Just wanted to let you know that this rich, deep paleo chocolate avocado cake with coconut flour is sponsored by my friends over at Enjoy Life Foods!
This Chocolate Avocado Cake Recipe is SO fluffy and moist you’ll never believe it’s butter and oil free! The BEST healthy chocolate cake!
PIN Paleo Chocolate Avocado Cake with Coconut Flour
Is there really anything better than that moment where Mom let you lick the beaters after she made frosting as a child?
And, liiike, since we’re adults and can make our own life choices, we get to lick the beaters WHENEVER we want. We could even make a bowl of just frosting and call it dinner if we so pleased.
Which – spoiler alert – you’re going to want to do when the CREAMY swirls of the RICH, deep and INTENSE chocolate ganache, crowning the top of this FLUFFY chocolate cake, dance across your taste buds.
Internet friends, I think we’re getting ahead of ourselves though. While I love a good bowl of frosting situation, it’s probably the wisest life-choice to actually have something to put aforementioned bowl of frosting on, don’t you think? And this gluten and dairy free chocolate cake is IT.
Of course, a spoon OR your finger could be considered “something to put it on” but we’re pretending that we’re more civilized than that for just a second.
Have you ever heard the saying “you can’t please everyone, you’re not an avocado?” I wholeheartedly believe that truer words have NEVER been spoken so this AVOCADO chocolate cake? PLEASING ME! Pleasing YOU!
Baking with avocado is pleasing everyone in the world who likes cake which is, well, EVERYONE of the universe.[click_to_tweet tweet=”Make your day better with a slice of oiless #paleo chocolate avocado cake! @enjoylifefoods #EatFreely #Glutenfree #DairyFree” quote=”Make your day better with a slice of oiless #paleo chocolate avocado cake! @enjoylifefoods #EatFreely #Glutenfree #DairyFree” theme=”style2″]
Confession time though: I told you on Instagram last month that I don’t really like chocolate cake. Just like paleo banana bread, it just has this weird texture to me and I haven’t been able to get past it for all almost-28 years of my life. I was that sad girl at birthday parties, sitting in the corner wishing she could partake in the chocolate birthday cake situation with all the other kiddos but, alas, I was forced to be a chocolate-cake-hating-outcast.
Painful memories my friends. Also, memories that are not true.
I just wanted to see if you would believe me.
However, when I tell you that THIS avocado cake recipe was the ONE to make me fall HEAD OVER TASTE BUDS in love with the tender, FLUFFY and PERFECTLY indulgent chocolate + cake combo, you had BEST believe me.
I’m thinking it has something to do with the DOUBLE dose of Enjoy Life Foods Baking Chocolate, which I fell in love with when we made that chocolate vegan crepe cake, AND dairy free vegan chocolate truffles swirling between all T-H-R-E-E (!!) layers of cake and deeply-intense WHIPPED CHOCOLATE GANACHE. <– Which is exactly like what you would imagine eating little chocolate-y clouds would be like.
All their products are allergy friendly Non-GMO, gluten free and made with natural ingredients! I LOVE their chocolate because it’s deliciously dairy-free and comes in a few different sizes <– OBSESSED with the mega chunks. Liiike, one as a snack to end the day? PURE. BLISS
The semi-sweet chocolate in the paleo chocolate avocado cake with coconut flour adds a little dose of much-needed sweetness to all the dark cocoa going on, while the dark morsels just melllllt into the CREAMIEST, dreamiest ganache that you could ever even think about in your chocolate-loving brain.
Before you even ask, NO you cannot taste the avocado in this paleo chocolate avocado cake with coconut flour. Like the paleo German chocolate cake and healthy chocolate chip cookies this avocado blends into each nook and cranny, adding a HIGH LEVEL of moistness and a little bit of denseness.
Almost like a cross between a brownie and a paleo gluten free chocolate cake.
Do yourself a favor and try a slice of paleo chocolate avocado cake with coconut flour right from the fridge. The chilly fridge action does this crazy addicting thing, making the cake just a touch denser and it’s just TOO GOOD FOR WORDS.
Dense. DEEP. DELICIOUS.
Chocolate cake for the SOUL.
Other Recipes You Might Like:
For the cake:
- 1 1/2 Cups VERY ripe avocado, mashed (360g)
- 3/4 Cup Full fat coconut milk
- 1 1/2 Cups Coconut sugar
- 9 Eggs, separated (at room temperature)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Vanilla
- 1 Cup + 2 Tbsp Coconut flour, sifted (99g) *
- 1 Cup + 2 Tbsp Tapioca starch (135g)
- 3/4 Cup Cocoa powder (make sure its not lumpy)
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 6 Oz Enjoy Life Foods Semi-Sweet Mega Chunks, Finely chopped
For the ganache: **
- 1 1/2 Cups Full-fat coconut milk
- 3 Tbsp Honey
- 12 Oz Enjoy Life Foods Dark Chocolate Morsels
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line 3 9-inch cake pans with parchment paper on the bottom, rubbing the sides generously with coconut oil.
- Place the avocado and coconut milk into a food processor (I used a small, 3-cup one) and blend until VERY smooth. Place into a large bowl.
- Add in the coconut sugar, egg yolks (make sure the whites are in a separate bowl) and vanilla and beat, using an electric hand mixer, until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut flour, tapioca starch, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Add it into the wet ingredients and blend on low speed until combined. Fold in the chopped chocolate.
- Clean the beaters off VERY well and beat the egg whites until they form stiff peaks, about 5-6 minutes. Fold them into the batter a little bit at a time, very gently. You want no white streaks to remain.
- Divide the batter evenly between the prepared pans and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 25-30 minutes. Let cool COMPLETELY before frosting.
To make the frosting:
- While the cake bakes, pour the coconut milk and honey in a large pot and set it on medium heat. When the milk looks like it is JUST about to boil (do not let it boil) remove from the heat and add in chocolate morsels. Let stand for 30 seconds, without stirring the chocolate.
- After 30 seconds are up, gently whisk the chocolate into the milk until it's smooth and well combined. Pour into a bowl, cover the top with saran (allowing the saran to stick right to the chocolate so it doesn't develop a skin in the refrigerator) refrigerate until it's cool to the touch, but still a little bit liquid - about 1-2 hours.
- Once the frosting is cooled, use an electric hand mixer to whip it until it just begins to lighten in color and just holds its shape - only 30 seconds or so. It thickens up quickly! If it thickens too much, you can always pop it in the microwave for a few seconds.
- Place your cake bottom-side up on a pedestal. Spread a lightly heaping 1/2 cup of the ganache on top and repeat with a second layer (using an offset spatula will help A LOT!)
- Place the final layer on top and spread a thin coat of ganache all over the cake - this is the crumb coat. Refrigerate until the crumb coat feels set, about 30 minutes.
- Spread the remainder of the ganache all over the cake.
- Slice and DEVOUR!
Tips & Notes:
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY MY FRIENDS AT ENJOY LIFE FOODS. THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO CONTINUE CREATING GREAT CONTENT FOR YOU BY SUPPORTING PARTNERSHIPS WITH SUPER-FAB BRANDS THAT FOOD FAITH FITNESS LOVES TO WORK WITH! AS ALWAYS, OPINIONS REMAIN 100% MY OWN!
(per 1 slice, based off the cake making 12 slices)
STAY IN DA KNOW WITH THINGS GOING ON AT FFF (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!