pepper. Place the chicken into the container and spoon the mixture over top until it's covered. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Once marinated, preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Wipe of any thick areas of yogurt from the chicken and slice a large pocket into the side of each breast using a sharp knife, making sure not to cut all the way through. Place as many spinach leaves as you can inside (I did 4 per breast) and then add 1 artichoke heart. Seal with toothpicks to keep the filling inside. Sprinkle with a pinch of Italian Seasoning.
- Grill until no longer pink inside, about 6-7 minutes per side. Flipping once. One cooked, place onto a plate and cover to let rest for 10 minutes.
- While the chicken rests, combine all of the sauce ingredients in a small food processor (mine is 3 cups) and blend until smooth and creamy, scraping the sides down as necessary.
- Serve the sauce over the chicken and DEVOUR.
* I've also tried it with just plain Parmesan. It's still good, but the Romano really adds something!
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: FREESTYLE SMART POINTS: 7 POINTS+: 8. OLD POINTS: 6
(per 1/4 of the chicken with 1/4 of the sauce)
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER, FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!