These Low Carb Keto Paleo Baked Chicken Nuggets are cooked in the air fryer and have an Asian twist! A healthy, whole30, gluten free, family-friendly weeknight dinner! Oven baked option too!
PIN Low Carb Keto Paleo Baked Chicken Nuggets
Real life confession time.
You probably think it’s the super fancy, lots-of-time involved recipes that take me the longest to perfect.
Your brain is jumping around to things like paleo crepes cake, healthy gluten free sugar free carrot cake OR that chickpea cookie dough homemade ice cream cake.
While this is true SOMETIMES (I’m looking at you paleo lemon bars!) it’s actually usually the recipes that I think are gonna be EASY PEASY that take me the longest/most tries.
Straight up facts: we ate these healthy chicken nuggets 5 times in one week. <– Liiike, ALMOST every single day for dinner.
Not gonna lie though, it wasn’t really hard to venture back into the land of my childhood (with an adult FLAVAH twist of course) for 5 days. Can chicken nugs (what I call them) really ever DO YOU WRONG?
Obviously, considering I had to test them 5 times, they CAN.
But you aren’t supposed to acknowledge that. ?
Anyway. These low carb keto paleo baked chicken nuggets in the air fryer? SO CRISPY. SO CRUNCHY and SO JUICY on the inside!
I told you in the low carb whole30 paleo salmon cakes, I RLY RLY think that the air fryer is a worthwhile kitchen contraption. If you don’t have one, uhhh, WHY?
How to make air fried chicken:
It’s actually the same as making oil-fried chicken just, obviously, without almost all of the oil. Simple chose your dredging (we’re using coconut flour) dip the chicken in egg (or egg white) and then into your crunchy coating. Then you just have to pop them into a mesh air fryer basket, spray with a TOUCH of cooking spray and cook for 10 minutes or so, making sure you flip halfway so that both sides get that CRUNCHY YUMS!
Can I make these nuggets into air fryer chicken tenders?
Yes, you can! The only difference would be to cut your chicken into bigger strips (or use the actual bought tenders) and cook them 2-3 minutes more per side. I would recommend cutting into one before serving.
You know. To make sure you’re not gonna kill your family. Just a forewarning
If you don’t have an air fryer though?
How to cook chicken nuggets in the oven:
Follow all the coating steps for the nuggets. But then, place the nuggets on a WELL greased cooling rack that has legs, place the cooling rack on a cookie sheet, and spray the nuggets with cooking spray. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Flip, spray again and cook for another 10-12 minutes until crispy!
In usual “Taylor style” I made this gluten free chicken nuggets recipe with an “Adulty” Asian T-W-I-S-T.
Don’t worry. Kids love them too. Mr. FFF did and, considering he would eat cereal for every meal and be happy, AND he kept trying to dip these low carb chicken nuggets in ketchup, he basically has kid taste buds.
I mean, I LOVE ketchup, but this creamy, spicy-sweet almond butter dip?
Especially considering the coated-in-sesame-seed-satiation that we find our dinner-making-selves in.
They’re already naturally crunchy and pack tons of yummy flavor, so they’re the IDEAL healthy little coating for our low carb keto paleo baked chicken nuggets.
If you’re wondering about side dishes to serve with these little bites of chicken bliss. I got you covered there too:
What sides can I serve with these baked chicken nuggets?
You can serve these with SO many things! We ate them with cauliflower fried rice, or some greens sauteed in ghee or coconut oil. If you want to make a SUPER kid-friendly dinner, I would go with cauliflower tater tots or paleo cauliflower tater tots!
Crispy? YEP. Flavorful? YES. Back-pocket-recipe-ready-in-just-a-few-mins-kinda-awesome? MHMMHMHMHM.
I spy with my little eye:
Something that looks like dinner.
- 1 Pound Free-range boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- 1/4 Cup Coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp Ground ginger
- 4 Egg whites
- 6 Tbsp Toasted sesame seeds
- Cooking spray of choice
For the dip: *
- 2 Tbsp Natural creamy almond butter
- 4 tsp Coconut aminos (or GF soy sauce)
- 1 Tbsp Water
- 2 tsp Rice vinegar
- 1 tsp Sriracha, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp Ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp Monkfruit (omit for whole30)
- Preheat you air fryer to 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
- While the air fryer heats, cut the chicken into nuggets (about 1 inch pieces,) dry them off and place them in a bowl. Toss with salt and sesame oil until coated.
- Place the coconut flour and ground ginger in a large Ziploc bag and shake to combine. Add the chicken and shake until coated.
- Place the egg whites in a large bowl and add in the chicken nuggets, tossing until they are all well coated in the egg.
- Place the sesame seeds in a large, Ziploc bag. Shake any excess egg off the chicken and add the nuggets into the bag, shake until well coated.
- GENEROUSLY spray the mesh air fryer basket with cooking spray. Place the nuggets into the basket,* making sure to not crowd them or they won't get crispy. Spray with a touch of cooking spray.
- Cook for 6 minutes. Flip each nugget and spray for cooking spray. Then, cook an additional 5-6 minutes until no longer pink inside, with a crispy outside.
- While the nuggets cook, whisk all the sauce ingredients together in a medium bowl until smooth.
- Serve the nuggets with the dip and DEVOUR!
Tips & Notes:
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: SMART POINTS: 5 POINTS+: 6. OLD POINTS: 6
(per 1/4 of the nuggets and 1/4 of the sauce)
Leave a Comment