Just wanted to let you know that these cheesy bowls of love are sponsored by my friends at Udi’s Gluten Free!
Let me introduce you to your healthy, easy lunch-loving-heart’s desire:
Ready-for-you bowls of creamy, cheesy, BLISS and HIDDEN VEGGIES.
It’s the kind of meal prep lunch that makes you REALLY excited to go to work because you know that, juuuuuuust as you’re feeling like you can’t do this “adulting-working-thing” ANYMORE, the lunch bell rings.
Do office jobs have lunch bells? Working from home as got me all messed up.
Either way. LUNCH BREAK HAPPENS and you sluggishly saunter to the refrigerator (sluggish because YOU HUNGRY) and you then remember that HEALTHY-VEGGIE PACKED, OOEY-GOOEY healthy mac and cheese, with slices of tender, JUICY chicken are awaiting your hungry self.
Imagine with me, this moment. It CAN happen in your VRY REAL working-person life.
Also, about lunch bells: I KNOW for a fact that they have these at schools. Liiiike, where your kiddos are juuuust about to go back to (if they haven’t already!) and sources tell me that they would also VERY MUCH like to experience this lunch moment in their not-so-adulting lives.
Sources = the fact that all the people on planet Earth who likes food (IE: EVERYONE) likes gluten free Mac and Cheese.[clickToTweet tweet=”Make Hidden Veggie #Healthy Mac & Cheese Meal Prep Bowls for Back To School! @Udisglutenfree” quote=”Make Hidden Veggie #Healthy Mac & Cheese Meal Prep Bowls for Back To School! @Udisglutenfree” theme=”style2″]
Especially when the cheesy-delicious situation at hand is Udi’s Gluten Free Mac & Cheese that is 100% ready-to-go AND ready-in-a-few-minutes. No need for busy-you to:
- Boil noodles
- Not know how many noodles to cook because WHO REALLY DOES
- Make too many noodles
- Eat noodles for days
- Invite friends over for noodle party due to SO MUCH NOODLES.
See how trying to do it yourself just involves TIME WASTED and WEIRD PASTA PARTIES.
Just let Udi’s do it for you. They’ve got the “gluten free thing” down YUMMILY.
I know you understand what mac and cheese is but “WHAT IS CAULIFLOWER ALFREDO?” You might ask.
Well, internet friends, it’s Alfredo’s MUCH healthier cousin, in the sense that it’s totally creamy and velvety smooth in the same way, but without ALL the cream and butter that we normally expect from Alfredo. It’s a thick and RICH sauce made from boiled and pureed cauliflower that combine with zesty garlic, golden-brown tender onions and salt.
THAT’S IT. THAT’S ALL.
Hidden veggie food bliss masquerading as your most favorite indulgent dinner.
A few reasons why cauliflower Alfredo is swirling its addictive, real-food-nutritious self into steaming bowls of melty, cheesy and perfectly AL DENTE noodles:
- Sneaky way to get YOU to eat more veggies. And, you know, LIKE IT.
- Sneaky way, the sequel, to get your KIDDOS to eat more veggies. See also: LOVE IT.
- It makes the already SUPER creamy mac & cheese stage of lunch-life that we are in, EVEN CREAMIER. LIKE WHOA.
I added some juicy, sliced chicken to my meal prep bowl because, as I mentioned in the chicken burrito bowl for meal prep and chicken satay meal prep bowls, I just REALLY like having good lean protein in the middle of my day. Keeps ya full until dinner, ya know?
Plus, you can swirl it around your mac and cheese, coating it in rich, thick and smooth, cheesy sauce that makes you feel like you’re eating the food-love-child of Mac & cheese AND chicken Alfredo pasta for lunch.
I feel like I don’t need to tell you that it’s the greatest food combination to ever enter the scene of your face.
- 1 1/2 Pounds Raw Chicken breast
- Salt, to taste
- 2 Cups Water
- 2 Cups Reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 Cups Cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- 1/2 Cup Onion, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp Garlic, minced
- 2 Containers Udi's Gluten Free Mac & Cheese
- Baby carrots
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and bake until no longer pink inside, about 25-30 minutes.
- Combine the water and broth in a large pot and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add in the cauliflower, cover and took until fork tender, about 10 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil up in a large pan on medium high heat. Add in the onion and garlic and cook until tender and golden brown. Transfer into a food processor.
- Once cooked, use a slotted spoon to transfer the cauliflower into the food processor. Add 2 Tbsp of the cooking liquid and puree until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides as necessary.
- Cook the Mac & Cheese according to package directions in the microwave. Peel back the plastic covering and divide the cauliflower mixture between the two trays, stirring in until well mixed. Season liberally with salt, tasting as you add it.
- Divide the Mac & Cheese between 6, 3-cup lunch containers. Slice the chicken and divide between the containers. Finally, add some baby carrots to each container.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve - up to 5 days.
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: SMART POINTS: 8 POINTS+: 7. OLD POINTS: 6
(per 1 bowl, carrots not included)