This Paleo Low Carb Sugar Free Pumpkin Pie is SO delicious, you will never know it’s dairy and gluten free and only 200 calories! Everyone will want this recipe!
PIN Paleo Low Carb Sugar Free Pumpkin Pie
Oh, PIE there! How are you today?
If you read the title of this recipe then I’m thinking your answer to that question is “VRY VRY GOOD RIGHT NOW, THANKS FOR ASKING” ‘cause, uhhh, a LOW CARB pumpkin pie recipe is peeking RIGHT AT YOU.
You. GUYS. For the first time in my (almost!) 28 years of life, I might not have words. This low sugar pumpkin pie is:
- Super smooth and lusciously creamy
- Sitting on the BEST low carb paleo almond flour pie crust that is JUST SO FLAKY, BUTTERY and GOOD that you might want to eat it by itself
- it’s a Gluten free, paleo friendly, lower carb, sugar free A-N-D dairy-free pumpkin pie.
Not that I am in ANY way shape or form against having the “normal” kind of not at all “healthified” pumpkin pie during the holidays, but THIS paleo pumpkin pie JUST might rival it. Kind of like how the low carb keto pumpkin muffins rivaled normal pumpkin muffins. JUST TOO GOOD.
The Best Healthy Pumpkin Pie
It’s that good. I had millions of people (really: like 3, because that is the amount of people I actually know in my real person life *blush*) try it and they all agreed that this could very easily join the ranks of the ELITE pumpkin pies on your Thanksgiving table among the sea of healthy Thanksgiving sides.
Mr. FFF even said it was SO good WITHOUT whipped cream. For context: when I first asked him to try it without he almost WOULD NOT because apparently, he “had no idea what pumpkin pie should taste like without whipped cream, and to even ask him to try it like that was an abomination to the world of pumpkin pie.”
And you guys thought I was dramatic, didn’t you?
Just so thankful for whoever decided to invent pie crust (so buttery! So salty! SO YUMMY) and then fill it with a sweet and spicy pumpkin custard, baking it into the iconic and pretty much perfect, cozy fall dessert that it is.
If I knew them, I would TOTALLY let them be my fourth friend.
Is pumpkin low carb?
Pumpkin is considered a low carb food because many of its carbohydrates come from fiber and fiber doesn’t raise blood glucose levels like active carbs do.
Of course, pumpkin is usually mixed with lots of sugar which is NOT low carb! But since this is a SUGAR FREE pumpkin pie recipe, it’s suitable for lower carb diets
What can I use instead of monkfruit?
I have not tested anything other than monkfruit in this paleo low carb sugar free pumpkin pie, but you should be able to use your favorite sugarless sweetener! I wouldn’t recommend using real sugar as it does release moisture and could mess up the consistency and make your crust soggy! ICK.
How long to bake pumpkin pie
You only want to bake this pumpkin pie for 45-50 minutes MAX (in a non-convection oven.) The middle should still have a good bit of jiggle and a knife inserted about 1 inch from the crust should come out clean!
I learned the hard way MANY TIMES. We ate A LOT of overbaked, tough paleo low carb sugar free pumpkin pie that pulled away from the crusts one cooled in the last few weeks.
Those pies were NOT joining the elite pie club that doesn’t actually exist. BUT SHOULD.
Now that you’re prepped to join the ranks of the people with pie-prowess, I think you’re ready to go forth into the world of Thanksgiving magic, armed with spicy-sweet-flaky pumpkin pie BLISS.
Whipped cream optional but HIGHLY recommended.
Other Recipes You Might Like:
- 1 Can Canned pumpkin puree (15 oz)
- 1/2 Cup Monkfruit
- 1/2 Cup Full-fat canned coconut milk
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp Ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp Ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Ground cloves
- Generous pinch of salt
- 1 Low Carb Pie Crust, cooled (Click for recipe)
- Pre heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk all the ingredients together in a large bowl and pour into the prepared, cooled pie crust.
- Lightly tent the pie with tinfoil so the crust doesn't further brown and place into the oven. Bake until the center just has a little jiggle, and a knife inserted an inch from the crust comes out clean, about 45-50 minutes. Turn the oven off, crack the oven door and let the pumpkin pie sit inside for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, let the pie cool on the counter COMPLETELY for 2 hours, then refrigerate for at least 1 hour. *
- Serve with sugar free whipped cream (if desired) and DEVOUR!
Tips & Notes:
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: FREESTYLE SMART POINTS: 6 POINTS+: 5. OLD POINTS: 5
(Per 1/10 of the pie)
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!