This Homemade Pecan Butter Recipe is SO easy and only 2 ingredients! Naturally gluten free, keto, vegan, paleo. And SO tasty!
Fun fact: you are going to want to spread this on your whole life.
It’s no secret that I am a nut butter fanatic. I eat it every day.
But, this might be my new “go to” because it is the easiest, quickest recipe ever! It’s even better than my beloved pumpkin seed butter.
Is Pecan Butter Good For You?
If you know me at all, you’ll know that I’m a fanatic about many things, one of them being NUT BUTTER. I love spreading it, I love dipping snacks into it, I love just eating it straight out of the jar. I just adore it and I know you’re going to love this pecan butter recipe as much as I do.
And just wait- there’s MORE! Not only is this nut butter delicious, loaded with protein and addictive, it also has quite a few health benefits that will make you feel good about choosing it. Pecan Butter is definitely a healthy and nourishing choice! Check out these facts about pecans:
- Improve digestion: since pecans are fiber-dense, they help keep things moving!
- Increase Metabolism: Pecans are high in several B complex vitamins that improve the speed of your metabolism!
- Heart Healthy: pecans contain monounsaturated fats such as oleic acid and phenolic antioxidants that help reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Anti-Inflammatory: They are rich in magnesium which is known to reduce inflammation in the body. This may reduce the risk of alzheimer’s disease, arthritis, cardiovascular disease, and general ailments caused by inflammation.
- Skin and Hair Benefits: Vitamin E, Vitamin A, Zinc, Folate and Phosphorous will all work to keep your skin and hair healthy and strong!
Why this Pecan Nut Butter Rocks
Are you sold on this raw pecan nut butter yet? Are you gonna try it over your go to cashew butter recipe? If you’re still needing some convincing, no sweat-I’m gonna make you a believer right here and now. Something I that scores major points with most people in the recipe department is if the recipe is easy.
Well good news here- this delicious nut butter is SO simple to make because it uses minimal ingredients that you may already have kicking around in your pantry. Not only is it easy to make, but it’s super FAST too, so if you’re in a pinch and want to make some nut butter, it’s not complicated at all! As if that wasn’t enough, it’s also downright delicious. Spread this nut butter on ALL THE FOODS- you really can’t go wrong!
How to Make Pecan Butter
Making this delicious nut butter is, like I’ve mentioned, SUPER simple! Make sure you follow all the directions, as you don’t want to skip over toasting the pecans! It adds SO much flavor!
Set your oven to 350 and let it preheat. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the pecans out on the pan. Let the nuts toast in your preheated oven for about 5-10 minutes, until they smell nutty and are golden brown.
Transfer the toasted pecans to the food processer along with the salt and cinnamon and blend until smooth on the fastest setting. This should take 3-5 minutes.
Transfer to an air tight container and store at room temperature. Yup- that’s IT!
Although this tasty homemade nut butter is absolutely AMAZING all on it’s own, it’s sometimes fun to add in some extras to make it THAT much better! You could add a touch of warmth by adding a dash of cinnamon and a sprinkle of nutmeg to the food processor, or consider pulsing in some chocolate chips for a rich and decadent pecan nut butter!
Top Tips for making Pecan Nut Butter
- Use a Food Processor: While a blender will work for this recipe, it’s a little more tricky to scrape down the sides while pulsing. That’s why I recommend using a food processor to make this nut butter.
- Be Patient: Nuts can be known to take a while to release their oils when processing so you’ll need to be patient while breaking them down. But don’t worry- in very little time, you will have a smooth and indulgent, delicious homemade nut butter to enjoy!
- Scrape down the sides: You will need to stop the processor often to scrape down the sides with a rubber spatula. This will ensure that everything gets broken down evenly so that the nut butter is smooth!
Are you shocked? I was at first, too- such an easy recipe that results in something that tastes this BOMB can be hard to find. Go ahead and eat this right out of the jar by the spoonful, or check out these ideas to drizzle and spread it on:
- High Protein Banana Bread Recipe and Low Carb Keto Banana Bread recipe would be extra YUM with a thick layer of this pecan butter spread over top!
- Drizzle over Dairy Free Vegan Shortbread Cookies, Vegan Gluten Free Brownie Cookies with Walnuts, or Brown Butter Oatmeal Cookies with Chocolate Chunks
- Drizzle onto fresh fruit to spice it up a bit, or over Baked Bananas.
- Simply spread it on some air fryer toast!
How to store Homemade Nut Butter
This nut butter will last up to a month when stored properly. I recommend using a rubber spatula to scoop it into a container, then seal it so that it is airtight. Place it in the fridge and chill until you’re ready to spread and drizzle it on ALL THE FOODS.
Other Healthy Pecan Recipes
- 2 Cups Pecans (190g)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Pinch of Cinnamon
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees and spread the pecans on a baking sheet. Bake until lightly golden brown and nutty smelling, about 5-10 minutes.
- Transfer the pecans to a food processor, along with the salt and cinnamon and blend on the fastest setting until smooth, about 3-5 minutes.
- Transfer to an air-tight container and store at room temperature.
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!