These Healthy Greek Yogurt Brownies so dense and chewy and secretly packed with protein and naturally gluten free! A delicious, better for you treat!
PIN Healthy Greek Yogurt Brownies
I have to say, baking with Greek yogurt might just be my new favorite thing.
And I especially love it in ooey-gooey, dense and DELICIOUS chocolate brownie form!
Healthy Greek Yogurt Brownies Ingredients
Whether I’m serving up a pan of Paleo Magic Cookie Bars at a party, a plate of Healthy Chocolate Chip Avocado Cookies at a family gathering, or simply baking at home on a cozy weekend in, I’m ALL about those baked goods and treats. What’s EVEN better than delicious baked cookies, brownies and bars? Baked treats that are better-for-you, that you can also feel good about eating! Here are the ingredients you’ll need to make these healthy brownies:
- Non-fat Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- Coconut Sugar
- Large Eggs
- Coconut Oil
- Cocoa Powder
- Baking Soda
When baking up a pan of brownies, you’re probably looking for a chocolatey, rich, chewy, gooey treat that will totally hit the spot and satisfy that craving. Pure Indulgence! When baking up THESE brownies with greek yogurt instead of oil, you can be sure you will get the most decadent brownies, but they’re also healthier and better for you! Here are a few ingredients that will make you feel good about enjoying them:
- I used coconut sugar in place of regular white granulated sugar. It’s more natural and better for you, and still has the sweetness. It also bakes wonderfully into all kinds of treats!
- Instead of milk chocolate, I opted for dark chocolate. It’s has less sugar, but adds so much depth of rich flavor to these brownies!
- Rather than ONLY using oil, I used Greek Yogurt to add that fat and richness that brownies need. Keep in mind that I did still use some oil, as its needed for flavor in these brownies! Don’t try to take out the small amount of oil in this recipe, as it is a vital part of the recipe.
How to Make Healthy Greek Yogurt Brownies
YAY for healthy ingredients and tasty treats! This recipe is an easy one to put together, so let’s get started:
Set your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and allow it to preheat fully. Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper and set aside.
Whisk together the yogurt, sugar and eggs in a large bowl and set aside.
Place 4oz of the chocolate and the coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl and heat until smooth. This should take about a minute. Once well combined, stir it into the egg mixture.
Next, whisk the cornstarch, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt into the chocolate and egg mixture and stir until well incorporated. Next, roughly chop the remaining chocolate and stir it in as well.
Using a rubber spatula, scrape the batter out of the bowl and into the pan. Allow it to bake, 22-23 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Do not overbake.
Allow to cool completely in the pan, then slice and DEVOUR!!
The Secret to Chewy Brownies
I’m all about sharing the BEST secrets in the kitchen that I have. Anything that makes cooking and baking easier and more DELISH? I’m all for it! Here’s one that I’ll share with you when it comes to this healthy brownie recipe: The secret to the CHEWIEST brownies is to cool them immediately after removing them from the oven in your fridge for 15 minutes. Be sure to pull them from the fridge after 15 minutes or else they may heat up your entire fridge!
Other Healthy Brownies
- Heat your oven to 325 degrees and line an 8x8 inch pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the yogurt, sugar and eggs.
- Place 4oz of the chocolate, and the oil, into a small, microwave safe bowl and microwave until smooth and melted, about 1 minute. Whisk into the egg mixture
- Whisk in the cocoa powder, cornstarch, soda and salt. Then, roughly chop the remaining chocolate and stir it in.
- Spread into the pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 22-23 minutes. DO NOT OVERBAKE.
- Immediately transfer into the fridge (I put them on a cooling pad) for 15 minutes. Then, remove and finish cooling on the counter completely.
- Slice and DEVOUR!
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!