This paleo and whole30 Low Carb Mock Cauliflower Potato Salad tastes like the classic potato salad without the carbs! Everyone will be fooled by this healthy comfort food!
PIN Low Carb Mock Cauliflower Potato Salad
I promise you, it’s actually RLY RLY good and you won’t miss the potatoes.
Truth be told: I never thought I would write the words “won’t miss the potatoes” in the whole entirety of my existence and this floating blue and green thing we call Earth ‘cause, uhhh, potatoes? THEY ARE DELICIOUSSSS.
UNTIL T-H-I-S cauliflower potato salad recipe. OH MAN OH MAN YOU GUYS. Even Mr. FFF said he liked it and I thought the low carb keto cucumber salad would be the only veggie salad I could get him to eat happily.
Why Cauliflower works as Potatoes
I’m a huge fan of potatoes! They can be cooked a variety of different ways, like air fryer roasted potatoes or oven roasted lemon greek potatoes. But did you know you can get ALL that potato-ey goodness by using a lower carb vegetable? YES, it’s the truth- cauliflower makes an amazing substitute for potatoes in cauliflower mashed potatoes, cauliflower alfredo vegan scalloped potatoes, and now THIS cauliflower potato salad recipe I’m going to bring into your world today! Cauliflower works as potatoes because it has a mild flavor, the ability to be mashed or roasted like regular potatoes, and the color even LOOKS like a potato! You’re going to love this substitution for one of your favorite foods!
What makes Cauliflower Potato Salad Healthy?
Potato salad is a must-have at your summer backyard parties and get togethers, but it’s also notorious for being “unhealthy” or “bad” for you. I’m all about indulging in the full-carb, full-fat pleasures of life because YOLO but if you want to indulge in some potato salad with some better-for-you ingredients, this keto potato salad fits the bill! Here are some changes I made to the classic:
- Potatoes: I used cauliflower for a low carb option!
- Mayo: I used paleo friendly, and you can also use vegan mayo instead.
Cauliflower Potato Salad Ingredients
The ingredients to make this potato salad are wholesome, healthy, and flavorful, and you may have some already kicking around your fridge and pantry. Let’s round them up and get started. To make it, you will need:
- Sea Salt
- Red Onion
- Paleo Friendly Mayo
- Dijon Mustard
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Sea Salt
- Dill Paste
- Salt and Pepper
How to make Keto Cauliflower Potato Salad
Bring a medium sized pot of salted water to a boil. Once boiling, add in the cauliflower and cook until it’s fork tender. This should take about 9-10 minutes.
Cook the Eggs
While the cauliflower is boiling, place the eggs in a pot covered by 2 inches of water. Bring it to a boil on high heat. Once it reaches a full boil, turn off the stove, cover the pot, and let sit on the burner for 12 minutes. After that, drain the water, transfer the eggs to a bowl and cover them in cold water.
Once the cauliflower is cooked, drain it and spread it out on a large area of paper towel. Gently pat it dry with some more paper towel. Place it in a large bowl.
Peel the eggs, dice them, and add them into the bowl with the cauliflower, as well as the onions and celery.
Whisk together all of the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and then stir it into the cauliflower mixture. Mix until well combined.
Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours to let the flavors develop well. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, serve, and DEVOUR!
How to store Cauliflower Potato Salad
If you’ve made this delicious salad the day before your family get together or you simply have leftovers, you can store them in the fridge for up to 3 days! Simply place the salad into an airtight container and pop it in the fridge.
Other Low Carb Veggie Recipes You Might Like:
Low Carb Mock Cauliflower Potato Salad
- 5 Cups Cauliflower, cut into florets (1 lb)
- Sea salt
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Celery, thinly sliced
- 1/4 Cup Red onion, diced
For the dressing:
- 9 Tbsp Paleo friendly mayo
- 5 tsp Dijon mustard (make sure it doesn't have wine for whole30)
- 1 Tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp Sea salt
- 2 tsp Dill paste
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- Pinch of pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Once boiling, add the cauliflower, cover and cook until just fork tender, about 9-10 minutes.
- While the cauliflower cooks, place the eggs in a medium pot and cover with 2 inches of water. Bring to a boil on high heat. Once boiling, turn off the stove, and cover the pot, but leave the pot on the burner. Let sit for 12 minutes. Then, drain and cover with cold water.
- Once the cauliflower is cooked, drain it and spread out onto a large sheet of paper towel. Use another paper towel to GENTLY press out any excess water. Add into a large bowl.
- Peel the eggs and then dice them. Add them into the bowl with the cauliflower, along with the celery and red onion.
- Whisk all the dressing ingredients in a medium bowl and then add to the cauliflower mixture. Stir until well combined.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours to let the flavors develop.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and DEVOUR!
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
Weight Watchers Points Per Serving: Freestyle SmartPoints: 4 Points+: 5. Old Points: 4
(per 1/8 of the salad)
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!