This crispy air fried fish is SO easy to make and you will never believe it’s oil free! Serve it with a healthy Greek yogurt tartar sauce for dinner!
PIN Crispy air fried fish
CRISPY, FLAKY FISHY goodness my friends.
It’s here today and it’s here TO STAY.
My oh my this air fryer fish is for you if you like things with a golden brown CRUNCH on the outside the ends with hungry-you happily experiencing tender, flaky, perfectly moist (eep! That word!) fish dance across your tongue as your mouth munches through that crispy coating.
I feel like this is all of this though, yes?
I mean there is a time and a place for grilled cod. BUT, crispy cod? It’s place is RIGHT HERE. RIGHT NOW. Of course, if you’re not a “fish person” you could totally make some crispy breaded air fryer chicken breast! Or if you’re not a “fish person” but you ARE a shellfish person, what about some air fryer coconut shrimp?
Can I confess something to you without your judgmental eyeballs peering into my soul through the very screen? I have never had fish and chips until THIS RECIPE.
If you’re wondering where the “chips” part of the equation is, I served this air fryer fish recipe with air fryer potato chips a couple times a tested it and sometimes with bagged French fries. <– Did you just GASP that I eat French fries from a bag?
Internet friends. You’re always allowed to take the easy route. You will not die from eating something from a bag, promise.
Anyways. Getting off my soapbox because it’s way too hard to eat air fryer cod fish on top of box, you know?
Seriously just cannot believe how CRISPY the air fryer makes this airfryer battered fish. It’s like paleo salmon cakes but in filet form and you will probably fall even more in love with your air fryer, if that is even possible. Honestly used to be in a serious relationship with my food processor, but now I’m 110% committed to the air fryer.
But, let’s talk breading fish. Have you done it? Does it freak you out because HELLO raw fish will have to get all over your hands and that’s just gross? I used to feel this way so I stuck to eating cod in easier ways (like cod scrambled eggs) BUT, I pinky swear that breading fish is way easier than you imagine and there is minimal hand/fish contact if you do it right.
How to Bread Fish
- Dry off your cod really well and season LIBERALLY with salt
- In a rimmed plate, pour your flour. In a large bowl, whisk an egg. In another large rimmed plate, mix your panko and seasonings.
- Use ONE HAND to roll your fish into then flour until covered.
- Use the SAME hand to dunk it into the egg, letting any excess fall off – you want a thin egg coating
- Put it in the panko and use the opposite hand to roll it around until covered!
See! Easy! Superstar fish breader, that’s you!
How to cook fish in the air fryer
- Once you have your fish all breaded, you want to spray the bottom of the air fryer basked with cooking spray – make sure to preheat it to 400 degrees for 10 minutes!
- Spray a little cooking spray on top, and cook it for 10 minutes. Then, flip, spray and cook for another 8-10.
- OPTIONAL: if the bottom loses its crisp when you flip, flip it once more and cook and additional 1-2 minutes!
- Air fried fish is READY for you.
Let’s give a little hip-hip HOORAY.
‘Cause golden-brown, CRISPY cod magic is here TO STAY.
More Gluten Free Recipes
We have TONS of gluten free recipes on Food Faith Fitness! Explore them all in our gluten free Library!
Other Recipes You Might Like:
For the fish
For the yogurt dip:
- 1/2 Cup Non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp Fresh lemon juice, or to taste
- 1 tsp Fresh dill, minced
- Sea salt, to taste
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees, spraying the mesh basket with cooking spray.
- Pat the cod as dry as you can with a paper towel and season well with salt. Place the flour in a large, rimmed plate. Place the eggs into a large bowl, beating them well. Then, place the panko and all the rest of the fish ingredients onto a large rimmed plate and stir until mixed well.
- Using one hand, coat one of the cod pieces on the flour and then right into the egg mixture. Make sure the fish is coated in the egg, but not dripping. Then place it into the panko. Using your other (dry) hand, coat the fish in the panko all over evenly and place into the air fryer basket. Repeat with all the pieces, leaving a little bit of space between them in the basket. You may need to two batches depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Spray the tops with cooking spray (I used an olive oil spray) and cook until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Gently flip and cook another 8-10 minutes. Finally, if the underside of your fish has lost some crisp, you can flip it once more and cook an additional 2-3 minutes.
- While the fish cooks, stir all the dip ingredients together and season to taste with salt.
- Serve the fish with the dip immediately and DEVOUR!
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: FREESTYLE POINTS:2 POINTS+: 4. OLD POINTS: 4
(per 1/4 of the recipe)
STAY IN DA KNOW WITH THINGS GOING ON AT FFF (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!