This egg muffin recipe has all the buffalo chicken taste you love in a super easy and healthy, portable breakfast! Perfect for busy, on-the-go mornings!
Buffalo Chicken for you. And Buffalo Chicken for me.
Just kidding. None for you. All for me.
When the stakes are in the form of a cute little egg muffin recipe that is packed with spicy, protein-a-licious goodness, this girl does NOT SHARE.
Do you remember that time we ate Buffalo Chicken Paleo Sweet Potato Hash AND buffalo chicken meatballs together? WELL, those two spicy, delicious creations basically caused me to want to eat some sort of buffalo chicken every day for all the evers that I have left on the earth. <–Just over here making Crock Pot Low Carb Buffalo Chicken Soup for dinner EVERYDAY.
Since my age is only 2 + 4 (Like 24, not 6. Although my lack of sharing abilities may say otherwise) that is A LOT of evers.
Or…so I hope.
So. Are you confused by the term “Egg muffin” or have you made your fair share of these easy, perfect-for-on-the-go-munchin’ little treats.
An “egg muffin recipe” is sort of like a mini quiche, except without the cream. And “egg muffin” is way more fun to say.
But, keep that between you and me. I don’t want to go around hurting any quiche feelings you know?
No. You don’t.
And, neither do I.
Back to this egg muffin recipe.
If you’re like me, breakfast can be a tough meal. I know that I HAVE to eat it, and my tummy also tells me that it needs FOOD NOW in the mornings. But, between trying to shower, do my hair, makeup etc, it’s hard to squeeze in the extra time to sit down and eat.
ENTER Buffalo Wing Egg Cups. You can make these a few days ahead and then eat them as you DRIVE to work.
Look at you multitasking!
Don’t eat them WHILE you drive. You know, eat them at stop lights.
Hands at 10 and 2 people.
And the best part about these? I bet you have all the ingredients on hand. Like, right now.
And, can I throw a little something out there? GAME DAY SNACKAGE.
You know what I’m talking about.
- 9 slices Deli Turkey Breast
- 1/4 cup Reduced Fat Shredded Cheddar Cheese Plus 2 tablespoons
- 3 tablespoons Green Onion Diced
- 2 Eggs
- 6 Egg Whites
- 1/4 cup Buffalo Wing Sauce Plus additional for drizzling (optional)
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400°F and generously spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Cut 3 of the Turkey slices in half, and then line 6 cavities of the muffin tray with 1 1/2 slices of the turkey meat, trying to cover any holes in the meat.
- Place 1 tablespoon of grated cheese and 1/2 tablespoon of diced green onion in the center of each muffin cavity.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, egg whites and buffalo sauce. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Divide the egg mixture between the muffin cavities, filling almost to the top.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until the eggs have puffed up and feel set.
- Sprinkle with additional buffalo wing sauce, if desired, and DEVOUR.
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.