This Easy Low Carb Keto Oatmeal is gluten, grain, dairy and sugar free and tastes like cozy oatmeal without the oats! You won’t believe it until you try it!
PIN Low Carb Keto Oatmeal
Cozy! Creamy! Oatmeal without oats!
Anddddd I lost you.
This is the kind of breakfast that you do not expect to work because how can you make COOKED hot oats without, umm, oats?! Will it involve some kind of wizardry magic?
My dear internet friends, the answer to that is NOPE. No Harry potter shenanigans here.
Just kidding, you will (unless you don’t eat oats) because it’s cheesecake for breakfast. DUH. But you will not be one bit mad about switching it up for this low carb oatmeal recipe because, as they say, variety is the spice of life!
There is something VRY VRY magical (not the wizardry kind) that happens when you simmer creamy almond milk with flecks of almond flour, luscious, flavorful and crispy coconut flakes and then invite a little chia and flax seed to the breakfast party.
The chia and flax thicken e’rythang up in a way that makes this noatmeal have all the cozy, creamy vibes of a regular bowl of cookie dough protein oatmeal and your taste buds will not believe your brain when you tell them there are NO oats here.
Is oatmeal keto?
Because oatmeal is made primarily of oats, which are predominantly a source of carbs and is grain-based, they are not suitable for the keto diet.
Don’t worry though, this recipe is still totally allowing you to wake up to cozy, creamy “oat” goodness.
Oats for ALL I say! No one should be deprived of such breakfast heaven.
How to make Low Carb Keto Oatmeal
Making oatmeal without oats is actually one of the easiest recipes you will ever make in your life.
- Combine all the ingredients – almond flour, flax & chia seed, coconut flakes, salt, cinnamon, monkfruit, vanilla and milk in a medium pan and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium and cook until they JUST begin to thicken – about 1 minute. They thicken A LOT once cooled so don’t overcook or they get a not-so-yum texture.
- Top with ALL THE THINGS and eat up!
What to put on Low Carb Keto Oatmeal
If you’re looking for some good toppings or mix-ins, here are a few of my favorite:
- Roasted, diced nuts for a crunch
- Melted nut butter or coconut butter to make it SUPER creamy
- Sugar free chocolate chips. You might even think you’re waking up to dessert!
- You could even go savory and add in some cheese, avocado and a fried egg!
Do not knock that last one till you try it. I know sometimes you question my taste buds (watermelon curry I’m looking at you) but I pinky swear that savory oatmeal is SRSLY delicious.
Make a big ol’ batch ahead of time and add a little almond milk to reheat it OR just make yourself a single-serve bowl of breakfast bliss each morning.
3 cheers for healthy fats and filling breakfasts that give us a reason to douse our food with pools of melted nut butter!
Other Recipes You Might Like:
- In a medium pot, stir together all the ingredients except the milk and vanilla.
- Add in the milk and vanilla and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium and simmer until it just begins to thicken, about 1 - 1 1/2 minutes. It will thicken a lot as it cools so don't over cook.
- Once cooked, let cool for 3-5 minutes.
- Add toppings and DEVOUR!
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: FREESTYLE POINTS:11 POINTS+: 9. OLD POINTS: 8
STAY IN DA KNOW WITH THINGS GOING ON AT FFF (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!
Do I need to peel butternut squash before cooking it?
Yes! A butternut squash has skin that will need to be removed before placing it in the air fryer to cook. You can use a regular vegetable peeler or a sharp knife and cutting board to peel the squash.
Is Air Fryer Squash still tender and juicy?
Yes! Don’t be fooled by the name of an air fryer. It won’t take out the moisture from the squash, and will leave it juicy and tender, just how you like it!
Can you make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes! Squash is a fantastic meal prep food, as it keeps well in the fridge for up to 3 days, and reheats easily with no change to the taste or texture.