Wake up to dessert for breakfast with these protein packed, gluten free carrot cake overnight oats! They’re an easy, healthy breakfast for under 300 calories!
PIN Carrot cake overnight oats
(Updated March 2020 – Originally posted in 2017. Narration not changed)
Just like that, it’s THE END of carrot cake week.
And the internet-crowd does NOT go wild.
WHOMP WHOMP WHOMPPPPP.
It’s been a deliciously, carrot-centric week filled with vegan carrot cake dip with spice chips and carrot cake paleo magic bars and NOW we’re ending on a cake-4-BREAKFAST kinda note with carrot cake overnight oats! Thing of it like an easy make ahead version of carrot cake Instant Pot french toast casserole with OATS.
Trust me, this is going to be your new fav way to start the day.
Wholesome Breakfast Goodness!
If you’re like me, you’re probably always on the hunt for delicious, filling, nutritious meals. When I wake up in the morning, I’ve been dreaming of breakfast ALL night, so I want to eat something tasty! Overnight oats are a staple breakfast of here on the blog and I’m a little obsessed with them (if you haven’t noticed)- there’s Latte Overnight Oats with Greek Yogurt, Vegan Pecan Pie Overnight Oats, Pina Colada Overnight Oats…the list goes on!
Whip them up the night before and enjoy a prep free morning. THESE carrot cake overnight oats with greek yogurt are a new fave of mine because they are loaded with both protein and carbs to keep your belly full. Also, they taste like cake, and that reason speaks for itself!
Carrot Cake Overnight Oats Ingredients
I’m such a fan of carrot cake. I love the warm spices, the fruity flavors, the creamy rich frosting, I love it all. Naturally, I HAD to attempt a healthy carrot cake overnight oats spin on the original and let me tell you, it was a success! These oats capture all the best parts of carrot cake. To make them, here’s what you need:
- Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- Crushed Pineapple
- Non fat vanilla Greek Yogurt
- Old Fashioned Rolled Oatmeal
- Grated Carrot
- Ground Nutmeg
- Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
How to Make Carrot Cake Overnight Oats
Overnight oats are a great made ahead breakfast. They are SO simple to throw together and then the fridge does the rest of the work while you sleep! Now that we’ve rounded up the ingredients we’ll need, let’s get started:
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the coconut flakes and pecans on two separate baking sheets and put them in the oven. Allow the coconut and pecans to toast until the coconut begins to brown lightly and the pecans start to smell “nutty” and begin to darker. This should take only 2-4 minutes for the coconut and 10-12 minutes for the pecans. Set aside.
Divide up the pineapple into 3 cups evenly. Divide up the yogurt as well and spread overtop the pineapple in each cup.
In a large bowl, stir together the oatmeal, carrot, cinnamon and nutmeg. Next, add the toasted coconut and stir until combined. Then, stir in the almond milk.
Divide the oat mixture between the three cups overtop of the yogurt and pineapple mixture. Press it down with a spoon. Cover and allow to refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight.
The next day, roughly chop the pecans and divide them between the oats.
Mix in the pecans until everything is well combined and DEVOUR!
How to Make Dairy Free
If these oats are making you hungry but you can’t have dairy, you’re in luck! This recipe uses almond milk instead of regular cow’s milk, and instead of greek yogurt you can simply substitute it for your favorite plant based yogurt and it’ll work just as well!
Other Healthy Carrot Recipes
- 2 Tbsp Unsweetened coconut flakes
- 3 Tbsp Pecans
- 3/4 Cup Crushed pineapple (try to use the least amount of juice as possible)
- 3/4 Cup Non-fat vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 Cup Rolled, old fashioned oatmeal (not quick oats! Gluten free if needed)
- 1 Cup Grated carrot, packed
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ground nutmeg
- 1 1/4 Cups Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Put the coconut flakes and pecans in two separate small baking sheets and bake until the coconut is lightly golden brown and the pecans smell "nutty" and begin to darken. This is only 2-4 minutes for the flakes and about 10-12 minutes for the pecans. Set aside
- Divide the pineapple between 3 cups, spreading out evenly. Divide the Greek yogurt on top of that and spread out evenly. *
- In a large bowl, stir together the oatmeal, carrot, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add in the toasted coconut and stir until well mixed. Then, stir in the almond milk.
- Divide the mixture between the 3 cups, pressing the oats down into the milk. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours to overnight.
- The next day, roughly chop the pecans, dividing them between the oats. Mix it all up and DEVOUR.
Tips & Notes:
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER,FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I would only recommend products I love. Thanks for supporting FFF!