Cheesy and creamy Instant Pot Broccoli Cheddar Soup is so quick and easy! Packed with veggies and flavor, it makes for a great family meal!
Table of Contents
Not even gonna lie: this might rival Panera’s broccoli cheese soup.
I know, you’re like 😱
I promise you. It’s super thick and creamy, just like the vegan potato soup, and CHEESY and you can make it in 15 MINUTES.
Why this is the BEST Instant Pot Cheddar Broccoli Soup
Soup is SUCH a quick, easy and filling meal for lunch or dinner that will fill you up! I love a good one-bowl meal that will warm up my body (and soul) on a chilly day, and soups like vegan coconut curry lentil soup always hit the spot! Today, we’re pulling out the trusty instant pot again to make some comfort food style soup and you are going to be obsessed! Instant pot Broccoli Cheddar Soup is flavorful, healthy, AND super easy to make because the instant pot does all the work!
To make yourself a pot of instant pot keto broccoli cheddar soup, you’re going to need a bunch of nutrient rich veggies, some broth and healthy fats to make it rich and comforting. This soup is made with whole, healthy foods that you’ll feel good about serving to your family. Here’s what you will need:
- Chicken Broth
- Warm Water
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Whipping Cream
How to make Instant Pot Broccoli Cheddar Soup
With your instant pot set to the sautee setting, melt the butter. Add in the onions and garlic and cook them until soft.
Add in all the ingredients up to the cornstarch (not including) and place the lid on top, setting it to sealing. Cook on manual high pressure for 1 minute. Do an instant steam release.
Mix the water and cornstarch together with a whisk in a small bowl. Stirring constantly, whisk the cornstarch mixture into the soup. Turn the instant pot back on to sautee mode and allow the soup to cook until thickened.
Turn off the instant pot and stir in the cheese, a little bit at a time. Stir it in as it melts. Stir in the cream and season to taste with salt.
Serve it up and DEVOUR!
Top Tips for making Broccoli Cheddar Soup in the Instant Pot
- Chop the veggies small: I love to dice up everything really small as it allows the vegetables to cook evenly!
- Puree: If you want, you can puree the soup ingredients before adding the cheese and cream. It’s totally up to you.
- Sautee for a while: The longer you allow the onions and garlic to cook, the more intense the flavor! I love cooking my onions until they are golden brown.
Although a hot bowl of this broccoli cheese soup is satisfying all on its own, I recommend serving it with your favorite sandwich. I suggest a fresh cottage cheese sandwich or a crispy grilled cheese hummus sandwich– perfect for dunking!
Broccoli Cheese Soup FAQ
This can happen if you add the cheese or whipping cream while the instant pot is still on. Be sure to turn it off before adding these ingredients!
To thicken your soup, you can put a few ladles of it into a high powered blender and blend it until smooth. This will make it thicker.
If you want to make this in a regular pot on the stove, you absolutely can. Simply simmer the veggies until they are soft, then add the cornstarch and water.
Yes, you can! However, I recommend thawing the broccoli first and then squeezing out some moisture before cooking.
more Quick and easy soup recipes
- instant pot southwestern sweet potato soup
- instant pot tomato soup
- whole30 instant pot turmeric tahini chicken soup
- 1 Cup Onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 2 tsp Fresh garlic, minced
- 4 Cups Broccoli, cut into small florets
- 2 Cups Chicken broth
- 1 Cup Carrot, diced
- 4 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 1/4 Cup Warm water
- 2 Cups Sharp Cheddar cheese, grated on (8oz)
- 2 Cups Whipping cream
- 1-1/2 tsp Salt
- Heat the butter on sautee mode. Add in the onion and garlic and cook until soft, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add in all the remaining ingredients, up to the cornstarch.
- Cover and set to "sealing". Cook on manual high pressure for 1 minutes.
- Do an instant steam release. In a small bowl, whisk the corn starch with 1/4 cup of warm water
- While stirring constantly, whisk the mixture back into the soup. Turn to sautee mode and cook until thickened, about 2-4 minutes.
- Turn off the instant pot and stir the cheese in a little bit it a time until melted.
- Stir in the cream and season to taste with salt (we like it on the saltier side)
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
For This Recipe, I recommend:
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ONTWITTER,FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I would only recommend products I love. Thanks for supporting FFF!