These quick and easy overnight oats are packed with protein and taste just like a gluten free cinnamon roll. Perfect for a healthy, make-ahead breakfast on busy mornings!
Because “everything good in the world rolled into one, ooey-gooey spicy-sweet bite of pure food bliss” was too much of a mouthful.
Especially when that mouthful could be used to make better life choices.
Like actually putting MOUTHFULS OF CINNAMON ROLL goodness into YOUR FACE.
Seriously peeps, just like every other recipe in the world always, I am super pumped to be sharing this newest-breakfast-obsession with your beautiful, HUNGRY selves.
It’s only been a few weeks since cookie dough overnight oats and Funfetti protein overnight oats waltzed it’s colorful, fun, sprinkle-covered self onto the scene. BUT, those overnight are SO early March. We’ve moved onto bigger, better things. Sprinkles are just SO 3 weeks ago.
That’s a lie. There will always be a place in my heart for funfetti breakfast quinoa and vegan cake batter cashew butter. Sprinkles are like the little black dress of yummy-food-land. They NEVER go out of style & look good on ANYTHING. <3 <3 <3
But, today, we ain’t talkin’ ‘bout them colorful bursts of happy. Today it’s ALL about this healthy cinnamon roll protein oatmeal that is JAMMIN’ to spicy-sweet tune of cinnamon and coconut sugar happiness at the end of every spoonful.
You know that time when you picked the edges off of the cinnamon roll, and fed them to your dog when you THOUGHT that no one was looking, because everyone knows it’s ALL about the ooey-gooey sweet center?
I PEEPED IT. I SAW YOU DO IT.
So, I saved your breakfast life and your possibly-debating-wasting-food-self because I made you the easiest breakfast that you could think of, and then made it PACKED with creamy Greek yogurt (Protein REPRESENT) AAAND made it taste like the inside of a cinnamon roll.
No icky outside, crunchy bites. You don’t even have to do the hard work of peeling the outer layer off. It’s simple math really:
Spoon + oatmeal + mouth = major delicious breakfast moment happening in your life right NOW.
Just like all the other 490293 overnight oat recipes that have been poppin’ up ‘round here lately (can you sense an obsession?) the basic “how-ta-do-it” of these oats is that you just have to mix a few ingredients together and – VOILA – magic breakfast munchies, that are perfect for a little breakfast meal prep, are awaiting your tired, groggy selves when you awake.
If only coffee could be magically ready too. #firstworldproblems.
Realistically, you don’t even have to do the swirly-twirly cinnamon-y/sugar dealio that’s happening on top of this bowl of creamy, wholesome, nutritious-ness. You know, if that sort of fancy-ness just seems like too much of a struggle for early morning you.
But, you should do it anyway. Because it looks more like you’re eating a real cinnamon rolls recipe then.
And, that’s fun.
Fun for you. Fun for me.
Everyone’s a winner when cinnamon roll overnight oats comes to play.
Gluten Free Cinnamon Roll Overnight Oats
- 2 Tbsp Vanilla whey protein powder
- 1 Tbsp Coconut sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 4-5 tsp Water depending on how thick your protein powder is
- 1/2 Cup Rolled old fashioned oatmeal (gluten free if needed)
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened vanilla almond milk or any milk you want
- 1/4 Cup Non-fat Vanilla Greek yogurt
- In a small bowl, stir together the protein powder, coconut sugar and cinnamon. Slowly add in the water, adding enough until it makes a thick but still spreadable, mixture. Then, spread 2/3 of the mixture into the bottom of a cup or small bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the oatmeal, milk and Greek yogurt until well mixed. Spoon over top of the cinnamon mixture.
- Spread, or drizzle all of the remaining cinnamon mixture on top of the oats and refrigerate for at least 6 hours - overnight. (You can also put all the cinnamon mixture on the bottom if you want to make this even easier!)
- In the morning, swirl it all up so you get cinnamon in every bite, and DEVOUR.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: SMARTPOINTS: 9 POINTS+: 8. OLD POINTS: 6
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS!
Want more overnight oats?
Overnight Oats from around the web:
Maple Peanut Overnight Oatmeal – Fake Food Free
Honey Sesame Strawberry Overnight Oatmeal – Cotter Crunch
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER, FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!