Just wanted to let you know that these summery, sweet bars are sponsored by my friends at Nature Nates!
These healthy tropical paleo magic cookie bars are loaded with coconut, pineapple, macadamia nuts and lime juice for a dairy, grain and gluten free summer treat!
Crispy, crunchy, coconut-y crust exploding with OOEY-GOOEY, tangy coconut sauce and bursts of toasty macadamia nuts and sweet, JUICY pineapple.
MHM MHM MHM. There is MOST definitely a reason why they call these “Magic Bars.”
Although, I vote we change it to “magic in YOUR MOUTH bars.” Thoughts? Opinions?
I knew you would like it.
Elephant in the room. This is the FIFTH flavor of magic bar that we have shoveled into our sweet-delicious-AND-HEALTHY food loving faces this side of the internet. There’s been plain paleo magic cookie bars, pumpkin spice paleo magic cookie bars, carrot cake magic cookie bars A-N-D chocolate paleo magic cookie bars with strawberry.
We even got festive at Christmas and ate gingersnap chocolate paleo magic cookie bars!
Probably don’t even NEED to tell you this, but, Magic Bars are VRY VRY obviously my most favorite thing to make for you of all the things on planet earth.
Also, you RLY RLY like them ALL, so I feel like you’re not mad about the obsession. Liiike, at ALL.[clickToTweet tweet=”Celebrate Summer with some healthy tropical #paleo magic cookie bars! @NatureNates” quote=”Celebrate Summer with some healthy tropical #paleo magic cookie bars! @NatureNates” theme=”style2″]
Reason numero dos why ALL the summer flavors are mish-mashing into the ULTIMATE of magical-summer-bar-dessert-perfection in front of your very eyes right now: I am SUPER excited about a new partnership with Nature Nate’s 100% Pure Raw and Unfiltered Honey!
Over the next few months, you’ll be seeing the sticky-sweet and TOTALLY in-it’s-most-natural-form honey popping up in some SUPER delish dessert recipes. <– Stay tuned. Like, eyeballs glued to screen kinda tuned.
COMIT to the “being tuned.”
Nature Nate’s sticks to strict quality control standards, and sources their honey from trusted beekeepers who use 100% American bees, AND minimally processes it. It’s a triple-threat that keeps ALL the natural benefits inside the honey, exactly as nature intended it.
What I am most excited for though? They’re a faith-based company!
Nate has gone on 100+ mission trips all over the world and the core motivation for the way he lives his life, both personally and professionally, is his faith. He ALSO encourages his staff to live this out as well, and weaves faith into everything at Nature Nate’s – Psalm 119:103 is even right on the bottle!
Their goal is to honor God by providing healthy products to YOU. I ❤❤❤ SO MUCH.
The raw honey in these bars give them these really addicting, natural flavor and sweetness…and it’s ALL natural unlike using sugar.
Real talk comin’ at ya: combing that naturally-sweet flavor with the luscious, rich flavor of macadamia nuts, toasty coconut flakes, tangy lime juice and fruity-fresh pineapple is ALMOST not even fair to all the other recipes on planet Earth.
I mean, how can ANY OTHER FOOD ITEM COMPETE.
You know what they say though right? All’s fair in love and YUMMMAY.
I don’t think it goes exactly like that, but you understand.
I would tell you to be prepared for that utter moment of food bliss when your tongue tingles through each and every layer of ooey-gooey-creamy-lusciously-smooth and PERFECTLY crispety-crunchy goodness, but one cannot REALLY prepare for this kind of sheer and utter NIRVANA.
It’s one of those things that you just need to JUMP in and experience taste bud FIRST.
Something tells me that you’re ready and MORE than willing.
For the bars:
- 2/3 Cup Macadamia nuts
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 Can Full-fat coconut milk (13.5 oz)
- 1/2 Cup Nature Nate's Raw & Unfiltered Honey
- 3 Tbsp Fresh lime juice (about 1/2 a lime)
- 1 tsp Lime zest, packed (about 1 whole lime)
- 3/4 Cup Crushed pineapple (try to measure with the least amount of juice possible)
For the crust:
- 1/3 Cup Coconut oil, at room temperature (should be the consistency of softened butter)
- 3 Tbsp Nature Nate's Raw & Unfiltered Honey
- 3/4 Cup Coconut flour, sifted (66g*)
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line an 8x8 inch pan with parchment paper, leaving a little overhand to use as a handle one the bars are baked. I like the rub the pan with coconut oil to help the parchment stick.
- Place the macadamia nuts on a small baking sheet, and the coconut flakes on a separate baking sheet. Place into the oven and bake until golden brown and toasted, about 10-12 minutes for the macadamia nuts and 2-4 minutes for the coconut. Coconut burns quickly, so keep an eye on it!
- In a LARGE pot (coconut milk rises when heated A LOT) whisk together the coconut milk, honey, lime juice and lime zest and bring to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Then, reduce the heat to medium and simmer, stirring frequently until the sauce reduces to a total of 1 cup, about 18-19 minutes. I recommend checking it at about 16 minutes (you'll need to pour it out the pot into a measuring up) and if you still have over 1 cup, add it back to the pot and cook a few more minutes. It's important to reduce to 1 cup.
- While the sauce reduces, in a large bowl, using an electric hand mixer, beat the coconut oil with the 3 Tbsp of honey until smooth and creamy. Stir in the flour and pinch of salt until a wet dough forms.
- Press the dough evenly into the bottom of the pan. This will be a little bit tough, just be patient with it. I found it easiest to use the palms of my hands, and rinse them off every so often, until the dough was pressed in. Do not bake the crust until the sauce finishes reducing, as this allows the sauce the thicken and cool while the crust bakes.
- While you wait for the sauce to finish reducing, chop the toasted macadamia nuts and set aside.
- Additionally, place the crushed pineapple into a kitchen towel and ring out the excess moisture. This is important, or your bars will not set as the water will be released when cooking.
- Once the sauce has reduced to one cup, set aside to cool while you bake the crust. Place the ready-to-go crust into the oven and cook for 8 minutes.
- When the crust comes out of the oven, it may have risen in some spots. Take a small spoon and gently press it all back down, being sure not to leave cracks in the crust.
- Sprinkle the chopped nuts on top, and lightly press them into the crust. Then, sprinkle on the coconut flakes, followed by the crushed pineapple. Be sure to spread everything out evenly.
- Finally, pour the coconut milk sauce evenly over top of everything, making sure you get it down the sides of the bars (but not between the parchment and the pan!) Use a knife to swirl around the layers in a few spots where the sauce pools, to make sure it seeps down into all the layers (don't cut the crust!) Then, gently shake around the pan to ensure the sauce really sinks in everywhere.
- Place back into the oven and cook until golden brown and bubbly, about 28-30 minutes. Let cool on the counter to room temperature.
- Once the bars are at room temperature, cover and chill the bars OVERNIGHT to let everything set. **
- The next day, lift the bars out of the pan, slice and DEVOUR!
Tips & Notes:
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY MY FRIENDS AT NATURE NATE’S. THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO CONTINUE CREATING GREAT CONTENT FOR YOU BY SUPPORTING PARTNERSHIPS WITH SUPER-FAB BRANDS THAT FOOD FAITH FITNESS LOVES TO WORK WITH! AS ALWAYS, OPINIONS REMAIN 100% MY OWN!
Keep in touch with Nature Nate’s on social media for more delicious ideas: Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/Pinterest
NATURE NATE’S IS BEING SUPER FAB AND GIVING 2 OF YOU AN AWESOME PRIZE PACK:
• Moleskin journal
• Tea and mug
• Honey bear
• Honey tin
• Honey packets
Just use the widget below!
This giveaway will run from 06/26/2017 until 07/03/2017. 2 winners will be and contacted via email within 48 hours. The winners have 48 hours to claim their prize, or a new winner will be selected in their place. Open to residents of the USA and Canada only
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: SMART POINTS: 10 POINTS+: 5. OLD POINTS: 5
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS!
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER, FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I would only recommend products I love. Thanks for supporting FFF!
Leave a Comment