These 3 ingredient apricot cashew no bake energy bites are a quick and easy, healthy snack for busy days! Gluten free and paleo and vegan friendly too!
Bites Bites BABYY
APRICOT CASHEW Bites Bites Babyyyy
Please tell me I am not the only one who reverts to me-child-of-the-90s-ways whenever I hear someone say “bites.” Orrrrr, really, anything that could possibly SOMEHOW sound like “ice.”
Gonna pretened that you understand this and it also happens on a VRY VRY regular basis in your real-person life too.
On topic though: Bites. Liiiike, pop-able, portables little balls of BLISS that are made with ONLY 3 (maybe 4 if you’re feeling CRAZY) real-food ingredients and are ready LIKE THIS: SNAP.
You like them.
100% understand how YOUR brain works.
Mr. FFF on the other hand? I DO NOT GET IT.
I knew I was wanted to show my internet BFF’s (IE: YOU) with healthy-bliss-bite LOVIN’, since you loved the Chai Energy Balls, so I asked him to give me a flavor idea that is somewhat creative (real talk yo: I’m aware that, liiike, all the bite flavors have been invented by other amazing foodies) and also delicious and easy.
Also. A flavor that is NOT CAJUN.
Remember the Cajun cauliflower casserole A-N-D Cajun Cauliflower Tater Tots Casserole where I told you he EVERYDAY ALWAYS asks me to make Cajun food? Bites are not time for that.
Luckily, he agreed with me on that one. There is still hope for him.
But, you guys. Do you know what “wild and INVENTINE and CREATIVE flavor he gave me?”
Chocolate peanut butter oatmeal.
Why do I even try to include him in our internet friendship?
Apricot + Cashew + (optional but HIGHLY RECOMMENDED) coconut is not chocolate and peanut butter but it is 100% JUST as delicious and energy-packed and good for you and, most importantly, SO STINKIN’ EASY.
If you have a food processor then you’re basically the star of your own cooking TV show in the sense that you are going to be OWNING the kitchen when you CHAMPION the energy ball-making situation that is about to happen in your snack-loving life, in the sense that they are SO easy. The food processor does ALL the work for you:
- It crushes cashews into tiny bites of nutty-toasty-salty YUMMINESS
- It breaks up chewy, sticky-sweet apricots and mish-mashes them together with cashews into the ultimate of SALTY-SWEET-FRUITY-NUTTY combinations.
- It swirls in a drizzle of coconut oil for delicious richness and yummy mouth feel.
The only thing it can’t do is roll them in coconut flakes. Which is actually optional so you don’t even need to stress yourself out about that.
Although, if you want to take your cooking-show-hosting-SKILLZ up a few notches, you could totally tip-toe into the realm of bite-rolling. All cooking show food goddesses do what it TAKES to make energy balls extra pretty, you know.
Where was I going with this? Oh yea.
DELICIOUS Apricot cashew bites bites BABY!
Yo man. Lets get out of here! Word to your mother!
Don’t ask me. It’s just in the song.
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened coconut flakes (optional)
- 1 Cup Roasted salted cashews (140g)
- 2 Cups Dried apricots (300g)
- 2 tsp Coconut oil, melted
- If using coconut flakes: preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spread the flakes on a baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, stirring occasionally, about 3-6 minutes. Watch them closely, as they burn quickly.
- Place the cashews in a large food processor and process until crumbly and broken down. Add in the dried apricots and process until well mixed and the mixture begins to form a sticky dough.
- With the food processor running, stream in the coconut oil. Process until it forms a ball.
- Use a 1 Tbsp measure to scoop the ball and roll into bites*. Roll in toasted coconut, if using, and place onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Chill for an hour or so until they lose their stick, and then place into a container to store in the refrigerator.
- DEVOUR as you need energy!
Tips & Notes:
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: SMART POINTS: 3 POINTS+: 2. OLD POINTS: 1
(per 1 bite)
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS! ????
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER, FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I would only recommend products I love. Thanks for supporting FFF!
Leave a Comment