This orange beef stir fry is served over sweet potato noodles for a healthy, Paleo-friendly meal that is quick, easy and perfect for a weeknight!
Are you ready to get ultra-trendy on this lov-er-ly Wednesday?
Remember when we talked about Burrito Bowls and how I FINALLY got in with the KEWL KROWD and bought myself a spiralizer?
WELL, it’s that time again! Time for myself, and my favorite ladies, to bring your our monthly roundup of Paleo-friendly meal-age!
And, this time, we’re bringing out the big guns. Read: WE BE SPIRALIZING.
Yes, I realize that spiralizer are, in fact, quite small. BUT they are sharp and dangerous. Dangerous like guns. You see the connection.
Should we just move along and see what the ladies are bringing to this veggie noodle PARTAY?
Lexi is bringing this SUPER YUM Creamy Pasta Alla Vodka! A dairy-free creamy vodka sauce loaded with crispy proscuitto, shallots, basil, and garlic over zucchini linguine will quickly become a staple in your house! The perfect pasta alternative of your favorite classic dish; guilt-free!
Kelly has this Paleo Pad Thai with Carrot and Sweet Potato Noodles! This pad thai is completely grain-free (using spiralized carrots and sweet potatoes), completely nut-free (using sunflower butter), and completely over-the-top delish! You’ll want to lick the bowl when you’re done!
Brittany is bringing Jerk Shrimp with Crispy Plantain Noodles! Take your tastebuds on a trip to the Caribbean with sweet and spicy jerk shrimp served over a crispy bed of spiralized plantains sautéed in coconut oil.
Lee has these Garlic Sriracha Hash Browns with Baked Eggs! Got a yam? Make these paleo spiralized hash browns flavored with garlic and siriracha for a flavorful and filling breakfast paired with baked eggs!
And Davida has Healthy Chicken Pho with Zucchini Noodles! Homemade Vietnamese Pho soup that’s been healthified with zoodles and packed-full of veggies. Don’t be intimidated, this Healthy Chicken Pho with Zucchini Noodles is a lot easier than you think!
Now that you’re SUPER HUNGRY, here’s what I’m bringing to your face. Basically the EASIEST EVAH, Ready in 20 MINUTES, Honey Orange Beef Stir Fry with Kale.
AND SWEET POTOODLES!
It’s what happens when you make a noodle out of a potato. SO MUCH FUN TO SAY.
Side note: I can’t take credit for that. I saw it on Instagram and now I can’t stop saying it.
The Huberoni loves trying to get stuff done around the house with me wandering around aimlessly going “potoodle. POTOOOOOODLLLEE” all day long.
Except I might be lying.
This stir fry. You’re all familiar with orange chicken right? You know that food that you get little samples on sticks of when you walk by Panda Express.
And then you walk by again, hoping they won’t recognize you, so they’ll give you another sample.
Don’t go lying. I know I am not the only one who does that.
Well this stir fry is like that. In the sense that I made it Asian-inspired and used oranges. But it’s really not like orange chicken at all because, well, it’s beef.
So, there’s that.
It’s also not breaded or deep fried, and it has SUPERFOOD Kale-y NUMMIES and sweet POTOODLES instead of those fried noodlies that you get from the land of Panda.
I know what you’re thinking “SOOO…basically you took out all of the unhealthy stuff that makes takeout SO DARN DELICIOUS, and now you want me to eat it?”
And the answer to that is “yes. 1000 times yes.” Because I also promise you that you will not go into a food coma after eating this dinner. I ALSO promise that is has JUST as much flavour.
Maybe even MORE.
Don’t tell my beloved Panda I said that though.
I still want them to give me double the samples when I ninja my way by.
Paleo Honey Orange Beef Stir Fry with Sweet Potato Noodles and Kale
- For the stir fry:
- 1 Large sweet potato about 300-400g
- 2 1/2 tsp Coconut oil divided
- 1 tsp Fresh ginger minced
- 1/2 Lb Top Sirloin steak cut into thin, bite-sized pieces
- For the sauce:
- 1 Cup Orange juice not from concentrate
- 2 tsp Fresh Ginger minced
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp Coconut Aminos (or Soy Sauce if not Paleo)
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp Honey
- 6-8 Cups Kale torn into bite sized pieces (depending on how kale-y you like it)
- Spiralize the potatoes using the 3mm blade.
- Heat 1 1/2 tsp of the coconut oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add in the potatoes noodles and cook until they just begin to soften, about 5-7 minutes. Place into a bowl and cover to keep warm.
- Heat the remaining tsp of oil in the pan over medium heat and add in 1 tsp of fresh ginger. Cook until lightly browned and fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add in the steak and cook until no longer pink. Drain the fat and place into a bowl. Cover it to keep warm and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the sauce ingredients (except the kale) and toss into the pan. Turn the heat up to high and boil the sauce until it just begins to thicken, about 2-3 minutes. Turn the heat down to medium and toss in the kale. Cook until the kale just begins to wilt.
- Divide the noodles and steak between two places and top with the sauce and kale mixture.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?If you try this recipe I would love to see it and share it! Tag me on IG @foodfaithfit, using the hashtag #foodfaithfitness
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
(Per 1 serving, based off 300g sweet potato)
If you make this recipe, please remember to tag @Foodfaithfit and #foodfaithfitness on Instragram! I LOVE seeing your recipe recreations! 🙂
Want more spiralized recipes?
Pizza Zucchini Noodle Lasagna
Disclaimer: The link listed here is an affiliate link and I will earn a commission if you do purchase the product through it. However, I only promote products that I use and love, and those that are from companies that I trust. Feel free to email me if you have questions!