Just wanted to let you know that this dreamy dairy free paleo fudge made with cashews is sponsored by my friends over at Redmond Real Salt!
This easy, creamy, sugar free vegan fudge is topped with a naturally sweetened salted caramel and made in the freezer! Gluten free, grain free and paleo friendly too!
PIN Dairy Free Paleo Fudge Made With Cashews
A SERIOUS salty-sweet situation up in here today you guys.
Lemme just introduce you to your newest sweet-treat addiction. She’s got a SOLID foundation of creamy and velvety smooth, maple-swirled cashew butter with pops of crispy, roasty cashews for THE CRUNCH.
And her head is on VERY straight in the sense that it’s made of the CHEWIEST, naturally sweet caramel with flecks of crispy, crunchy salty vibes to balance it ALLLL out.
Liiike, it’s probably a little strange/awkward sounding to compare this paleo fudge recipe to a well-rounded, grounded little lady, but when has weird comparisons ever stopped me before?
If I asked you to choose between salty and sweet, I bet you would probably have an answer that comes to mind RIGHT AWAY. Maybe you’re one of those people that can’t keep your hands out of the bag of tortilla chips? Or, maybe, your hands are in the eggless chocolate chip cookies jar?
TRU confession: I’ve got one hand in E-A-C-H.
Salty? I LOVE IT. Sweet? ALL DAY E’RY DAY. <– I CANNOT CHOSE.
Because I don’t have decision making down very well, causing me to experience extreme FOMO when asked to choose between salty or sweet (what if I make the wrong choice! What if I actually wanted the other option!) I decided that you may also feel this way.[clickToTweet tweet=”Snack attack? You need a square of #paleo & #vegan salted caramel cashew fudge! @realsalt” quote=”Snack attack? You need a square of #paleo & #vegan salted caramel cashew fudge! @realsalt” theme=”style2″]
So, this dairy free paleo fudge with cashews is JUST as much for you as for me.
‘Cause, real talk, if it’s wrong to want to eat salty bursts, mingling with sweet swirls at the same time, I DON’T WANT TO BE RIGHT.
This dairy free fudge recipe though? It’s so. SO. RIGHT:
- Made with SRSLY simple, pantry-essential ingredients. <– when you’re done reading this post, Imma bet you can probably make these happen in your real-person-wanna-eat-fudge-right-NOW life.
- Like the sugar free paleo vegan pumpkin fudge AND Raspberry Paleo Coconut Oil Fudge it does it “fudge thing” (whatever that means) in the FREEZER. No candy thermometer required.
Unless you’re on the Food Network, I can imagine that, like me, you do not have one of these just lying around.
- Texture OVERLOAD –> creamy cashew butter, crunchy cashews, chewy date caramel and CRISPY Redmond Real Salt Kosher Salt flakes!
You remember this a single-sourced sea salt from Utah with healthy, beneficial trace minerals and a FULL flavor, with a hint of natural sweetness, from the creamy basil pesto chicken pasta meal prep bowls and paleo baked zucchini fritters, yes?
Real Salt Kosher Sea Salt flakes are the perfect size to give you that punchy, salty burst as you chew through each blissful-bite of this dairy free paleo fudge made with cashews.
BUUUT not SO big that it’s SALTIER then sweet, if you get what I’m sayin’. Perfectly balanced flavor profiles, my internet friends.
And, uhhhh, date caramel with salty flecks? It’s my favorite. <3 <3
We first fell head over taste buds in love with date caramel when we shoved it in our faces in the form of homemade Twix bars and salted date stuffed cookies. Blending the naturally sweet, chewy dates with just a little splash of heart-healthy coconut oil and almond milk, magically turns them into that sticky-sweet, chewy GOLD, without having to risk burning sugar, using aforementioned candy thermometer, or really doing ANY WORK.
It’s preeee much fail proof.
Kinda like the satisfaction level of your late-night snack sesh…
If a few squares of dreamy fudge are the STAR.
- 1 Cup Natural, creamy cashew butter
- 3 Tbsp Maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp Roasted cashews, diced
- 1 Cup Dates, halved (145g)
- 1/2 Tbsp Coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 Tbsp Hot Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 tsp Redmond Real Salt Kosher Sea Salt
- In a small pot on medium heat, combine the cashew butter and maple syrup until smooth and creamy, stirring frequently. You don't want to burn the bottom.
- Once melted, press into the prepared pan. Sprinkle with the roasted cashews and press them into the cashew butter firmly.
- Place the dates in a small, microwave-safe bowl and microwave until hot, but not burned, about 1 minutes
- Add the hot dates into a SMALL food processor (mine is 3 cups ) and use the "chop" setting until they are broken down into small pieces. Then, turn to the "puree" setting until the dates are creamy and begin to form a ball.
- With the food processor running, stream in the coconut oil and HOT almond milk (I just microwaved it for 30 secs-1 minute) until the dates are broken down, sticky and smooth. Scrape down the sides as needed.
- Drop the caramel in spoonfuls over top of the cashew butter (don't drop it in one big chunk, or it's harder to spread) and spread out evenly. I find using VERY lightly damp fingers is the easiest to do this! Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Cover and freeze at least 2 hours.
- Cut into squares and DEVOUR! *
Tips & Notes:
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
Stay in touch with Redmond Real Salt on social media for other tasty recipes:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: FREESTYLE SMARTPOINTS: 5 POINTS+: 4 OLD POINTS: 3
(per 1 square, based on recipe making 18 squares.)