You won’t even miss the potatoes with these creamy, melt-in-your-mouth cauliflower mashed potatoes. Made even easier with the instant pot!
It’s like your favorite cauliflower mashed potatoes with 5 ingredients but gone EVEN TRENDIER because INSTANT POT.
But you guys KNOW how I feel about mashed cauliflower potatoes so it was really only a matter of time.
Don’t worry, if you’re not digging the cauliflower, you could totally dive face first into the CREAMIEST red skinned mashed potatoes to get your carb fix. ALL ARE WELCOME HERE.
Mashed Cauliflower Ingredients
I’m always down for a plate FULL of mashed potatoes, but if you’re not into the carbs that come along with potatoes, you’re going to be all over today’s recipe. Allow me to introduce you to the BEST instant pot cauliflower mash, aka the perfect, easy, delicious side dish for any meal! It’s simple, it tastes good, it’s versatile, and it’s seriously SO quick to make! Like our instant pot butternut squash soup, asian instant pot pork tenderloin, and SO many other recipes, we have the instant pot to thank for speeding up cook time but not sacrificing on taste or texture! Here’s what you’ll need to get started on this recipe:
- Olive Oil
- Fresh garlic
- Chicken Stock
- Full-fat cream cheese
- Sea Salt
- Parmesan Cheese
How do I make Instant Pot Mashed Cauliflower?
This incredibly delicious, versatile cauliflower dish is one of my go-tos on a busy weeknight simply because of how FAST I can throw it together!
Set the instant pot to the sautee setting and heat it up a bit. Add in some oil and the onions and cook them until they begin to soften. Next, add in the garlic and cook a bit longer, until it is fragrant.
Pour the chicken stock into the instant pot with the garlic and onions. Over top of it, place the steamer basket inside the pot and add the chopped up cauliflower to the basket.
Cover your instant pot and ensure that the vent is set to sealing. Cook on manual pressure for a couple of minutes.
Once cooked, do an instant steam release on your instant pot. Place the cauliflower into your blender. Drain the chicken stock into the sink, and straining out the onions and garlic, add them to the blender with the cauliflower. Blend the mixture until smooth but don’t puree too long or else it will liquify!
Stir in the cheese, serve it up and DEVOUR!
Additional Flavor Options
If you want to mix it up a bit and add a bit of flair, I say go for it! You could totally add in a bit of your favorite grated cheese for a bit more richness- I recommend cheddar, asiago, or havarti! Another way to add some more flavor is to play around with seasonings- some seasoned salt or a dash of pepper and cayenne for a bit of a kick would be fun!
Instant Pot Cauliflower Recipe Tips
You know I’m ALL ABOUT a good tip to use in the kitchen. A good recipe is made even better when you have a few tricks up your sleeve. Here are a couple to use for this mashed cauliflower instant pot recipe:
- When blending the cauliflower, I recommend pulsing it so that it doesn’t puree too fast. If it does, it may turn into soup!
- Cut the cauliflower into small, evenly sized florets to ensure everything is cooked evenly!
Do I need a blender?
If you want to make this recipe, but don’t have a blender, no worries! Simply pull out your food processor and it will work just as well.
Can I make it dairy free?
Yes! To make this recipe dairy free, simply use dairy free cream cheese instead of full fat.
Can I make it ahead of time?
Yes! This recipe is perfect for meal prep because you can make it a day or 2 ahead of time and it will still taste amazing.
What to serve with Mashed Cauliflower
If you like a classic steak and potatoes meal, but want to skip the carbs that come with potatoes, this mashed cauliflower is the perfect side for you! Simply pair a serving of it with some keto steak with garlic butter mushrooms and some low carb keto green bean casserole and call it a meal!
More Healthy Instant Pot Recipes
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 Large onion, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp Fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 Cup Chicken stock
- 1 1/2 Lbs Cauliflower, cut into florets (the weight is the florets only, not the whole head of cauliflower)
- 1/4 Cup Full-fat cream cheese
- 3/4-1 tsp Sea salt, to taste
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan cheese, grated and very tightly packed (2oz)
- Heat the olive up on sautee mode and add the onion, cooking until it just begins to soften, about 5 minutes. Add in the garlic and cook another minute
- Pour the chicken stock into the Instant Pot and place a large steamer basket inside. Add in the cauliflower.
- Cover, making sure the vent is set to sealing, and cook on manual pressure for 2 minutes.
- Once cooked, do an instant steam release and place the cauliflower into a blender. Drain the chicken stock into a sink and add the onions into the blender, along with the cream cheese.
- Pulse until desired texture is reached – don't puree or it will turn into soup!
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in the cheese.
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
For This Recipe, I recommend:
STAY IN DA KNOW WITH THINGS GOING ON AT FFF (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!