These gluten free, keto paleo cauliflower tater tots are so crispy and crunchy you will never believe they’re low carb and made from veggies! Even your kids will love them!
Crispy crunchy and tender OH MY.
These are the things that steal my taste buds. Aaaaand it just so happens that these descript-y words PERFECTLY FIT these P-A-L-E-O cauliflower tater tots.
Back it uppppppp. Paleo. Like no grains, no gluten, no dairy, no sugar, no ANYTHING BAD.
It kind of blows my mind how riced cauliflower + nuts = tater tots. But, LIIIIKE, it DOES.
Bold statement alert: do you remember the cauliflower tater tots from a few months back, that were loaded with cheese and panko? I was in love with them. I’ve been dreaming about them ever since FOREVER. I did not think I could love any “tot-like” substance in the SAME WAY.
Spoiler alert: I like these better. AND THEY DON’T EVEN HAVE CHEESE.
Let’s be real. Usually adding cheese to a recipe is kind of cheating in the sense that any other recipe WITHOUT it can’t EVEN COMPARE.
Question. Do you ever have those moments where you think about adulting and you’re like:
- Why do adults have to pay bills?
- Why do offices not have recess?
- Why is it not socially acceptable for adults to bring things like PB & J sandwiches to work for lunch?
You guys. Adulting is basically just code for “HAVE NO FUN EVER.”
I may not be able to solve #1 and #2 for you but #3? Uh hello –> “Grown up” tater tots are AT YOUR SERVICE.
It IS socially acceptable for you to eat vegetables. In fact, it is HIGHLY HIGHLY recommended.
It IS socially acceptable for you to be an ultra-fancy-person who makes tater tots HERSELF, and does not pull them out of bag.
It might NOT be socially acceptable to dunk these little bites of crispy-crunchy-tender-golden-brown VEGGIE LOVE in about eleventy billion pounds of ketchup. but I KNOW that you’re going to be doing it RIGHT ALONG WITH ME.
It’s why we have an internet BFF status, after all. <3
Also: adult cauliflower tots are EQUALLY acceptable to feed your kiddos. And, just like the cauliflower pizza, they’re probably gonna eat their veggies WITHOUT COMPLAINING.
Supermom status? YOU KILLIN’ IT.
You might think that cauliflower is the TRUE game changer in this recipe. It’s not. I mean, considering a vegetable is mimicking carb-laden potatoes, I guess it coul be a SOLID contender. But, the real winner here is the almond flour.
It gives these tots this SUPER addicting nutty flavor that I honestly didn’t expect to be obsessed with – I thought it was going to be a VRY VRY strange mix with cauliflower. But, you guys, nutty tots are SO much better than carby tots.
Never thought I would feel that way about something without ALL THE CARBS.
A little sprinkle of tapioca flour gives this EXTRA OOMPH and crispy-crunchy goodness, PLUSPLUSPLUS helps the outsides of the bites-of-bliss go the perfect golden brown color, that will 110% make your FORGET you’re eating veggies. However, if you do NOT have tapioca starch, I got you. I also tried making these without, and they taste JUST as good…they are just a little less crispy-crunchy.
The crispy crunchy game is STILL quite strong though. Have NO fear.
I leave you with a VRY VRY important life question:
Do you have your ketchup READY?
- Heat your oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the cauliflower in a large food processor and process until broken down and "rice-like." Transfer to a large, microwave-safe bowl and cook for 3 minutes. Stir, then cook again for 2 more minutes.
- Add the onion, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper into the bowl and stir well. Then, add in the egg white and stir until well combined. Finally, stir in the olive oil.
- Add the almond meal, tapioca and coconut flour to the bowl and stir until well mixed and the cauliflower mixture thickens.
- Pack the cauliflower into a 1 Tbsp measuring spoon and lightly hit it into your hand until the cauliflower comes out in a perfect "tot" shape. You can also just roll them into 1 Tbsp-sized ovals if you wish! Place the tots onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Spray the tops generously with olive oil spray and bake for 25 minutes. Flip all the tots over and spray generously with the spray again. Bake for an additional 9-10 minutes until golden brown and super crispy.
- DEVOUR immediately!
Tips & Notes:
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: SMART POINTS: 6 POINTS+: 6. OLD POINTS: 5
FREESTYLE POINTS: 6
(per 1/6 of the recipe – about 6 tots)
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS! ????
This post may contain affiliate links, but I would only recommend products I love. Thanks for supporting FFF!