Instant Pot Rice is SO easy! This cilantro lime rice tastes like Chipotle and is only 3 ingredients and ready in 12 minutes – the perfect healthy side dish!
You guys. It’s here. It’s happening.
After hearing THE WHOLE ENTIRE PLANET EARTH talk about the AH-MAYYYY-ZING-NESS of the Instant Pot, I finally caved and got one.
Partially because I was curious. But, if we’re being totally honest with each other (as usual) it’s mostly because I have a SEVERE case of “FOMO.”
“Fear of Missing Out” for all my internet friends that don’t know DA SCOOP.
Everyone on social media is taking pictures of their Instant Pot parties and how it’s basically changed their lives and now EVERY day is filled with sunshine! Rainbows! PUPPY DOGS! Because they have this fancy cooking device.
I’m sure that’s an overexaggerating that my FOMO lenses caused me to see, and it was actually just pictures of dinner that they made in their Instant pot that I was seeing, and not parties! Rainbows! PUPPY DOGS!
But, you know what I mean.
Either way. I now feel like a “cool kid” and not the kid that got picked last for kick ball. Was anyone else that kid right along with me?
It’s basically the newest, latest and greatest love of my life in the sense that it tastes like Chipotle came into your house, made you’re their EPIC, majorly-addicting and SOSO crave-able rice, ALL while you were in the comfort of your pajamas……AND IN 12 MINUTES.
Like Whoa. So obsessed. So in love.
You’re probs like “cilantro lime rice is THE BOMB but, uhhhh, why did you make some 3 ingredient, insanely easy recipe for your first Instant Pot recipe EVER to share with us? Plus you already have cilantro lime cauliflower rice on the blog.”
But, read the question that I know you’re asking AGAIN: 3 ingredients. That is the BEAUTY of the whole thing my rice-loving internet friend.
There are about 42 bazillion things to do with this rice:
- Put it in a copycat Chipotle Burrito Bowl
- OR maybe a breakfast burrito bowl with sweet potato noodles?
- Be a weird human and use it in an Instant Pot Chicken and Rice Casserole to give it a Mexican spin.
I don’t suggest the last one. Liiiike, at all. But, Mr. FFF did it so I figured I should let you know of the existence of that possibility.
I question his taste buds every so often.
The thing I RLY RLY love about adding the tangy, zesty, FRESH (no bottles stuff here mmmkay?) A-F-T-E-R cooking the rice (as opposed to as part of the cooking liquid) is that it gives the wholesome, chewy grains of goodness this extra moist-but-not-clumpy texture. That has always been my FAV part of Chipotle’s version.
This rice is so perfect, so zesty, so FLAVORFUL and moist that you could actually just eat it on its own.
Have you ever tried to make straight up water + rice and then eat it with NOTHING ELSE? Don’t do it.
Bad life choices.
Good life choices are listed below:
- Get an Instant Pot.
- Make cilantro lime rice in your Pj’s. Fall in love with Instant Pot.
- Make everything forever and ever and ever in it because YES.
Similar recipes you might like
One Pan Mexican Quinoa Casserole
For step-by-step instruction of this recipe, watch my video tutorial below:
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE! New recipes posted each week!
Get this recipe with Facebook Messenger
- Place the uncooked rice in a mesh strainer and run under water until the water runs clear, lightly shaking the rice to get out any excess water. Place into the bowl of the instant pot, adding a pinch of salt.
- Add in the water and stir to combine. Cover the instant pot, making sure the the lid is locked and the vent is set to sealed! Press the "rice" button and let the Instant pot do it's thing.
- Once cooked, allow the instant pot to steam release naturally, opening the lid only when the little button drops down.
- Stir in the cilantro, fresh lime juice, and season to taste with salt.
Tips & Notes:
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
This is not a sponsored post, but thank you to Instant Pot for sending me product to make this recipe!
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: SMART POINTS: 4 POINTS+: 4. OLD POINTS:3
(Per 1/4 of the rice)
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS!
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER,FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I would only recommend products I love. Thanks for supporting FFF!