These no-bake cookies and cream paleo protein bars taste like the classic cookie! They’re a healthy, gluten free and portable snack for busy days or back to school lunch boxes, that are so easy to make!
What. A. Weekend.
Liiike, I’m actually GLAD its Monday because it’s probably gonna be LESS crazy than my supposed-to-be-relaxing weekend was.
Are you ready for a story?
- My camera (read: my BABY) has been BROKEN for over a month, and at the camera hospital. It was okay for the first 2 weeks because I gave away my future-child college fund to rent one so that I could still, YOU KNOW, have a blog.
Sorry future baby Taylor. Hope you don’t mind! #Priorities.
I figured it would not take that long to fix a tiny little broken USB port right? WRONG.
I had to send back that rental and wait 3 more weeks. Luckily, I work ahead so I had BACKUP. But, creating a gazillion recipes, knowing that one day in the future you are most likely going to have to shoot them ALL in 1 week is not fun. <– Still overwhelmed thinking about that.
My camera was SUPPOSED to be delivered on Friday. When they told me this it was like that moment when your teeth sink inside a batch of ooey-gooey freshly-baked chocolate chip paleo cookies. You know it right? This HYOOGE smile just creepily happens across your face and you CAN’T CONTROL IT.
In picture form: 😀 😀 😀 😀
Enter: me actually getting dressed because I KNEW that someone would be knocking at my door.
Enter me: sticking a post it note to my door that said “Hi Mr. Fedex man! If you’re seeing this, I just went to the gym and I PROMISE I will be back in an hour so can you PLEASE just leave the package at the door without signing? It would mean a lot. THANKS! 🙂 🙂 🙂 ”
Enter me: ….crying at the end of the day when there was NO PACKAGE.
Then a tracking number rains down magically to my inbox and – TO MY HORROR – the camera is trying to be delivered to my address THAT I DON’T LIVE AT ANYMORE.
Like, 5 hours away.
So, that is how I spent my Saturday. Stuck in Seattle traffic, driving 249029430920493 hours to get a camera and then coming home to drown my annoyance in Paleo Magic Cookie Bars (you may have seen this on Instagram.)
Aaaand then shooting about 249109420 recipes. O-N-E of them being these STUPID EASY, no-oven-required (HELLO) paleo protein bars.
Segue win? I think yes.
It wasn’t long ago that we had Paleo Homemade Protein Bars with Almond Butter. But, now, with it being hot and summer and MELTING-FACE-WEATHER and all, I decided that turning on your oven to get your muscles POWERED UP, is SO last season.
So, you know what’s shakin’? We NO-BAKIN’. <– Had too.
It also happens to be ALMOST back to school (crazy right!?) So I figured you might need some healthy gluten free snacks for kids! Liiiike THESE.
These sweet, chewy bars of milk-without-the-milk and cookies-because-there-are-actually-MICROWAVE-cookies taste similar to an Oreo. Minus all the questionable ingredients that you probably can’t pronounce. Basically, they’re the most PERFECT bar recipe.
Also. Repeat: COOKIES MADE IN THE MICROWAVE.
But, come on friends, I made you microwave peanut protein pancakes once. It was only a matter of TIME before the cookies in the microwave happened.
Once you microwave your rich-chocolatey cookie to crispy-crunchy-ready-in-one-minute YUMMINESS, you simply have to mix it into a batter full of a mish-mash of nutty almond and coconut flour, vanilla-scented protein powder and some apple sauce to hug it ALL together.
Then…THE MAGIC IS REALLY ABOUT TO HAPPEN: A layer of luscious, smoooth coconut whipped cream gets sandwiched between the cookie-and-protein-packed layers of chewy addiction for your snacking mouth.
My peeps. You are getting the TOTAL cookies n’ cream experience here. It’s kinda like these Gluten-Free Vegan Cookies and Cream Bars from Gluten Free Palate, but in SNACK form!
Except for you, if you don’t jump on the muscle-fueling-snack-eating-cool-kid train that everyone else is boarding.
Come join the cool kids.
We (literally) have cookies.
For the cookie:
- 1/4 Cup Almond flour 22g
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Coconut sugar
- 1 Tbsp Coconut flour
- 1 Tbsp Cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 Tbsp Coconut oil melted
- 2 tsp Unsweetened apple sauce
For the bars:
- 3/4 Cup Almond Flour 66g
- 3/4 Cup Grass-fed vanilla whey protein powder
- 3 Tbsp Coconut flour
- 3/4 Cup Unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 Tbsp Coconut oil melted
For the cream:
- 1/3 Cup Coconut cream softened to room temperature
- 1 Tbsp Coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp Honey
- In a small bowl whisk together the almond flour, coconut sugar, coconut flour, cocoa powder and salt for the cookie. Add in the melted coconut oil and apple sauce. Use your hands to mix until it forms a cookie-like dough.
- Line a microwave-safe plate with parchment paper and spread the cookie dough onto it, until it's very thin (about 1/8 inch thick.) If it's sticky, use a small piece of parchment paper to spread it out.
- Microwave until the edges just begin to dark and the cookie starts to bubble slightly, about 1 minute and 15-20 seconds. My microwave is 950 watts, so use that to judge how long to bake your cookie. Place into the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes, until it crisps up.
- Line an 8x8 inch pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang to use as a handle.
- In a large bowl, stir together the almond flour, protein powder and coconut flour. Add in the apple sauce and coconut oil and mix (hands is the easiest!) until a thick dough forms.
- Take the now-crispy cookie and crumble it up into the dough. Stir until well mixed.
- Press half of the dough into the bottom of the prepared pan, spreading out evenly.
- In a separate, small bowl, whisk together all of the cream ingredients. Spread evenly onto the bars. Place into the refrigerator and chill for 30 minutes, so that the cream can begin to set.
- Once set, press the remaining bar mixture on top, spreading out evenly.
- Cover and let the bars firm up for at least 4 hours-overnight.
- Once set, use the parchment handle to lift the bars out of the pan and slice into 12.
- DEVOUR. *
Tips & Notes:
Note: The cookies, as you would expect, go soft once mixed into the bars, but you still get that cookies and cream flavor!
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: SMARTPOINTS: 5 POINTS+: 4. OLD POINTS: 3
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS!
Want more paleo snacks?
Egg Muffins with Ham, Kale and Cauliflower Rice
Paleo Banana Bread with Chocolate and Almond Butter
Egg Muffins with Maple Sweet Potato Noodles
Paleo protein bars from around the web:
Superfood Protein Bars – A Clean Bake
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER,FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!
Leave a Comment