Just wanted to let you know that these spicy-sweet gingersnap chocolate paleo magic cookie bars are sponsored by my friends over at Enjoy Life Foods!
These gluten free and vegan Magic Bars have spicy-sweet, cozy festive flavor and are easy to make! Perfect for the holidays!
Pin Gingersnap Chocolate Paleo Magic Cookie Bars
Spicy-sweet ginger snap cookie flavors, melty chocolate chips AND notes of coffee.
ALL IN ONE.
It IS the TRIFECTA of good food and general AWESOMENESS.
Not to mention the RIDICULOUSLY cozy flavors of molasses, ginger and cinnamon with little undertones of swirly coffee YUMMINESS in your mouth that make you feel like you’re munching on a freshly-dipped-in-coffee healthy ginger snap cookie but YOU ARE NOT.
Real talk: if you don’t eat a healthy ginger snap with a cup of coffee, did you even REALLY eat one?
I’ll let you be the judge of that.
Not that I EVER want to be the one to take your coffee away from you, and risk you hating me forever and ever the end, but you don’t NEED to brew a pot if a little gingersnap paleo bars action happens in your life.
With teensy tinsy, unexpected chocolate chips that EXPLODE in your mouth as your tongue tingles with the rich, SPICY and JUST SO PERFECTLY ooey-gooey, sticky-sweet coconut milk shenanigans.
The holidays are a good time to:
- Show the ones that you care about that you LOVE THEM
- Bake cookies
- Eat said cookies for breakfast because #LIVINGYOURBESTCHRISTMASLIFE
Don’t lie. Having a surplus of whipped gluten free shortbread is your favorite part of the holidays because you can just tell yourself that waking up to a cookie-breakfast-situation is just you doing your part in making sure there is ZERO food waste.
NO SHAME IN YOUR COOKIE EATING GAME.
Pro tip: eat them alongside a Ginger Snap Cookie Steamer Drink for basically the most magical morning EVER.
And, when we’re talking gingersnap chocolate paleo magic cookie bars, we’re hitting all 3 of these very holiday appropriate things to do in the sense that
- They’re cookies
- They have coffee which means you SHOULD eat them for breakfast and
- They’re yummy and made with wholesome, real food! Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips I am looking AT U.
Just like pumpkin spice eggless chocolate chip cookies and paleo chocolate avocado cake, Enjoy Life Foods baking chocolate is adding the most craveable, the most ADDICTIVE and altogether AMAZING chocolate bursts to these spicy-sweet little beauties.
No weird ingredients to see here friends. Just pure, wholesome, real-food GOODNESS.
Liiike, the kind that you can feel GOOD about feeding your fam-jam, which will make them feel all kinds of cozy love-y vibes in both their hearts AND their stomachs.
These little cookie bar gems also give you another, yet totally opposite, opportunity to do something seasonally appropriate:
Tap into your inner “Grinch person” soul.
‘Cause, liiike, you might (read: will) just be wanting to keep them ALL FOR YOURSELF.
Hoping you look good in green.
Other Recipes You Might Like:
Gingersnap Chocolate Paleo Magic Cookie Bars
For the topping:
- Pre heat your oven to 350 degrees and place the pecans onto a small baking sheet. Cook until golden brown and toasted, about 8-10 minutes. Roughly chop and set aside.
- In a large pot, set over high heat, whisk together all of the "topping" ingredients. Bring the mixture to a boil and boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Then, turn the heat down to medium and and simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring frequently, until the sauce reduced by about half.
- Transfer the sauce to a large measuring cup to cool while you make the crust. Note: You should have about 1 1/4 cups of sauce left after cooking it. ** READ NOTES. Make sure to stir occasionally as it cools.
- Line an 8x8 inch pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang up the sides to use as a handle when you de-pan the bars. Note: It helps to spray the bottom of the pan with spray before putting in the parchment paper, to secure it.
- In a large bowl, using an electric hand mixer, beat the coconut oil and honey until smooth and creamy. Stir in the flour, coffee and pinch of salt until a wet dough forms.
- Press the dough evenly into the bottom of the pan. This will be a little bit tough, just be patient with it. I found it easiest to use the palms of my hands, and rinse them off every so often, until the dough was pressed in.
- Bake the crust just until lightly golden brown, about 7-8 mins.
- As soon as the crust comes out of the often***, sprinkle the chopped nuts on top, and lightly press them into the crust. Then, sprinkle on the chocolate chips.
- Pour the slightly cooled coconut milk mixture EVENLY over the top of the surface. Then, gently shake the pan around until the coconut milk mixture begins to sink between the layers.
- Place into the oven and bake until the sides are lightly golden brown, about 27-28 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool to room temperature. Then, cover with tinfoil and refrigerate overnight. ****
- The next day, run a sharp knife around the edges of the pan, and pull the bars out with the parchment paper handles.
- Slice into bars and DEVOUR
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY MY FRIENDS AT ENJOY LIFE FOODS. THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO CONTINUE CREATING GREAT CONTENT FOR YOU BY SUPPORTING PARTNERSHIPS WITH SUPER-FAB BRANDS THAT FOOD FAITH FITNESS LOVES TO WORK WITH! AS ALWAYS, OPINIONS REMAIN 100% MY OWN!
Weight Watchers Points Per Serving: Freestyle SmartPoints: 9 Points+: 5. Old Points: 4
(per 1 bar, based on the recipe making 16)
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!