This post is sponsored by Maille. Thank you for allowing me to continue creating great content for you by supporting partnerships with brands that Food Faith Fitness loves to work with!
Grilled tostadas are topped with grilled maple salmon, mustard slaw and creamy goat cheese for a gluten free, healthy meal or appetizer that’s easy to make!
“Tostada Wednesdays” you guys. It’s the new “taco Tuesdays”
Or we could just have taco Tuesdays FOLLOWED BY tostada Wednesdays because the world would be a sad place without saucey meat+cheese+crunchety veggies all rolled inside soft tortillas that make my taste buds say ARIBAAA.
Whatever. We’ll just face plant into Mexican food two days in a row and not complain about it because corn tortillas grilled up so they’re crunchy & smokey, slathered with creamy goat cheese, and topped with fresh, crispy Dijon mustard pickle slaw AND tender pieces of salmon, for the perfect sweet-vinegary bite of texture deliciousness?
I want that. And I don’t care if I ate Mexican the day before. BRING IT ONNNN.
BACK ‘ER UP for JUUUST a sec though. I know your eyeballs are scanning that run-on-sentence that I am calling a “paragraph” to make me feel better about my lack of general English knowledge, and going “MUSTARD PICKLE SLAW? WHAT ONTHEEARTH?”
Yeah. About that. It’s, like, UMMM really crispy and tangy and has the most YUM maple mustard vinaigrette all mixed in its texture-freak-person-pleasing self.
Plus maple + mustard + salmon? SO CLASSIC GUYS.
I mean, maybe not classically Mexican. HOW-EV-ER, classically SO GOOD.
We’re going with it.
ESPECIALLY when that mustard is the ultra-swanky-and-fancy French Gourmet Dijon Mustard from Maille.
Peeps, the French are the humans who invented the baguette AND poutine, (Canada represent!) You just KNOW that whatever comes from that neck of the planet earth is going to be T to the ASTY.
Are you calming down over the pickle-slaw-maple-mustard-what-the-heck fiasco that you thought your face was about to enter in so now we can move on?
Cool. Because I have the ULTRA of ALL ultras important question for you:
Team soft taco or team crunchy tacos? Where does your allegiance fall?
Prior to shoveling my face full of approximately 6.7 tostadas (just a guess though) I was ALL about the soft taco. Which is, like, T-O-T-A-L-L-Y unexpected from “the crunch” needing person that I am, and do not try to hide.
After munch consideration and pondering, I came to the conclusion as to why I have been so mislead these 24 years of my life.
My corn-taco-hating-so-I’ll-never-feed-these-to-my-children-eventhough-then-they-will-one-day-realize-that-everyhting-they-ever-thought-about-Mexican-food-was-a-lie-and-question-their-very-existance Mother.
That may be a TOUCH over-dramatic, but the point has been made amIright?
My mother, as sweet as she is, NEVER fed me a corn tortilla. Not. ONCE.
Which means that I feel no shame in the above mentioned inhalation of 6.7 (which could actually be a full 7 but who’s counting?) tostadas.
There’s lost ground to make up for.
Grilled Maple Salmon Tostada Recipe
For the salmon:
- 1/4 Cup Maille Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tbsp Pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp Garlic minced
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 Lb Atlantic salmon
For the Coleslaw:
- 4 Cups Red cabbage finely chopped (about half a large head of cabbage)
- 1/2 Cup Maille Mini Gherkins minced
- 1 Tbsp Pickle Juice
- 1/4 Cup Maille Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp Pure maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp Fresh dill minced+ additional for garnish
- 8 Small corn tortillas
- 4 Oz Goat cheese + additional for garnish
- In a small bowl, mix together the salmon ingredients. Place the salmon into a baking dish and pour the marinade over, being sure to cover all sides of the salmon. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Once the salmon has marinated, pre-heat your grillto medium-high heat. Grill the salmon until it just begins to flake with a fork, about 6-7 minutes. Flip and cook until flaky and tender, about another 4-5 minutes. Remove from the grill and cover to let rest. Keep the grill on.
- In a large bowl, mix together the chopped cabbage, pickles and pickle juice.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the remaining mustard and maple syrup. While stirring, stream in the olive oil until the mixture becomes thick and creamy. Add the mixture, along with the dill, into the cabbage mixture and stir until evenly coated. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Place into the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Place the tortillas onto the grill and cook until they just begin to char and bubble up, about 2-3 minutes. Flip and cook an additional minute or two, until crispy. Be careful not to burn then. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Place the goat cheese into a small, microwave safe bowl and microwave for 10-15 seconds until it just begins to soften - be careful not to melt it!
- Divide the goat cheese between the tortillas and spread out evenly.
- Remove the skin from the salmon and place the salmon into a bowl, breaking it up into small pieces. Divide the salmon on top of each tostada.
- Divide the coleslaw on top of each tostada and garnish with fresh dill and crumbled goat cheese.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?If you try this recipe I would love to see it and share it! Tag me on IG @foodfaithfit, using the hashtag #foodfaithfitness
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS!
You could win a chance to actually visit the land of the mustard, baguettes and poutine! Here’s the details:
One lucky winner will enjoy a journey to France to discover the origins of French cuisine in the heart of Burgundy. During the trip for two, you will also get an exclusive tasting at the Maille boutique in Dijon with the trained Mustard Sommelier, amazing food at Michelin-starred restaurants, prestigious wines at world famous vineyards, and plenty of culture and entertainment.
(per one tostada)
Want more seafood?
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER, FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!