These energy bites are quick, easy and only have 5 ingredients. If you like Matcha Green Tea and chocolate, these are for you! How do you guys feel about trying new things? Are you an I-eat-overnight oats-for-breakfast-every-day-forever-and-don’t-you-even-try-to-put-that-piece-of-toast-in-front-of-my-face kind of person? Or do you not even remember what you had for breakfast because it was so DIFFERENT and WILD and CA-RAY-ZAY?
Me? I LOVE to try new things (however, I do eat overnight oats for breakfast almost every day. Unless gluten free pancakes are an option. But that’s a different story.) So, when I had an opportunity to try some Organic Matcha Green Tea Powder by Kiss me Organics, I was pretty excited. And, to be honest, a little nervous. Having not tried Matcha Powder before, and definitely never having cooked with it, I really wasn’t too sure what to expect. But, you guys, I seriously am in love with it. Not only does it taste really good, It has some AMAZING health benefits. Ya’ll know how I feel about things that are healthy, but are yummy. I <3 them. If you’re unfamiliar with Matcha, here are just a few of aforementioned AMAZING health benefits:
- All day energy with increased focus. I can’t confirm or deny that I’m really bad at that whole “sleeping” thing. So, I really like this point. Lots.
- Metabolism boost. Um, yes please!
- TONS of antioxidants AND improved skin health. So I can eat yummy things AND look good doing it? I’m in.
Now, you’re wondering what it tastes like? Well, it tastes like green tea. Very strong green tea. Kind of earthy, and naturally delicious. Just a sidenote: If you are not partial to green tea, like Mr. FFF, these may not be for you. If you’re into green tea, then you are going to fall hard for these little energy balls. Especially since they don’t’ have any sugar added, have some protein, and are RIDICULOUSLY EASY and only have 5 ingredients. One hands worth of ingredients to nom-a-licious energy? I don’t think it can get better. Just kidding. I dipped them in chocolate for you. Crunchy and sweet on the outside with a surprise, soft, green tea center. Now, they can’t get any better. These Matcha Green Tea Bites are a perfect way to get an extra energy boost to start the day, or make a great snack before you tear ‘er up in the gym.
If you like green tea, chocolate and trying new things, these are for you! If not, I’ll GLADLY eat your share.
Orrrr….you can just try this Chia Matcha Overnight Breakfast Smoothie from Cotter Crunch!
Chocolate Covered Matcha Green Tea Energy Bites
- 1 Cup Dates roughly chopped (130g)
- 1 Tbsp Kiss Me Organics Matcha Green Tea Powder
- 2 1/2 - 3 Tbsp Chocolate Protein Powder *
- 1 1/2 tsp Coconut oil melted and divided
- 2 Oz Semi-sweet chocolate
- Line a small cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside
- Add the roughly chopped dates into asmall food processor and process until the dates break down and begin to form a ball.
- Using a spatula, break the date ball up a little bit and add the Matcha Green Tea Powder, chocolate protein powder and 1 tsp of the melted coconut oil into the food processor.
- Process until all mixed up, and a ball forms.
- Take the ball out of the food processor and knead it around with your hands if any of the powders did not get well incorporated. Place the ball in the refrigerator while you melt the chocolate.
- In a small, microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate in the microwave using 20 second intervals, stirring between each interval, until smooth and melted. Stir in the remaining 1/2 tsp of melted coconut oil.
- Take the date mixture out of the refrigerator and roll into Tablespoon sized balls. Place one ball into the melted chocolate, using a spoon to drizzle chocolate over the top until it is coated. Use a fork to scoop out the bite and lightly shake and scrape off any excess chocolate on the side of the bowl. Transfer to the prepared cookie sheet (I find that using a toothpick to slide it off the fork works great!) and repeat with remaining bites.
- Transfer the chocolate covered bites to the refrigerator until the chocolate hardens and DEVOUR.
Recipe Notes* I used chocolate casein protein,which is thicker than whey. 2.5 Tbsp was perfect for me, but you may need to add a little more if you use whey, and the date mixture seems too sticky.
Bites are best kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?If you try this recipe I would love to see it and share it! Tag me on IG @foodfaithfit, using the hashtag #foodfaithfitness
Want more bites?
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!