This Sugar Free Low Carb Keto Pecan Pie is an easy, better for you holiday dessert that no one will believe is healthy, gluten free and sugar free too!
PIN Sugar Free Low Carb Keto Pecan Pie
Ahhhh tis the season for PECAN PIE!
You guys know I love it.
I’ve made it for you in the form of pumpkin spice paleo vegan pecan pie bars, plain pecan pie bars, and we even got a little crazy and made pecan pie healthy stuffed sweet potatoes and vegan pecan pie overnight oats.
Just like sweet potato casserole, it’s one of my favorite discoveries since moving to the USA!
How to Make Gluten Free Pie Crust
Now, you may be wondering how to make a flaky, delicious pie crust that is also gluten free. Fear not- all that buttery, flaky goodness is still gonna be there when you use my low carb paleo almond flour pie crust recipe! It is sure to be a crowd pleaser!
This crust will be the perfect addition to your sugar free pecan pie! Here’s how you’re going to make it:
In a large bowl, mix together your almond flour, coconut flour, tapioca starch, salt and sweetener. Cut in 5 Tbsp of VERY cold butter that is diced into small pieces. Once your butter is broken down into small pieces, add in 1 egg yolk and 2 tsp of VERY cold, ice water.
Use your hands to mix until it forms a ball. Pat it into a disc, wrap with plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours.
To roll out this pie crust, you’ll want to roll it between 2 layers of parchment paper to just under ¼ inch thick. Gently flip the parchment paper over a parchment lined 9-inch pie plate and very gently pull the parchment off, using your hands to fix any cracks.
Poke holes all over the bottom and bake until golden brown! Let cool and USE!
Sugar Free Low Carb Keto Pecan Pie Ingredients
Now that we’ve got the crust sorted, let’s round up the ingredients that we need!
- 1 Almond Flour Pie Crust- see above for the link to my recipe!
- Powdered Monkfruit Sweetener
- Unsalted Butter
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Large Eggs
- Maple Extract (This girl loves her Canadian roots!)
How to Make Sugar Free Low Carb Keto Pecan Pie
Deeeelish! Now here’s how to combine these ingredients into the perfect Thanksgiving sugar free pecan pie.
Whisk together the butter and sweetener on medium-high heat. Cook, while whisking frequently, until the mixture is browned and bubbly, about 5-7 minutes. Once golden, add in the cream and whisk constantly until you reach a light simmer.
Let the mixture simmer for about 8 minutes, until it thickens. Then remove it from heat and let it rest for about 30 minutes.
Prepare the Pecans
While the filling mixture is cooling, preheat your oven to 350 and spread the pecans on a large baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until toasted. Roughly chop the nuts and set aside.
Finish the Filling
Once the cooked mixture has cooled, whisk in the eggs, salt and extracts until combined. Stir in the pecans.
Fill your pie crust with the filling and bake for about 30 minutes, or until filling is set. Let cool until room temperature, then cover and refrigerate overnight.
The next day, slice and enjoy!
How to Freeze Pecan Pie
If you’re hoping to free up some time for prepping other tasty food before Thanksgiving, you can absolutely use this keto pecan pie recipe and freeze the pies before the big day! Here’s how.
- Pour the pie filling into your pie crust and pop it in the freezer, uncovered. Make sure that the pie is on a level surface so it freezes evenly.
- After about 2-3 hours, your pie should be frozen solid! Grab it out of the freezer, cover it with 2 layers of plastic wrap and one layer of aluminum foil, then toss it back in the freezer
it’s as simple as that! Your keto pies can be removed from the freezer when it’s go time and baked from frozen, for 30 minutes longer than the recipe specifies!
Keto Thanksgiving Desserts
- Pumpkin Sugar Free Low Carb Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Low Carb keto Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Paleo Low Carb Sugar Free Pumpkin Pie
Other Healthy Fall Desserts:
- 1 Almond flour pie crust *Read notes to get the link to the recipe
- 2/3 Cup Powdered erythritol sweetener (I used swerve)
- 6 Tbsp Unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 Cups Heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 Cups Pecans
- 2 Large eggs
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Maple extract
- In a large, high sided frying pan set on medium low heat, whisk together the sweetener and butter. Cook, whisking frequently, until the mixture is golden brown, about 5-7 minutes.
- Once golden, add in the creamy while constantly whisking and bring to a light simmer.
- Simmer, stirring frequently, until the mixture just begins to thicken, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool for 30 mins
- While it cools, heat your oven to 350 degrees and spread the pecans on a large baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown and toasted. Then, roughly chop them and set aside.
- Once the mixture has cooled a bit, add in the eggs, salt and extracts and whisk until smooth. Stir in the pecans.
- Pour the filling into the cooled pie crust and bake until the top feels set, about 30 minutes. Let cool to room temperature and then cover and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, slice and DEVOUR!
Tips & Notes:
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: FREESTYLE SMART POINTS: 13 POINTS+: 10 OLD POINTS: 9
(Per 1/12 of the pie)
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!